Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Soldato
During peak events like Black Friday, Prime Day they always pad out the delivery estimates, but depending on volumes going through the FC's or delivery stations can get it sooner

Soldato
Given that I was getting free super saver delivery the next day I would say Amazons sales were below expectation rather than anything else.

In previous Black Fridays my free super savers were all coming on the 5th day even for stuff ordered a week later.

Caporegime
OP
Amazon has fallen off their throne for me. Their delicious heroes* used to be on point, always on time and their requirements were much lower. Now Prime is too slow and too unreliable on far too many products. Now their prices seem to have gone up too, I find myself shopping elsewhere a lot.

*deliveries, but my phone corrected it and I didn’t want to hurt it’s feelings.

Soldato
Not sure tbh why people buy so much from Amazon. There are better places to buy almost everything. Not just cheaper, but better service, etc.
That's not true for everyone. I haven't had better service anywhere.
Not sure where else I could order a lot of items same day delivery for free.

Soldato
North West London here, for the last few months the Prime deliveries have become very unreliable, sometimes not receiving items until 2 days later with no explanation, other times drives just leaving high value items on the doorstep without even bothering to ring the bell.

Everytime I have complained they have compensated me with an extra month of Prime though, so catch 22.

Soldato
I've had 4 months extended on my Prime membership in the past two weeks because items just haven't been delivered on the day I picked and because I basically have prime to be able to pick delivery days I complained and they extended. And this has been deliveries to both my home and my work.

Soldato
The biggest pro for me at the moment is that I have a collection locker in the corner shop about a minutes walk away, so I don't need to worry about being in to receive it or hoping it arrives at work before I leave etc.

Much easier than trekking to the local DPD depot after they've failed to deliver 2 days in a row.

Same deal for returns, stick a label on it, drop it off when convenient.

hux

hux

Soldato
Had a parcel delivered to my locker, only to be sent back next day apparently damaged. It's just a box of screws.
I'm getting the feeling they did this just to clear locker space, anyone else have this happen?

Soldato
Looks like a new trick

Some puzzle books ordering, and they prime, in green letters "available to ship in 1-2 days"
On checkout screen says "in stock"

So how can something be in stock and be available to ship in 1-2 days? earliest nominated day delivery is friday O_o.

Soldato
Looks like a new trick

Some puzzle books ordering, and they prime, in green letters "available to ship in 1-2 days"
On checkout screen says "in stock"

So how can something be in stock and be available to ship in 1-2 days? earliest nominated day delivery is friday O_o.

Not everything comes from an Amazon warehouse and not everything is dispatched from within this country.

Back
Top Bottom