Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Why oh why have Dell not included a Vesa mount adapter for this monitor like the DW did. Can't use my Dell monitor arm at the moment, using the provided stand for now.
Is it one of Dell's MSA arms you've got it? It should plug straight in! Dell have done a great job of standardising the mounts on their entire range of monitors now from the AW line, the Ultasharp and G series etc. to all use the same mount.

Edit: Oops, replied on your first post without seeing there was another page! Can see you've done that now!

Last edited:
Speaking of monitor arms, it's finally time that I get one.

Is the Dell MSA20 the "one" to get, or is it worth ponying up for an Ergotron LH/HX?

I have the Ergotron MX which I've had since it camne out in like 2010 - If buying today I'd get the Dell MSA20 though.

The Dell sounds like a good arm from the reviews I read quickly, but this bit at the back looks weird to me.

9iMh1ej.jpeg

I do like how much thinner the middle of the QF is over the DW, this is closer to the wall than the DW and suits arm use more too as a result:

BhemWJw.jpeg

I guess it helps that there is no bracket sitting between arm and monitor too which adds about 2 inches of depth extension.

Last edited:
Speaking of monitor arms, it's finally time that I get one.

Is the Dell MSA20 the "one" to get, or is it worth ponying up for an Ergotron LH/HX?
I was deciding between the MSA20 and the Ergotron LX and went for the MSA20 - although I really don't think you can make a bad decision between either.

The MSA20 has the benefit of fitting directly onto all Dell/Alienware monitors without having to use a VESA mount. I think the Ergotron is probably more versatile as if you use the MSA20 with a non-Dell monitor it has to have an additional plate which adds more depth.

I ended up making my decision based on getting better discount on the MSA20 compared to the LX!

Maybe a bit of a daft question but I’ll ask anyway.. I use Trackir for my flight sims etc, it “clips” onto the top of the monitor, only used Ips monitors so far and my QF is due to arrive tomorrow. Would there be any issues with the clip touching the very top of the screen literally just a few mm with it being OLED? Anyone on here use Trackir with an OLED screen. Thanks all

I do like how much thinner the middle of the QF is over the DW, this is closer to the wall than the DW and suits arm use more too as a result:

I guess it helps that there is no bracket sitting between arm and monitor too which adds about 2 inches of depth extension.
How deep is your desk? Do you ever find yourself pulling the monitor towards you or have you got it at a good point now?

Maybe a bit of a daft question but I’ll ask anyway.. I use Trackir for my flight sims etc, it “clips” onto the top of the monitor, only used Ips monitors so far and my QF is due to arrive tomorrow. Would there be any issues with the clip touching the very top of the screen literally just a few mm with it being OLED? Anyone on here use Trackir with an OLED screen. Thanks all
I have a webcam on mine that touches the top of the screen and has been there since Feb - never noticed anything at all whenever I take the webcam off / relocate things.

How deep is your desk? Do you ever find yourself pulling the monitor towards you or have you got it at a good point now?
Don't have a ruler to hand but the desk is exactly 1.5 Logitech MX Keys deep :D

I've never had to pull the monitors forwards from their set position on the arm btw, just push as far back as it will go and that's it.

Mildly interesting observation (for me at least).

I was quite disappointed with the text fringing in macOS. However, when I switched from contact lenses to my glasses, the text looks so much better! I have astigmastism so these contact lenses have to be in the perfect position otherwise things look blurry.

I suspect that the contacts are causing a bit of chromatic abberation. I doubt it's the prescription because I had an eye test about a year ago, but anything's possible.

Last edited:

BhemWJw.jpeg

What is the name of the arm you have purchased here?

The QF doesn't come with a Vesa plate right like the DW? Did it go onto the arm ok?
it has VESA 100x100 holes so no plate is needed, the plate simply adds ease f convenience really as it uses the in-built locking tabs instead like the default stand and MSA-20.

L8QyTso.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom