** ALL NEW (WITH RULES) Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
:eek:

If that is true, then Ronaldo is set. Many times over my yearly wage in a week. Also Man City will get a lot mroe hate if this happens as that is clearly just buying a trophy..

Soldato

If that is true, then Ronaldo is set. Many times over my yearly wage in a week. Also Man City will get a lot mroe hate if this happens as that is clearly just buying a trophy..

would they care - especially if they managed the CL (how ever good the rest of the team are, he must be worth a good 5 - 10 league points on his own - although this is hard/impossible to quantify)

I cant see how City can compare quality of life to Madrid however, so I cant see this happening (even with such obscene wages)

Caporegime

He's on close to it now anyway isn't he, well, its hard to know.

I'm sure when he signed they were talking about 200-250k a week + a yearly wage rise that was supposed to see him near 500k a week by the end of his contract(4 or 5 years?) so by now he should be on a seriously stupid wage.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to move, he outscored Messi in a worse team, won a cup against Barca but Messi was just automatically deemed better. At this stage Messi will be the "better" player even if Ronaldo outscores him and wins the league title and champs league. Messi is La Liga's darling and he never will be, if he comes back to the EPL, he WILL be the best player in the league every year till he retires basically.

I can see La Liga being insanely frustrating for him in that sense and the EPL very attractive in the same way.

Caporegime
would they care - especially if they managed the CL (how ever good the rest of the team are, he must be worth a good 5 - 10 league points on his own - although this is hard/impossible to quantify)

I cant see how City can compare quality of life to Madrid however, so I cant see this happening (even with such obscene wages)

Real are buying La Liga by spending 80mil on Ronaldo, 60mil on kaka, 30-40mil on Benzema and Alonso, Ozil, Khedira, Coentrao, Di Maria, Carvalho, Arbeloa and a few others IIRC......... there is nothing else to say but they bought the title.

Barca pay Messi pretty close to half a mil a week or, pretty much the entire wage budget of a team like Wigan to just one player, the rest of their top players are now on insane wages, and they were still buying players the whole time, Ibra being a frankly ridiculously expensive deal that made Ronaldo seem cheap by comparison.

Utd have, or had outspent everyone many times over to win the title, Chelsea bought the title, City are buying the title, every big team spends to wins titles with no exception.

Caporegime
To get away from just being called second best to Messi, all the time/to get away from Barca/etc. And the piles and piles of cash.

I can understand the Messi point :p

Not so much the money, he's on very good money in Madrid and given the choice between Madrid and Manchester? :o

Caporegime
I would have thought 500k would double his wage

250k-ish starting wage at Real with a BIG wage rise each year is what was rumoured, and it was said to be circa 500k at the end of his first contract.... so he'll be fairly close to that anyway after 3 years.

Spain seems to be descending into the new Greece at the moment, huge unemployment, might not be the best of places to live in the next few years(a lot of places might not be).

Soldato
250k-ish starting wage at Real with a BIG wage rise each year is what was rumoured, and it was said to be circa 500k at the end of his first contract.... so he'll be fairly close to that anyway after 3 years.

Spain seems to be descending into the new Greece at the moment, huge unemployment, might not be the best of places to live in the next few years(a lot of places might not be).

I don't see how that is going to affect someone that get's paid so much money? Even if he has to take a large wage drop, he'll still be paid stupid amounts of money.

Anyway, I can't see him coming back to England, unless it's for Man Utd (and even then, I'd imagine that would be highly unlikely.) Love to see him in the Prem again though, really annoying but fantastic footballer to watch week in, week out.

Caporegime
I would have thought 500k would double his wage

No, he signed for Real Madrid on or just over £250,000 a week anyway and he did have clauses in his contract for a lot more.

For those mentioning "Why return to Manchester", you need to remember that place was his home from the period of time he turned from a boy to a man and he has a lot of friends there. He's stated many times that he misses Manchester the place.
In his heart I'm sure he'd rather return to Manchester United but financially Manchester City are in a much stronger position. But you also need to take into consideration the tax laws in the UK as well.

It's a shame he's in the situation he is in Spain (in ways other than the financial sense, which is far from a 'shame'), he broke the all-time scoring record in the Spanish League despite missing around 2 months with an injury and still it's a given that Messi gets World Player. He's the fastest player to ever score 100 goals in the Spanish League, yet Messi remains the games darling.

