• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Uniform Memory Access (uMA), Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA)

Unifying the paralleled processing power of the GPU with the serial processing power of the CPU.

zcVht6n.png
z2bBZzK.png
qi1yKiH.png
tPM1Qli.png

This looks good to me.
Should I be worried about that?

Lisa said something to the effect "wait to see what ryzen and navi2 can do together".

I may be too old for this dashing thread.

Edit: Punctuation

Associate
I'm sure you know better than the entirety of AMD's engineering, marketing and sales departments. If only they could act on this amazing wisdom you have for them?!

With regards to servers, not all companies go out and buy new server hardware every year so growing the share will naturally take time. Also if other businesses are anything like the one i work for it takes a while to convince the key people that they should move away from Intel when they've been on Intel forever. No IT department wants to be responsible for breaking apps and things by moving them to new processors/hardware unless they are sure it will be seamless. Of course cost comes into it and cheaper is always a good bargaining chip but architecture moves are rarely straight forward.

@Vince were in the same boat as above.

Our onsite Server base is entirely VMWare, we just looked at AMD as we are about to replace aload of Hosts but the one thing stopping us, and it is a game stopper for us, is you cannot mix Intel and AND hosts and do live failovers or migration between the two, they have to be done offline.

My boss just will not take the risk, plus Dell are just not interested in selling AMD severs to anyone.

Im hoping we look at other options soon, ie HP or Lenovo for client and server, and i will continuously raise the issue if us being rinsed on cost and performance by keep using Intel.

Anyhow where are the new Navi leaks?? Moaaaar!

Associate
daily_gifdump_3445_02.gif

Amd vs. Nvidia?

Associate
so nvidia wins the RTX.

Well considering this is Nvidias 2nd round of Ray Tracing Hardware i dont think AMD have done too bad for their first attempt to be brutally honest.

Anyone expecting AMD to beat Nvidia at their first attempt needs themselves a reality check.

Anyone also picking Nvidia over AMD purely on Ray Tracing also needs a reality check

Soldato
Well considering this is Nvidias 2nd round of Ray Tracing Hardware i dont think AMD have done too bad for their first attempt to be brutally honest.

Anyone expecting AMD to beat Nvidia at their first attempt needs themselves a reality check.

Anyone also picking Nvidia over AMD purely on Ray Tracing also needs a reality check

exactly, facts are facts but I don't think it's a bad thing - Nvidia is using some real round about way of achieving its RT performance and AMD using a much simpler method is able to match the 2080ti on its first attempt - they've done very well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom