Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

This monitor is great. 240hz + 4k is crisp as expected, and honestly I forgot how detailed it is. Not used my c2 42 in about a year.

The 1700r curve does not bother me one bit thankfully.

Having 16:9 back is a win too.

Testing out HDR mode in game is superb. The colours appear to pop more and appears to be brighter too over my DW.

This so far is a great display. Nothing to complain about ... yet :p :D

This monitor is great. 240hz + 4k is crisp as expected, and honestly I forgot how detailed it is. Not used my c2 42 in about a year.

The 1700r curve does not bother me one bit thankfully.

Having 16:9 back is a win too.

Testing out HDR mode in game is superb. The colours appear to pop more and appears to be brighter too over my DW.

This so far is a great display. Nothing to complain about ... yet :p :D

You notice much difference between having a gsync module in your dw to the aw32? i.e. smoothness and flickering at lower fps ranges from say high 40 to 70 fps?

Just found out my employer is actually part of dell advantage.
Dell Advantage codes is now down to 10%.
How often do dell codes change? Can the discount go higher like 20% or something?
For Alienware monitors I've never seen it go higher than 15%.

I bought a 240hz 1080p (AW2521HFL) around 4 years ago and that was a 15% discount from Dell Advantage - but it typically has always sat between 10% and 15% on AW monitors just looking back at my email history from the coupon codes since 2015(!?)

You notice much difference between having a gsync module in your dw to the aw32? i.e. smoothness and flickering at lower fps ranges from say high 40 to 70 fps?

For me so far I've yet to see flicker. I've tried to change some settings around in CB to elicit some flicker but nothing as of yet which is a good sign. I brought the FPS down to around 50fps and it's smooth as you'd expect at that framerate with gsync. I'm going to continue to try other games and spend more time, but I'd be surprised if I don't catch the odd flicker like mrk.

Side note, just cruising around in my GT3RS through Night city on this new panel looks better than my DW. Colours and visuals are gorgeous!

No fan noise anymore either, huge win there too. :D

Last edited:
Watching HotD and man, 4K on a 4K monitor beats 4K on a 1440p - The pixel density is what makes it combined with the generational improvements on QD. It's even crisper than on my 65" OLED, though the living room TV isn't HDR as it's Gen 1 LG OLED, but still, just shows how far monitors have now come, and the fact that we can get a flagship 240Hz one for well under £1000....

Hr8G9tI.jpeg

hKnKAxu.jpeg

Last edited:
Watching HotD and man, 4K on a 4K monitor beats 4K on a 1440p - The pixel density is what makes it combined with the generational improvements on QD.

For the people who are unsure:

4k on a 4k monitor beats 4k on 1440p not just because the pixel density is higher, it is also because it has more detail due to many more pixels. Detail and sharpness are separate. Sharpness is effected by pixel density, detail by number of pixels.

Dvd on a 6 inch screen looks crisp vs uhd on 77 inch screen, but it doesn't have the same amount of detail. This can only be achieved via more pixels.

Just been to give my dad my DW as he was using the free Xiaomi 34" UW I got. Will now sell the Xiaomi instead as that's not available in the UK so be quite a good claw back of some £ and keeps the DW in the family which I'm happy about :D

Didn't measure but seems the same as all other included power cables, about 1.8m?

There are no dimming options for menus etc on the QF. MSI/Asus etc have options for this, though this has never been an issue on any Alienware QD-OLED before so shouldn't be an issue now.

Good lad :)

Reactions: mrk
I don't think my DP is working..... :/ Will try another cable after the firmware update (just using hdmi for now).

EDIT:

working now

Last edited:
How long do Dell historically support their monitors with firmware upgrades?

---

I asked chatgpt and this is the response:

Newer monitors (2015 and later): Dell typically supports firmware updates for newer monitors for at least 3-5 years after the product's end-of-life (EOL) date. This means that even if the monitor is no longer actively sold or supported, Dell may still provide firmware updates for a few years

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom