Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

is that because you have one as well as the AW?

I do indeed. I appreciate good quality displays which I enjoy trying out. My problem is I tend to hold onto them and swap them around from time to time. But I don't think I'll be doing that again for a long time as the QF has hit the spot for me.

I should try and sell them on, but I have 2 young boys who will need monitors at some point in the future, plus as even younger daughter who may want to join the squad too :p. That's what I tell myself lol

Last edited:
When you look at the drivers and support page for the AW3225QF they list the Alienware Command Center as "critical".

However when I read the description of what it is it doesn't sound particularly critical to me.

Do we need to install it?

Description​

This package contains the Alienware Command Center 6.x - Full Installer. It installs the software packages components that are part of Alienware Command Center which is based on peripheral configuration for non-Alienware and non-Dell G Series systems. Alienware Command Center offers the following capabilities:- AlienFX module for systems, key binding, and settings configuration- Game Library module for creating configuration presets to be assigned to games.This update addresses the Dell Security Advisories (DSA). A security advisory is a statement when a security vulnerability impacts a product, and a remedy is available for the vulnerability.

Last edited:
When you look at the drivers and support page for the AW3225QF they list the Alienware Command Center as "critical".

However when I read the description of what it is it doesn't sound particularly critical to me.

Description​

This package contains the Alienware Command Center 6.x - Full Installer. It installs the software packages components that are part of Alienware Command Center which is based on peripheral configuration for non-Alienware and non-Dell G Series systems. Alienware Command Center offers the following capabilities:- AlienFX module for systems, key binding, and settings configuration- Game Library module for creating configuration presets to be assigned to games.This update addresses the Dell Security Advisories (DSA). A security advisory is a statement when a security vulnerability impacts a product, and a remedy is available for the vulnerability.

I personally don't bother with that or any of the Alienware Command Center stuff. I only install the firmware.

Before my AW2725DF, I used an AW2521HFL (and before that had an AW18HF) and they've always said Command Centre is critical. I remove it every time it 'auto-installs' and it's never once caused any issues at all.

Hi

Can anyone help me I looking at buy the monitor as TCB is now at 11% and the price is now down to £889.99, no luck with discount codes

Is it worth purchasing the 3Y ProSupport with Advanced Exchange Upgrade for £60 or just going with the 3Y Basic Hardware Service with Advanced Exchange?

YOu get 3 years next working day replacement warranty anyway so any extra warranty isn't needed really.

No, it will install an icc profile too which will mess up colours. Don't install the Alienware or Dell software , they are critical, critically rubbish that is, and will just background install updates and stuff which is annoying. No driver or software is needed for these monitors.

Last edited:
Ah yeah that alienware thing got installed here too :mad: Uninstalled! I can't see any icc profiles though other than my hdr calibration one.

Ah that's ok then, I didn't touch it this time round but with the DW did at launch and it kept reinstalling the icc profile and updating the Dell/Alienware command software etc.

Now played some more 4K games and 4K is much less demanding than I was expecting. Retried Still Wakes the Deep (UE 5.3) and on Epic settings even without frame gen it's over 100fps DLSS Quality, or maxes out the 144fps game cap in Performance.

What a time to be a 4K gamer :o

Hopefully Black Myth Wukong is similar, though FG will be needed with that since path tracing.

Ah that's ok then, I didn't touch it this time round but with the DW did at launch and it kept reinstalling the icc profile and updating the Dell/Alienware command software etc.

Now played some more 4K games and 4K is much less demanding than I was expecting. Retried Still Wakes the Deep (UE 5.3) and on Epic settings even without frame gen it's over 100fps DLSS Quality, or maxes out the 144fps game cap in Performance.

Hopefully Black Myth Wukong is similar, though FG will be needed with that since path tracing.

What GPU are you running?

Yup I'm pretty surprised at how well the 3080 is doing, if you kept up with the 3080 10gb fiasco in gpu sub-forum, you would think it be a disaster uncapable of any 4k gaming :cry: No doubt though AW 2, cp 2077 are punishing now even at dlss perf. when maxed out, more so AW 2 but as said, the dldsr overhead in other games is very real and 4k dlss perf in titles is better than the perf i was getting with dldsr and dlss perf at 1440p so a nice surprise.

What brightness are you using btw? I'm finding 40% too bright.

Last edited:
44 brightness and 66 contrast. This gives me exactly 100cd/m2 which is my preferred brightness fr work and play in all lighting conditions and that's what I measured with the colorimeter.

Anywhere from 90 to 120cd/m2 is recognised as the standard for a monitor's brightness in an office environment, though brightness is purely preference and mkes no change to the overall colour accuracy of the panel. I always reduce the contrast though as that's the balance between light and shadow so 66 feels the best vs the default 75.

Last edited:
Mine arrived today. Still in its box. My loft where the gaming pc would usually be is getting renovated atm so its a bit of a mess atm.

Probably a few days / week to set up the monitor and get my first look.

Shame that the weather is due to heat up just as soon as I received the monitor too. (Being in a loft means generally speaking when summer hits gaming pc remains off)

Oh and the box looks a bit battered. Hope the contents is OK!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom