Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Ah yeah that alienware thing got installed here too :mad: Uninstalled! I can't see any icc profiles though other than my hdr calibration one.
Mine doesnt have it. how did it get installed on yours?

On another note: coming from an LG38 screen (which died after 4 years). This screen is just incredible.

Yesterday i saw the Samsung LS49CG934 for 850 (which i appreciate is a complete bargain) but i just didnt want that second gen oled with potential burn in.

Last edited:
Mine doesnt have it. how did it get installed on yours?

On another note: coming from an LG38 screen (which died after 4 years). This screen is just incredible.

Yesterday i saw the Samsung LS49CG934 for 850 (which i appreciate is a complete bargain) but i just didnt want that second gen oled with potential burn in.

Think windows maybe installs it when the monitor is plugged in.

How you finding the switch from 21.9 to 16.9?

In fact the box is so battered they've patched it up with masking tape!
That’s not on at all, my box was a bit dirty but other than that it was in great condition.

@mrk would you be so kind as to share your in game cyberpunk HDR 10PQ settings? Sorry in advance if you don’t use HDR in said game. Thanks

Last edited:
Think windows maybe installs it when the monitor is plugged in.

How you finding the switch from 21.9 to 16.9?
it feels narrow but tall. the old monitor was 1600 vertical so i'm sort of used to it being tall anyway. the horizontal narrowness is noticeable. That being said, the difference between IPS and this is night and day, freakishly so. I really didnt want a 2nd gen with the burn in horror stories and given i work on this monitor for the most part with some gaming, i didnt want that risk.

Basically, i'll get used to it. In a few years, we'll have 58inch (or whatever) 3/4th gen monitors, i'll get one of those then.

Genuine question as I see a fair amount of you talking about 39" ultrawides, using 42" monitors or even 58" monitors - are these not all just way too big?

27" is the largest I can comfortably go to right now with a monitor (which is why I'm waiting for the 27" 4k OLEDs with high refresh before moving away from 1440p). 32" was the size of my first TV I ever bought with my own money (Sony Bravia back in 2008!) and for some reason I'll just associate that with being a TV size. Whenever I see a 32" monitor in person it just looks big.

Every time I'm tempted by the G93 (even at that price!) i think of poor @Sega Mega Dave and his black screen experiences with his and it puts me right off! The PG42UQ I got from him via AV has been flawless and it's hard to let go of it :)

Genuine question as I see a fair amount of you talking about 39" ultrawides, using 42" monitors or even 58" monitors - are these not all just way too big?

27" is the largest I can comfortably go to right now with a monitor (which is why I'm waiting for the 27" 4k OLEDs with high refresh before moving away from 1440p). 32" was the size of my first TV I ever bought with my own money (Sony Bravia back in 2008!) and for some reason I'll just associate that with being a TV size. Whenever I see a 32" monitor in person it just looks big.
in my experience 42 on a desk as a monitor is too big, however a lot of people use them like that and love them
personal preference I guess
imo it is best to try every size, if we get a chance, to know what we like best
I personally went from 34DW to 42C3 and now waiting for delivery of 27Q3

Last edited:
That's my only small issue with the 42, wish I had something smaller sometimes for fast-paced fps etc. I do sometimes set it to a 1600p UW res and that helps plus gives that great UW benefit with certain games :cool:
you can always imitate 27 inch 1440p experience by setting borderless 27 inch 1440p to display in the middle of the screen on your 4k screen, but from experience not every game supports it or supports it borderless

Last edited:
when talking strictly about ultrawide 21:9 I think 38 inch is the sweetspot, ideally being 1600p or higher

Yeah I would need to try for myself, I think that is the absolute max I would go. I imagine the width would be a bit too much for me as feel any bigger than 34@ 21.9 wideness would be too much.

I think with my desk 34” ultra wide would be just about the maximum I could go. Don’t know if it’s just me but the QW seems quite a bit bigger in size than my older 32” GD3223D, might be the curve :cry: Which I absolutely love.

What is the preference when connecting monitors to our PCs assuming both connections, dp 1.4 and hdmi 2.1, support the same maximum refresh rate of the monitor at 10 bit? Does it even matter which we choose?

Testing other games out and definitely the newer games show the biggest improvements with 4k, the first descendant being another recent title where 4k just looks better with higher res. assets.

Still unsure what to do atm, if it weren't for TAA upscaling based methods being a thing (more so poorly implemented versions.....), I would definitely be keeping the UW 1440 but alas, this is the gaming world we are in now.....

I'm noticing the aw 32 being noticeably better "overall" for colours in some games too, more so in shadowed/dark scenes.

Going to hook up the aw34dw over the weekend again to see how much going back to 21.9 and back to 1440p hits me.

One thing is for sure, really need 50xx now to make the most of 240hz!

Last edited:
Testing other games out and definitely the newer games show the biggest improvements with 4k, the first descendant being another recent title where 4k just looks better with higher res. assets.

Still unsure what to do atm, if it weren't for TAA upscaling based methods being a thing (more so poorly implemented versions.....), I would definitely be keeping the UW 1440 but alas, this is the gaming world we are in now.....

I'm noticing the aw 32 being noticeably better "overall" for colours in some games too, more so in shadowed/dark scenes.

Going to hook up the aw34dw over the weekend again to see how much going back to 21.9 and back to 1440p hits me.

One thing is for sure, really need 50xx now to make the most of 240hz!

Keep the 32" 4K panel. You know you want to ;)

Back
Top Bottom