• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

I would have liked to be a fly in the OCUK HQ office when you found out you were getting 200ish cards (or whatever similar number it is). What did you guys do, just heads in hands in disbelief? What did the partners say, did they even try to apologise or sympathise, or did they just turn the other cheek? What does your AMD rep say? Has he even called up to get feedback, is he even bothered?

After everything that has happened with Nvidia's launch, AMD had chance to not make the same mistakes and they do the exact same thing! And that is despite them putting out tweets etc that things would be different.

I know demand is up but jeez the supply is pathetic.

I think their first thought was how much the mark up will be.

No mate you have 18 post and 0 entitlement to anything.

I'm pretty sure you're the only one that measures entitlement by the amount of obnoxious **** you've posted over the years.

Imagine a mobile phone launch where everyone queued up outside the store and some guy comes out and says "Right, no-one in the queue is getting a phone, this time we're basing it on how many text messages you've sent on the last one." Errrm.

At the end of the day if people have placed their orders and handed over money in good faith, but there wasn't enough stock, I think it would be a reasonable thing to do to register them as having some sort of head start next time round.

What benefits will you get though? Item sold at rrp rather than added OcUK tax. :D

No doubt plenty will sign up for that but no thanks.

Gold Club = early access to new Products

I don’t currently see how OcUK tax could be avoided, given the supply situation and surprise they don’t consider concealed bids ;)

AMD had the chance to really hit Nvidia here and have loads of cards on sale. But sadly they produced a crap show exactly the same

I think AMD have basically shot their bolt stock wise until early 2021, I think AMD want to feed stock in over the next few weeks/months to basically fill the need that NVIDIA can’t supply.

I’m interested in the trombone, unfortunately as supply seems limited I’m worried that the price will be jacked up ;) I’m going to have to console myself with my £1 box of Jaffa Cakes from Nisa instead, luckily the RRP is on the outside of the box so I haven’t been rogered ;)
Ive just been out in the back yard, the Trombone is totaly done in but strangely the pants have dissapeared, i found some damp bog roll in the outside lav, im feeling a little bit better, ive reduced from very bad tempered to just angry now

I'm pretty sure you're the only one that measures entitlement by the amount of obnoxious **** you've posted over the years.

Imagine a mobile phone launch where everyone queued up outside the store and some guy comes out and says "Right, no-one in the queue is getting a phone, this time we're basing it on how many text messages you've sent on the last one." Errrm.

At the end of the day if people have placed their orders and handed over money in good faith, but there wasn't enough stock, I think it would be a reasonable thing to do to register them as having some sort of head start next time round.

All perfectly reasonable. IF THE PRODUCT WAS GOING TO BE AVAILABLE AGAIN.

Thanks I’m currently busting out a lovely melody on my worlds smallest violin. Sit down and join in on a little bit of sing song with me.

Gold Club = early access to new Products

I don’t currently see how OcUK tax could be avoided, given the supply situation and surprise they don’t consider concealed bids ;)
The Mark ups are a choice and that’s to make hay while the sun shines. Unless they are paying an increased cost for the products then increased prices is just greed.

@Gibbo

Would love to try my luck in snagging one of them spare RX 6800 XT tomorrow but until the refund has been processed I don't have enough money to attempt it :( hopefully the money will be back in the account to have a go at the pre orders next wednesday and I get lucky this time. sad times, still rocking my GTX 970 though.

@Gibbo

Would love to try my luck in snagging one of them spare RX 6800 XT tomorrow but until the refund has been processed I don't have enough money to attempt it :( hopefully the money will be back in the account to have a go at the pre orders next wednesday and I get lucky this time. sad times, still rocking my GTX 970 though.

They're non - XT cards apparently.

Really glad I decided to go for the 3070 now. This launch was even worse than the very bad NVIDIA 3xxx series.

Priority ordering for those with long term forum membership :D :p
Careful - there are many pre-nuke members still around. So join the back of the queue :D

The real shame is the lack of stock everywhere, I wonder if they will be in stock after Christmas? I suspect we won't see cards in stock from AMD or Nvidia until we are well into 2021 :(

It's been mentioned a few places but the fact that Nvidia, as the biggest GPU company has screwed their launch, means there's a knock on effect on AMD.

Now all the thirsty buyers that Nvidia failed to supply are now bunched up with AMD buyers and they're all after upgrades.

So even if AMD did make enough for the usual AMD customers it's impossible to have enough to also supply Nvidia customers too.

Probably have to wait til next year to see what AMDs AIB numbers look like since they clearly only had token levels of reference cards.

@Gibbo

Only Non XT cards.

@Gibbo

There aren’t any XTs only 6800s

@Gibbo

This is what I am afraid of if I try to get a 6800 tomorrow and fail, Then I will be risking not being able to try and get an AIB card next week.

Back
Top Bottom