Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Soldato
So how can something be in stock and be available to ship in 1-2 days? earliest nominated day delivery is friday O_o.

As someone who works in planning for a large DC, not amazon but similar i'd say at this time of year that will most likely be a capacity issue. Plenty of stock on our shelves that we can't ship sooner without an earlier order going late.

Caporegime
Compared to last year they're making a real hash of things (IMHO)

With a few items now they were listed as say "delivery by 23rd, order within 5 hours etc.." then when you get to the final checkout page it changes to delivery by 27th... This first one I didn't even pay attention to it at checkout and had to go back and cancel the order...

to take the Mickey further, it later had the option of Express delivery by X am in the 23rd, for an addition £4-something, yet with the prime option I'm already paying for it is showing as the 27th. I'd be quite happy with the afternoon of the 23rd.

The other annoyance is the number of prime items that go beyond 1-2 days... for example just searching for stuff earlier, little extra presents like boxes of chocolates, bathroom gift sets.. the generic stuff I'd just buy a load of so that I've always got a few gifts handy that can be given to an aunt/uncle/cousin etc.. I forgot about etc.. I made sure to search for "prime" items only... yet on some of the first result you click on them and get nonsense like "usually dispatches in 2-4 weeks" - WTF???? Why list that as an early search result when someone is specifically searching for prime? The product owners/BAs need their heads examined, searching for "prime" items is a pretty clear indication that the shopper desires swift delivery... they really ought to offer the feature to prioritise by delivery date in the search results but failing that it ought to be implicit with prime selected... I don't want to click on a bunch of items with delivery dates ranging into weeks as the by that point the fact that "prime" is available for that item has **** all impact on the delivery date.

/rant over

Man of Honour
Yeah usefulness of the prime button is on the decline - I didn't mind when it was the odd item that wasn't available immediately, that happens, but its becoming more and more common. It is a large part of why I pay for prime.

Soldato
Amazon have been an utter nightmare for me this year. Various problems throughout the year, and then... Christmas.

Ordered a book. Arrived with a torn cover. Out of stock, no more until after Christmas. Ordered another two books. Again, both damaged. Replacements sent. Also damaged. Ordered something else, due to be delivered today along with 4 other items. Nominated day delivery, as I've been away all week.

Total items delivered today?

Utterly hopeless company. Had an apology email for two of the items, stating that the items are running late, but will be delivered "by Saturday 22nd December". The other two are just "running late".

Soldato
i have ordered a karcher k5 twice with amazon now the first time i canceled after it was delayed. Ordered again in the sale yesterday on prime, was dispatched last night but now once again has been delayed and wont be delivered before Christmas :(

Soldato
Annoying, isn't it? Especially so, when you look at the store page for items they're delaying until after Christmas, and it still states "free delivery by [Sunday/Monday]".

Associate
Amazon have been an utter nightmare for me this year. Various problems throughout the year, and then... Christmas.

Ordered a book. Arrived with a torn cover. Out of stock, no more until after Christmas. Ordered another two books. Again, both damaged. Replacements sent. Also damaged. Ordered something else, due to be delivered today along with 4 other items. Nominated day delivery, as I've been away all week.

Total items delivered today?

Utterly hopeless company. Had an apology email for two of the items, stating that the items are running late, but will be delivered "by Saturday 22nd December". The other two are just "running late".

Oh my god , a book with a torn cover, out of stock items!! I say we send in the army. What has happened to people.....

Soldato
Oh my god , a book with a torn cover, out of stock items!! I say we send in the army. What has happened to people.....

Is it wrong to expect things to be delivered in good condition, and on time?

Are your expectations are so low that you'd be happy with damaged and/or late items, regularly, from a service that you are paying for?

It's a bit odd to open a thread titled "Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls", only to moan about people complaining about the service...

Last edited:
Soldato
I suspect I won't be resubscribing to Prime. Last Christmas was ridiculous with items just disappearing during transit (stolen I assume) and this year next day delivery seems to mean anything from 1 day to 'after Christmas'
The service is certainly not what it was. Even complaining about late deliveries doesn't seem to get you anywhere now, at least before you might get an extra month of prime, now it's just 'yes, sorry about that'

Soldato
Putting Christmas aside I am guessing part of it depends how close you are to an amazon depot. We have one nearby and some things come a few hours after being ordered on prime. Most arrives on time with the occasional delay.

Soldato
I ordered 6 books and 5 arrived on Weds, for some reason 1 book was arriving separately on Saturday by 9pm.... low and behold it didn't arrive. The website now says the parcel may be lost. Live chat were useless. Either a replacement to be sent (too late for xmas) or a refund.... neither of which help as I now have to drive to town, pay for parking, buy a more expensive copy and drive home.

What's more annoying is the condescending live chat.... 'as you are a valued customer I can offer you a refund'.... damn right you will, it's the least you will be doing!!!.

A complaint email shall certainly be going in.... useless.

Man of Honour
Considering the sheer volume of items Amazon send on a daily basis I reckon their failure rate isn't going to be that bad and as the end of the day things go wrong and they can't bend space and time to magic people another one by Christmas it's just one of those things.

Soldato
I ordered on the 14th. Its taken them until the 23rd to decide the package wont be coming... and all they offer is a refund. That's not really the service anyone expects. The other 5 books made it fine. I'd expect them to offer something a bit more to make up for the hassle especially from one of the worlds biggest companies.

Back
Top Bottom