Let us not forget that Messi plays upfront on his own for the most part for Barcelona with Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta in midfield supporting him and the likes of Dani Alves putting in balls for him. Ronaldo plays in a team with a front line of Higuain or Benzema (and in recent times, both at the same time) and Kaka also joins in with his fair share.

Both Messi and Ronaldo have scored an equal amount of times (35) yet Messi's contribution accounts for 43% of Barcelona's goals and Ronaldo only 37% as well as the fact that Real Madrid have also scored an additional 13 goals this season. Not bad for a player who is being played in a more withdrawn role from goal over the last couple of months. Both are exceptional players, but it's frustrating when all you hear are people like Jim Beglin and Gerry Armstrong bang on about Messi whilst giving backhanded digs at Ronaldo.

Caporegime
Apparently Man City are going to try and sign Cristiano Ronaldo for £80m on 500k/week wages.

Doubt it.

Question is will Ronaldo play for Utd's rivals??...i remember hearing that even though he has left, he has a lot of respect for Utd and Fergie and wouldnt play for another Prem team let alone City.

Mind you the only team that could pull off such a signing is 'money bags' City;)...dont think Chelsea could get close to the buying power City have at the moment.

Caporegime
I don't see how that is going to affect someone that get's paid so much money? Even if he has to take a large wage drop, he'll still be paid stupid amounts of money.

Anyway, I can't see him coming back to England, unless it's for Man Utd (and even then, I'd imagine that would be highly unlikely.) Love to see him in the Prem again though, really annoying but fantastic footballer to watch week in, week out.

Because simply living in a capital city with constant rioting isn't a very pleasant way to live if it ended up that way, which is frankly, more than possible. As for making that much money, who do you think the people who riot in terrible economys are most angry at... the richest and not everyone in Madrid is a Real Madrid fan, far from it.

If a country was collapsing the last thing I'd want to be is, a massively well paid, very well known public figure, in the capital with loads of opposition fans who hate me ;)

As for people saying City and respect and yadda yadda yadda, do people really not get that its players playing up to the fans, I mean really?

Yeah, given the choice between a bunch of clubs, equal chances for titles and equal money a player might choose somewhere that isn't direct competition, but Real Madrid ARE direct competition for Utd anyway, just not in the premier league. it's okay to join Real and beat them in the champs league but not okay to beat them with another team in the league? For the vast majority of footballers, they are professionals, its a profession and like anyone else they will often take the best job available to them at a given time.

Soldato
Tottenham on the verge of completing a £1.5milllion deal for Ecuadorian left-back Christian Ramirez

According to the Daily Mirror, the teenager has flown to London for talks and is set to move to White Hart Lane when he turns 18 in the summer.

Ramirez, an attacking full-back who has been likened to Brazilian legend Roberto Carlos, shone at the Under-17 World Cup last summer and has a number of admirers across Europe.

Transfer rules prevent the South American moving to Europe before his 18th birthday in August but Spurs have already made their move and appear to be leading the race for his signature.

Ramirez currently plays for Ecuadorian side Independiente Jose Teran and could provide competition for left-sided duo Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Danny Rose.

Tottenham are also said to be close to signing 21-year-old Argentinian defender Julian Velazquez from Independiente.

ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK

Soldato
I wonder if United will be in the market for a new striker in the summer? It never really occurred to me that it might be a position we'd be looking to strengthen until tonight when we only had Welbeck on the bench, with Berbatov surely off in the summer (it seems like he's been frozen out altogether since it was more or less confirmed he'll be leaving) I wouldn't fancy our chances if we had to rely on Welbeck & Hernandez if something happened long term to Rooney next season.

Also saw this the other day which I thought was quite amusing :p

174328hp2.jpg

Caporegime
Think its pretty disrespectful behaviour to freeze Berbatov out to be honest, he's been loyal, hasn't kicked up a fuss about not being played nor about leaving.

Ok, if you were desperate to give Welbeck games to help him improve or if he was genuinely excellent, but he was again pointless tonight as he is most games.

City with a bit more experience and if you win the title, for my money probably Mourinho and another 80mil of players will be a much bigger problem next year. Hell "this" City squad before pressure seemed to get to them were pulling away from Utd quite easily.

Welbeck and Hernandez aren't going to cut it long term, Chelsea likely due for some heavy improving and Spurs making slow but steady progress, honestly Utd's strikeforce looks ridiculous compared to.... Newcastle, City, Real, Barca, Bayern, aside from experience and the general winning menality Utd have one "real" striker(two if you include Berbatov).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom