Alien: Isolation...

Soldato
Now you finished it.

In the first space walk, did you notice the Alien climbing outside the station?

In the final spacewalk to escape, did you notice the Aliens following you and watching you?

Nope! Didn't notice either, tbh. I was too focused just on getting to my goal. Think that would have freaked me out tbf. :)

I feel the game is Canon to the series, no reason not to think about that, regarding the aftermath, I would assume Weyland would want to keep things quiet.

If you was reading the computer logs, you understand why, they was very naughty.

Yeah, the obvious way to square this with the canon is to assum WY lied - perhaps even regarding what they told Ripley about Amanda, who knows? However, I thought the inquests were conducted by the ICC, not the company (I could be wrong - need to rewatch and check), which would make it harder to cover up.

Also, it should be a damn sight harder to cover up the destruction of the massive Sevastopol station with its hundreds of crew plus two ships than it would have been to cover up the Nostromo.

Congrats, now on to the DLC :) The Last Survivor is up there with the best levels in the game.

Yeah, ended up playing that and Crew Expendable last night. I did enjoy Last Survivor, even thought it's incredibly short. I mean, like, 10-15 minutes short.
Though I was disappointed the alien wasn't sleeping in the shuttle when I got there so I'd have to silently suit up and blow it out the airlock!

Crew Expendable was okay. Not as good. The section in the vents was just frustrating, and the ending was a bit unsatisfying, though I guess I'm not sure what we could expect given where it picked up and left off.

Its the ultimate 'Oh ess-h-one-tee' moment when you first go down below and see what's in store isn't - will never forget that part!

Yeah... **** a nest, so now there are loads of them roaming around??!!! (Though I think I only saw two at the same time outside of cut-scenes on one occasion.)

Soldato
Hate this game, how long is it lol. I will finish it. :)

Many factors can change the time it takes to beat it, but it can be anything between 16 to 24 hours for a new player who isn't following a player walkthrough.

First time I played this on Easy, it took 24 hours. (I only died a few times to the humans, that's all) but I took it slow and crawled everywhere.

Second and third time on Hard and Nightmare (seen the game complete least 200+ or more times now) I did it under 12-14 hours.

Soldato
Took me 23 hours on normal. I died multiple times. And many, many more times just hit esc and reloaded when the alien had spotted me.

Loved it, but finishing it was also a bit of a relief given how tense it was making me feel, and I was not motivated to jump right back in on a harder difficulty. Maybe one day...

Associate
Btw there are a few mods out for this for those who are yet to play it or going back to it and they are really easy to implement.

This one you can change how much your item and weapon inventory holds and a lot more if you are struggling.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=423489181

There some graphics tweaks as well that improves them quite a bit. I love the reflections after using this.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=324612199

And lastly, more realistic and unpredictable Alien AI.

Some won't like this but this makes him roam the whole ship rather than him being around you all the time amongst other things.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/unpredictable-alien-mod

Permabanned
In two minds over this game, sometimes I love it and at times like now, locking down doors , It's just damn annoying and I'm swaying whether or not it's worth playing on.

It has it's annoying moments but as a whole I thought it was a brilliant game and it was my game of the year, a real return to form for the franchise. I've replayed it since where I found it hasn't aged badly at all, It's still a great atmospheric voyage through the Alien universe, I'm sure I'll play it again one day. :D

The developer house that worked on this project clearly put a lot of blood, sweat & tears into Alien Isolation,

For me the only negative worth mentioning is how we haven't seen an Isolation 2.

I've never bothered to play the DLC though, I started one but didn't think much of it so I scratched that and kept to only playing the main campaign.

Soldato
I'm replaying this game, hoping to have it looking amazing in 21:9 3440x1440, however I can't get any damned anti aliasing to work. I've found a mod called Alias: Isolation, but it doesn't seem to do anything. It runs and launches the game, but there is no logo and the game is still jaggy as hell.

Does anyone have a working AA solution?

Caporegime
Have you followed the instructions for Alias Isolation? You need to alter a few of the settings in the graphics menu. It worked perfectly when I tried it. Also check you’re not forcing any settings on in nVidia control panel.

Soldato
Have you followed the instructions for Alias Isolation? You need to alter a few of the settings in the graphics menu. It worked perfectly when I tried it. Also check you’re not forcing any settings on in nVidia control panel.

Yup,checked the instructions several times. It took a while to get it to successfully run, thanks to my AV being a pain. Got that sorted, and can either use the injector exe or GUI and the game runs. I've ensured that motion blur is on, Chromatic Abomination is off, and SMAA is to T1x. The game runs and it's still like a flea circus, even at 3440x1440.

Now, I do have some things set in nvidia inspector, and is to force Max performance, GSync, Fast Sync, and ambient occlusion. I also have a few tweaks to the engine XML file to get higer LOD, better planar reflections, and better shadows. I'll reset everything and try again tonight.

Looking forward to trying the Unpredictable Alien mod and telling the girlfriend to have a go :D

Soldato
Has there been any updates to the "mother VR mod"

I played it a bit in vr and thought it was amazing but there where a few issues that totally broke the immersion. Waiting for the fixes to come out before playing again.

Soldato
Yup,checked the instructions several times. It took a while to get it to successfully run, thanks to my AV being a pain. Got that sorted, and can either use the injector exe or GUI and the game runs. I've ensured that motion blur is on, Chromatic Abomination is off, and SMAA is to T1x. The game runs and it's still like a flea circus, even at 3440x1440.

Now, I do have some things set in nvidia inspector, and is to force Max performance, GSync, Fast Sync, and ambient occlusion. I also have a few tweaks to the engine XML file to get higer LOD, better planar reflections, and better shadows. I'll reset everything and try again tonight.

Looking forward to trying the Unpredictable Alien mod and telling the girlfriend to have a go :D

My God, this TAA mod is infuriatingly frustrating. I got it to work last night, but no idea how. And tonight, nada, refuses to work again. I thought it might have been GeForce Experience, or Flawless Widescreen, or even the Steam Overlay- they're all disabled to no avail.

Back
Top Bottom