Alien: Isolation...

Mods to make it more realistic and scarier? Awesome, like it needs it :cry:
Worth a look though, maybe not on VR though... it was terrifying enough when I played it on the dk2!
Read the other day that there might be a sequel on the way :D

Last edited:
Great game. It's rare that I go back and play a game again after completing it. I've had 2 run-throughs of this in pancake and a third in VR, which was a truly terrifying experience.

Gave this a go for £10 and got 5 hours before deciding it just wasn’t for me.

It’s not a bad game per se, graphically it holds up well and the audio is good. My problem is that the gameplay is more frustrating and boring than scary or tense.

I was well ****** off to learn that after updating to Windows 11, it essentially broke the Mother VR mod with the Steam version of the game! Took some digging but I found a relatively easy fix for anyone interested. These are my notes but the meat of it was on an obscure github page....

There's nothing wrong with the game's exe or anything, it's something to do with the install path and Windows 11. Follow these steps to fix it (these pathways are for my specific PC so tailor to your install locations)...​

1. Go to Steam\SteamApps\common and move (cut & paste) the "Alien Isolation" folder to somewhere outside of Steam
    I went with G:\Games as that's the same drive I have Steam on.
  2. Rename the "Alien Isolation" folder to "AlienIsolation" (no spaces!!!)
  3. Delete the Steam\SteamApps\common\Alien Isolation folder if it still exists
  4. Open a cmd command prompt as Admin and enter this principle:

mklink /d "Path To Steam Alien Isolation Folder" "Path To New Location"

i.e. for me it's SPECIFICALLY: mklink /d "G:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Alien Isolation" "G:\Games\AlienIsolation"
This creates a "SYMBOLIC LINK" between the 2 directories. From Steam's point of view, the game is still installed in "...Steam\SteamApps\common\Alien Isolation" because Steam requires it to be at that path to launch the game.

THAT'S IT. WORKS!​

Last edited:
I played 10 minutes of this, then unistalled.

Not sure why I purchased it when it was in the Steam sale, I cannot play scary games. :(
Poosay :D

Are people combining mods? I tried the ultra planar mods and stuff years ago but not sure if anything has improved since then? It looks amazing back then as it was.

So far I have not tried Overhaul v2 mod mentioned above for ALien behaviour etc: https://www.nexusmods.com/alienisolation/mods/16

Any others to check out especially GFX?

Back
Top Bottom