Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Man of Honour
Soldato
Someone has to do these jobs though...
But the people doing it at the moment don't. They can leave and go and get this other distribution job you mentioned that pays £14+.

The reality is, the pool of unskilled labour is large and as long as there's someone out there willing to replace you, the pay will always be low.

Soldato
But the people doing it at the moment don't. They can leave and go and get this other distribution job you mentioned that pays £14+.

The reality is, the pool of unskilled labour is large and as long as there's someone out there willing to replace you, the pay will always be low.

Indeed, but that doesn't create a happy workforce having continuous rotation policy where people come and go due to low wage, it doesn't help anyone.

Soldato
So, yesterday I ordered a few things and today Royal mail has one of the items at the DO local to me and is due for delivery today. Now on Amazon, it says the item is undeliverable and I will get a full refund in a few days. What gives?

Soldato
So, yesterday I ordered a few things and today Royal mail has one of the items at the DO local to me and is due for delivery today. Now on Amazon, it says the item is undeliverable and I will get a full refund in a few days. What gives?
Go onto Royal Mail tracking if it has a 13-character code, see if it's been scanned as "inaccessible."

Soldato
I've stopped ordering chocolate from Amazon at the moment ... on previous purchase the seller anticipated the issue.

[
Someone has to do these jobs though, and fighting for a better wage in these tough times needs to be done.
ryanair boss wasn't holding back this morning vehement
Britain's departure from the EU had proved to be a "disaster for the free movement of labour" he said and called on the government to "be honest and own up" that it was the cause of worker shortages.
The UK labour market was "fundamentally broken" Mr O'Leary said and argued it was time for the UK to consider reversing "some of the stupidity of B***". He said the priority for the next UK prime minister should be to sign a free trade deal with the EU, including free movement of labour.
]

Soldato
So I ordered something days ago I get a text message link that states Royal Mail tried to deliver and couldn't and may try again some other time, no date given. The really galling thing is I was in at the time the reason states unable to gain entry to the building well theres a tradesmen's button to press that gains morning admittance that the postie uses on his regular morning round but that stops midday and this was during the afternoon... anybody else i.e. Logistics would have simply buzzed me to let them in but because its the Post Office they don't do that sort of thing so now its gone back to the depot fate unknown. Give me strength.

Caporegime
[

ryanair boss wasn't holding back this morning vehement
Britain's departure from the EU had proved to be a "disaster for the free movement of labour" he said and called on the government to "be honest and own up" that it was the cause of worker shortages.
The UK labour market was "fundamentally broken" Mr O'Leary said and argued it was time for the UK to consider reversing "some of the stupidity of B***". He said the priority for the next UK prime minister should be to sign a free trade deal with the EU, including free movement of labour.
]

LOL he's one of the most notorious penny pinchers out there, of course he's not happy at the prospect of maybe having to pay a bit more to attract workers, their whole business is all about running things as cheaply as possible and grabbing as many extra payments from customers as possible.

Soldato
My last 3 deliveries have failed to reach me with ever changing delivery quoted times on the day. Now today I'm actually on holiday awaiting a small delivery - I see the delivery man go into my building (small block of flats) and my Echo dot pings to say that I've received it. I run downstairs and absolutely sod all there. That's 4 charges on my credit card that I'm awaiting potential refunds on now which is a clusterduck.

I raised it with the Amazon assistant which simply says it can still turn up, and to wait till Wednesday. Yes like all the other deliveries I waited on and got sod all.

Soldato
yeah, standard procedure to wait "for it to turn up". Its **** I know. But I have been fortunate with most deliveries up here (Aberdeen), Amazon, RM, DPD etc..

You said you "ran downstairs" can you not get it straight to your door?? is it like a collection post box you have in your building?

Soldato
yeah, standard procedure to wait "for it to turn up". Its **** I know. But I have been fortunate with most deliveries up here (Aberdeen), Amazon, RM, DPD etc..

You said you "ran downstairs" can you not get it straight to your door?? is it like a collection post box you have in your building?
Its a lobby area downstairs where parcels are normally dropped off however Amazon deliveries, from past experience are normally brought straight to your door. Sometimes they take a photo as proof. Whilst I do have a post box, which I did check the parcel was a medium sized thing.

I am absolutely baffled as to how it can vanish so fast unless it wasn't delivered. I just returned from visiting the lobby again but there are just new items for other folks. My order status just says the generic "Parcel was handed to a receptionist" - We don't have a flamin receptionist! :cry:

Soldato
Its a lobby area downstairs where parcels are normally dropped off however Amazon deliveries, from past experience are normally brought straight to your door. Sometimes they take a photo as proof. Whilst I do have a post box, which I did check the parcel was a medium sized thing.

I am absolutely baffled as to how it can vanish so fast unless it wasn't delivered. I just returned from visiting the lobby again but there are just new items for other folks.

hmm, that's a strange one tbh, is there someone that its dropped off at?? surely if you checked asap that it could not be stolen?

Soldato
I think I do a subtle different thing in that I subscribe to lots of things (32 subs) but set the recurrence to 6 months or so. When I get my notification to configure my S&S shipment I then bring things forward/skip them as necessary. At this point I remind myself what I paid previously, as some stuff rockets up in price - 0% beer being the best example where I almost paid £40/24 cans instead of £15.

Amazon Subscribe and save seems broken - just on the phone with them

Had purchased two items on a 4 month 15% reduction subscribe and save deal on 14June
have not received any notification of upcoming option to buy them again on 14 Oct,
rang them to make sure they were not gong to be shipped automatically (price has gone up massively so would cancel), but they had not recorded they had been purchased under S&S ?

Items had never been shown in the explicit subscribe and save menu, but original order clearly shows 4month auto delivery
---------------

on other Paypal news

Our Return Shipping on Us service is coming to an end. Starting 27 November 2022, PayPal will no longer accept refund requests for return shipping costs.

Last edited:
Soldato
Amazon Subscribe and save seems broken - just on the phone with them

Had purchased two items on a 4 month 15% reduction subscribe and save deal on 14June
have not received any notification of upcoming option to buy them again on 14 Oct,
rang them to make sure they were not gong to be shipped automatically (price has gone up massively so would cancel), but they had not recorded they had been purchased under S&S ?

Items had never been shown in the explicit subscribe and save menu, but original order clearly shows 4month auto delivery
Had this before - just a few items were they stopped offering S+S or stopped it, and then restarted - and it didn't recreate.

Back
Top Bottom