Alien: Isolation...

Dis anyone ever ride the alien adventure ride at American adventure? It was one of those 4d things with a big screen and moving seats and stuff. Iirc there was a drop ship moment from aliens as well as a ride in the car ripley drives. That was cool.

I remember this, kind of.
I was really young and didnt understand what I was looking at. Only years later did I remember that I was on some sort of 'alien' ride at a theme park. Would love to understand what it was I was on.

Still have tickets as souvenirs. My mate cut his nose and lost a shoe in there. :D

It was bloody terrifying even though you knew it wasn't real - so well done. The Troc used to be sooo good :D
yeah, it was really well done, especially the bit w/ the side corridor where the lights were out!

yeah, it was really well done, especially the bit w/ the side corridor where the lights were out!
They had several routes through the complex if I remember correctly so it was always different.

One route had a lift where there was a jolt, loud bang, the doors opened and someone (who I assume was a plant) got pulled out. :D

They had several routes through the complex if I remember correctly so it was always different.

One route had a lift where there was a jolt, loud bang, the doors opened and someone (who I assume was a plant) got pulled out. :D
ah cool! i only went the once, but it makes sense that they might mix it up for regulars.

best one like that bit you mention was the Eli Roth haunted house in Vegas a couple years ago. it was set in a hotel and the costumed hosts were saying NO phones etc. So you get in the lift, and some guy's messing w/ his phone and they dragged him out and in silhouette through a frosted glass panel you saw him get butchered in a spray of blood :-D it was really well done, the lift was a hydraulic platform so you did get the shudder and drop feeling when the cables were supposed to break and drop you into the monster-infested basement.

ah cool! i only went the once, but it makes sense that they might mix it up for regulars.

I always wondered why it closed, it was always busy. Maybe it was the Health & Safety thing. The peeps playing the marines were really good, properly getting into character. :D

We used to go on the Imaginator afterwards sometimes, they had the Pepsi Max Drop there in the atrium for a while which was fun.

Namco World is the closest thing to what the Troc used to be I think, but it's still a bit meh.

LOL @ The phone thing :D :D :D

Nope! Just watching those gives me the jitters.

Last edited:
Thought I'd have a go at this last night. Installed, copied across the MotherVR file, played it for all of 30 seconds.... tXTYDnJ.gif

I ending up having an early night, still don't feel right.:(

There is something odd about the way it translates head movement in VR and I definitely find it has an effect on nausea for me, I find it's one of the few games these days that will make me feel it.

MotherVR mod has had an update recently to incorporate VR controllers so I thought I'd give it a go.

I couldn't get on with the Vive wands at all. I think mostly because you don't have any tactile feeling from a joystick and the touch pads on the vive are just frustrating to use in this game.

I then tried to use my generic Playstation controller and after a lot of faffing with x360ce to get it working the game went all glitchy, moving my head would initiate a melee attack and the crouch button wouldn't work.

So I went back to using a keyboard and mouse only to find my key bindings would constantly glitch and mess up.

After a quick google it seems you have to have both controllers turn on and placed somewhere still for a controller or keyboard mouse to work correctly. I've just given it a go and it seems to be working fine now but my wands batteries have died so they are now on charge.

I'd forgotten how good this game is in VR, even on the old vive I've got all setting on ultra and it just looks so good and the immersion is amazing only being broken by the interaction with computers and wall utility panels which always seem to show to close to your face and to focus on them I have to lean backwards a bit.

if you own this game and VR its a must try!

Last edited:
Ah that's a shame. Might try windows on it at some point but cba right now, enjoying the mostly plug 'n' play offered by Steam OS :p.
60fps maxed out with vanilla on the deck. Constant. Time to try some mods. Damn I've missed this game and it's a great experience on this !
@Jay-G25
DSC-0355.jpg

Last edited:

Last edited:
Oh yes, it's something else.
It was brilliant enough in the flat vanilla version but in VR it will be extra special. As much as I have some games on PC that I think are classics, the most incredible game experiences I've had have come on VR, with the likes of Lone Echo, Asgards Wrath and HL Alyx. Maybe I'll get Alien Isolation up and running on my Quest 2 at some point next week.

Back
Top Bottom