• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD FRIDAY: SO WHO WANTS A FREE BURGER & SOME EPIC AMD DEALS??? ***

Is the MSI HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Boost Edition actually any good? Heard a few bad things about it....

I bought one back in Feb. It was the original one with the faulty diode issue. Got it replaced with the new revision and I love it. The first batch was bad, but once you get a good one (which should be guarenteed now) then I'd say go for it. Very quiet and very cool imo. Got mine running at 1150hz for the core and 1500hz on the memory on the stock voltage and have not seen it get any hotter than 64 degrees, even in Crysis 3 on very high settings!

Hope this helps!

Just placed the pre-order on a 6450 with building another PC for work in mind using left over Core2 parts. So how do we confirm if getting the games or not?

Edit: Ah nvm, just check my order history and it's already listed the games there :D

By the way, anyone know if the 6450 is faster than the Intel HD2500 for gaming?

Last edited:
Edit: Ah nvm, just check my order history and it's already listed the games there :D

Do you see all games listed?

I only see this on my order:

MSI HD 7950 OC BE 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card (R7950-3GD5/OC BE G) £146.66 1 £146.66
AMD Reloaded - Tomb Raider - AMD Promotions ONLY £0.00 1 £0.00
AMD Never Settle Bundle - FARCRY3 PC Game FREE with qualifying AMD HD 7770 Graphics Cards - Voucher £0.00 1 £0.00

Wanna make sure I get Crysis 3!

Just placed the pre-order on a 6450 with building another PC for work in mind using left over Core2 parts. So how do we confirm if getting the games or not?

Live a little, grab yourself a 7950/70/90. You've earned it Marine. Time to upgrade that 5850. ;)

Live a little, grab yourself a 7950/70/90. You've earned it Marine. Time to upgrade that 5850. ;)
You have no idea how much I am tempted to get the 7950 right now, but I still managed (just) to fight of the temptation and hold out for AMD's next gen XD

Another thing that helped puts me off is that 7950 is THAT particular model, which is know to have more trouble than it is worth the gamble lol. If it was a Gigabyte WF X2/X3, I might have fallen to temptation and jumped onto it XD

you'll be waiting forever:eek:
Well, I'm not really playing anything demanding these days (I just started to play Killing Floor again after haven't played it for nearly two years- which barely sweating even my 5850 lol).

I'm waiting for Phastasy Star Online 2 (and I'll probably wait for that forever as well since it is delay after delay for the Western version lol). Hopefully before the end of the year, both this game and the next gen AMD cards will be out.

I've just picked up a second 680 :|

Would a 7990 been the better option?
Depends on how you look at it. The 7990 would have more vram, and higher memory bus would mean you get much more memory bandwidth increase on overclocking the memory clock than the 256-bit memory bus. But then again in terms of SLI vs Crossfire, SLI support is still better (I think).

Also the core clock on the 7990 won't hit as high as 7950/7970.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom