Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

I'm sure this has already been posted but they put the bloody minimum order value for free delivery up to £35!

It used to be £20 until a few years ago, then £25, now £35!

To be honest that's even more of an incentive just to use eBay or vendors own websites, I barely use Amazon as it is.

Just frustrating you cannot buy alcohol from eBay as I'm after a bottle of bourbon whiskey.

I use Master of Malt, though delivery isn’t free, unless you use their yearly premium postage service. I ordered some bottles last Sunday afternoon and they arrived the next day, just using the cheapest postage they offer, which I think was £4.95, though I much prefer to use them as they actually package the products properly, Amazon just place bottle loosely in a box.

Last edited:
Amazon is a terrible platform to buy things from nowadays.

It gives you selectable options to narrow your choice and displays the same things!

You change the search term and it just displays whichever sponsored products are vaguely similar to your search, and the exact item is buried away below.

Nit to mention their complicated delivery charging system.

It's clearly set up to grind you down into just paying for the blasted thing once you finally get to the end.

eBay is a much better buyers marketplace IMO

If you only buying from 3rd party marketplace I agree ebay is better, although my issue with ebay everyone just wants to keep using the absolute trashiest shipping possible, royal mail 2nd class, evri if you lucky.

Amazon I think have just pulled a DPD on me, wonder if service is going to go bad again in this area.

First warning sign was a late window, I watched it count down from 9 stops to go to "you are the next stop", he drove by my address, parked up, then the "you are the next stop" vanished, and then he drove away, although it doesnt say they have missed me, I can now see him still doing stuff on the tracker, but no more progress on his stops, so him skipping me has not correctly informed me I wont be getting my parcel. It has been quite a while since amazon have failed to deliver but I guess its happened again whilst making me think its still out for delivery.

--

Call operator got the driver to turn around, he also revealed (without me asking) that Amazon have reverted to putting business properties earlier on route and residential back to up to 10pm.

Last edited:
So, just had a notice from Amazon that they attempted delivery today at 1:42pm...me checks watch, it says 1:15pm.

Me shrugs shoulders...

Delivery during the week when I was in and captured on the video doorbell, was a tiny tap on the front door, wait 2.7 seconds and throw cardboard package behind the wheely bin.
Lucky I was in because 20 minutes later we had a downpour and it would have been ruined.

Checked on Amazon and apparently the package was handed to resident :rolleyes:

Tried to watch a movie on Prime earlier and it had over a minute of unskippable ads before it would start. Is this new? WTF?

Some have up to 3 minutes of unskippable ads to try and force people into paying extra to remove ads. If it wasn't for sharing Prime with family I'd have just cancelled entirely and now rarely watch stuff on Prime (even if I have to pay more to watch it elsewhere).

Last edited:
Amazon is a terrible platform to buy things from nowadays.

It gives you selectable options to narrow your choice and displays the same things!

You change the search term and it just displays whichever sponsored products are vaguely similar to your search, and the exact item is buried away below.

Nit to mention their complicated delivery charging system.

It's clearly set up to grind you down into just paying for the blasted thing once you finally get to the end.

eBay is a much better buyers marketplace IMO

Their search algorithm is bananas and getting worse. I totally agree there.

However I don't find eBay all that much better as that is often flooded with even more listings of the same stuff all at ridiculously different prices etc. Too much scrolling through too many options.

The only reason I have Amazon Prime is the next day delivery. Generally they have been extraordinarily reliable in getting things to me next day, even when ordered at something like 10pm at night. There aren't really any alternatives to that service. If I suddenly realise I need some screws or a tool for a DIY job I'm doing at 9pm at night, I can be sure I'll get it by the next afternoon.

Last edited:
Something has happened to trash delivery times, I couldnt find anything to be delivered prior to Sunday today. Given whats happened to weekday delivery times though I can live with it, probably will be am at least with it being a weekend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom