• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
@CAT-THE-FIFTH
My post wasn't singling you out, it was aimed at the mass.
Just want to clear that up

This will never change sadly AMD will also battle with misleading information.

This goes even further than drivers also, amd are even known for being hot and loud for example
Funny thing is was it not Nvidia that had that crown with Fermi and before that with the 7000 series. I had a 7900 GT card which is the loudest card I have ever had. Trouble with AMD is they do not quickly address the issue and then it becomes permanently what they are known for.

Caporegime
Funny thing is was it not Nvidia that had that crown with Fermi and before that with the 7000 series. I had a 7900 GT card which is the loudest card I have ever had. Trouble with AMD is they do not quickly address the issue and then it becomes permanently what they are known for.

That is the main issue, any problems linger, sometimes for years. Then the next gen comes out with the same problem.

Soldato
Now we have a leak of a mystery 7NM Nvidia GPU with over 7000 cores - it seems what I just said yesterday is coming true. RTG just keep delaying and instead of the current Nvidia range,they will be competing with the next one.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Now we have a leak of a mystery 7NM Nvidia GPU with over 7000 cores - it seems what I just said yesterday is coming true. RTG just keep delaying and instead of the current Nvidia range,they will be competing with the next one.

what most of us have been saying for a while now. this time around though rather than being some 18 months behind the xx70 they should be dropping around the same time, so they are catching up in that regard, hopefully in another 18 months to 2 years amd will have parity with the xx80's yes having a ti killer!!!! would be nice for marketing but if they could drop a xx80 beating card at a reasonable price that would be enough for most of the market, but again thats the rub, the reasonable price and where amd thinks that should be compared to nvidias comedy pricing of late.

Soldato
That is the main issue, any problems linger, sometimes for years. Then the next gen comes out with the same problem.

Let's not act like RTX release was smooth release. Guess what it's forgotten about why because users/community let them get away with it.

Nvidia can do no wrong,
driver issue =game
Hardware issues forget about in a months time like it never happened.

Amd has an issue with a new release let's dig up the past and make the issue bigger than it really is.

People in here posting like navi is just broken lol "some users" experience issues

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Let's not act like RTX release was smooth release. Guess what it's forgotten about why because users/community let them get away with it.

Nvidia can do no wrong,
driver issue =game
Hardware issues forget about in a months time like it never happened.

Amd has an issue with a new release let's dig up the past and make the issue bigger than it really is.

People in here posting like navi is just broken lol "some users" experience issues
RTX release was ****. Handful of games in around 2 years, most of them with **** implementation. Some took ages to get fixed. That’s why I gave it a miss and am looking forward to the RTX 3070.

Soldato
RTX release was ****. Handful of games in around 2 years, most of them with **** implementation. Some took ages to get fixed. That’s why I gave it a miss and am looking forward to the RTX 3070.

Not only that space invaders, some GPUs was failing. It was big enough that even nvidia released a statement for returning the GPUs

Things like this get easy forgotten. I could go on but I really don't want to derail this thread.

Soldato
Yep. Nvidia killer. Lol.
what most of us have been saying for a while now. this time around though rather than being some 18 months behind the xx70 they should be dropping around the same time, so they are catching up in that regard, hopefully in another 18 months to 2 years amd will have parity with the xx80's yes having a ti killer!!!! would be nice for marketing but if they could drop a xx80 beating card at a reasonable price that would be enough for most of the market, but again thats the rub, the reasonable price and where amd thinks that should be compared to nvidias comedy pricing of late.

That is the problem,AMD will want to match Nvidia pricing too!!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
That is the problem,AMD will want to match Nvidia pricing too!!
Yep. It's what they do these days. Come in super late and then match 2 year old performance and price it the same. No improvement on price for performance. That is why I am no longer the fan I used to be of AMD GPU's. Love what they have done with the CPU's though :)

Soldato
They tried that when they announced the 5700 series at E3, soon backed down though.... :p
Yep. It's what they do these days. Come in super late and then match 2 year old performance and price it the same. No improvement on price for performance. That is why I am no longer the fan I used to be of AMD GPU's. Love what they have done with the CPU's though :)

Then they realise its not selling and have to drop the price anyway.

Caporegime
OP
You know what's funny, Nvidia just released a driver today to fix a game crash that has been happening for a few months for some nvidia users! They is also a bunch of other fixes!

You don't here people going around slating nvidia drivers LOL What's even funnier is Apex devs were getting the blame you know because Nvidia can do no wrong THEY amazing!!

[Apex Legends]: The game may crash with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887A0006. [2679551]

Here are all the issues addressed by this driver release:

• [Apex Legends]: The game may crash with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887A0006. [2679551]
  • [Mortal Kombat]: The game may randomly crash to the desktop without error [2813996]
  • [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Vulkan][HDR]:Corrupted flickering occurs when in-game HDR is enabled. [200585136]
  • [Battleye][Low-Latency Mode]: Launching Battleye with NVIDIA Low Latency Mode set to Ultra may cause DWM to reset. [2834199]
  • [Twitch Studio]: The app shows corruption when Image Sharpening is enabled globally from the NVIDIA Control Panel [2811830]
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed crashes when playing in a water level. [2826669]
  • [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Vulkan]: Game may flicker when in-game HDR is enabled. [200585136]
  • [Red Dead Redemption 2][Vulkan]: Random crashes occur during gameplay on Pascal and older GPUs.[2822927]
As always, there are a few known issues as well:

Windows 10 Issues

• [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Ansel/Freestyle]: The Ansel & Freestyle tabs are unselectable. [2810884]
  • [Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege][Vulkan][G-SYNC]: When playing the game in Vulkan mode with G-SYNC enabled, flickering occurs after switching the game between full-screen and windowed mode.[200578641]
    • Note: To work around, either disable G-SYNC or play using an API other than Vulkan.
Windows 7 Issues

• [World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth][DirectX 12]: The game crashes when switched from DirectX 11 to DirectX 12 mode. [200574934]

Guess all them Youtube channels will be happy enough with the traffic they gained on them videos!

I am by no means defending AMD here just to point out they is know issues with Navi !

But like Nvidia isn't perfect either! The issue I have is just how fast users jump onto AMD once they release a bad drive they all of a sudden they worst drivers ever LOL Like really they have gained grounds massive over the past 4 years, driver release after release for day 0 releases for well over a year!
This is what happens when you pushing for big changes you run into bugs! part and parcel of software coding and it will always happen when making big changes!

/little rant :D
I still see you are peddling the same boring rhetoric by showing NVidia issues when you have an AMD GPU.... Does it make you feel better? Good job AMD drivers are issue free then I say...

Soldato
I still see you are peddling the same boring rhetoric by showing NVidia issues when you have an AMD GPU.... Does it make you feel better? Good job AMD drivers are issue free then I say...

Good on you Greg for digging that one post out and fitting it for your own agender. Miss the other post out that I clearly state AMD have issues with 2020 release! I dont but it doesn't mean others dont! Its Navi that is most affected and its again "SOME" users

Does it make me feel better? What pish you spitting out now! the feeling doesn't come in to play I out here stating facts!

Nvidia can do no wrong!! It all ways gets pushed aside or pushed onto something else that games fault in Apex legends case.

Soldato
AMD ran great for me for over 10 years with only small issues that were fixed or workarounds fixed for me, then Navi and the 2020 drivers i ended up on were just too big of an issue for me to deal with so i switched to Nvidia.

Right now i have zero issues so far with my 1660 Super but if i were on Nvidia over the years i would have seen some crazy issues with them too.

It was time to switch for a bit.

They both have their problems from time to time.

Swings and Roundabouts.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Come on children, play nice.
Impossible. One loves Nvidia and the other loves AMD :p

AMD ran great for me for over 10 years with only small issues that were fixed or workarounds fixed for me, then Navi and the 2020 drivers i ended up on were just too big of an issue for me to deal with so i switched to Nvidia.

Right now i have zero issues so far with my 1660 Super but if i were on Nvidia over the years i would have seen some crazy issues with them too.

It was time to switch for a bit.

They both have their problems from time to time.

Swings and Roundabouts.

The AMD boys will have you believe that it is all your fault though, even though you some how managed to be fine with AMD cards for 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom