• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RDNA3 unveiling event

If it's not a pricecut on the 7900 series I don't even care :cry:

Though I suspect this will be a CPU launch for the non X 7000 series
I was hoping to see some info on the new Vcache CPUs, no interest in their Gpus at current pricing especially with the cooling issues that seem to be gathering pace.

Coming in at £799 and performing on par with 6900xt :D
$750 if AMD keeps true to form.

I think it would do well to hit 6900XT performance though considering an 84CU card is only 16% faster so if the 7800XT does turn out to have just 60CUs it'll probably only be 0-5% faster than a 6800XT unless they hit 3.5ghz.

Last edited:
AMD-RADEON-7000-MOBILE-7-768x432.jpg

As stated by Angstronomics, Navi33 appears to be a 6nm die (mostly) for laptop GPUs. Just 32 CUs max.

It's marketed at 1080p gaming.

Not launching until February, so I think further releases in the RDNA3 (desktop) series wont be until March/April (For RDNA2, the 6700 XT didn't launch until March 2021).

Last edited:
An RX 7800 XT at £600 would blow everything else out of the water. Probably more likely to be priced at £700 or more though.

Last edited:
The round of 4070ti reviews surprised me with how good RT was on the 7900 cards in some titles - which I didn't notice in the original reviews - is this getting better with drivers or is it just the 4070ti is beginning fall off a cliff with performance?

I think there might be two reasons for that:

1. Strong rasterization performance of the 7900 cards helps. A lot of talk is about RT but you're still predominately using rasterization to render. So is a way, this can "offset" the weaker RT performance
2. Unreal Engine 5. Nanite and Lumen appear to be extremely well optimised for both Nvidia and AMD GPU's. Techspot noted the 7900XT actually outperforming the 3090Ti and 4070Ti by a slight margin in Fortnite. So as more games are released running Unreal Engine 5, it'll bring about change to AMD's "poor" RT performance.

I think there might be two reasons for that:

1. Strong rasterization performance of the 7900 cards helps. A lot of talk is about RT but you're still predominately using rasterization to render. So is a way, this can "offset" the weaker RT performance
2. Unreal Engine 5. Nanite and Lumen appear to be extremely well optimised for both Nvidia and AMD GPU's. Techspot noted the 7900XT actually outperforming the 3090Ti and 4070Ti by a slight margin in Fortnite. So as more games are released running Unreal Engine 5, it'll bring about change to AMD's "poor" RT performance.

Ue 5 lumen RT is good but when you start using/enabling the hardware RT mode and enabling features which can only be used with hardware RT mode such as hit lighting then Nvidia pulls ahead.

AMD-RADEON-7000-MOBILE-7-768x432.jpg

As stated by Angstronomics, Navi33 appears to be a 6nm die (mostly) for laptop GPUs. Just 32 CUs max.

It's marketed at 1080p gaming.

Not launching until February, so I think further releases in the RDNA3 (desktop) series wont be until March/April (For RDNA2, the 6700 XT didn't launch until March 2021).
could be a great card if they use that small-die, narrow bus, and 8GB to keep the price competitive.
and by competitive , i mean £250 for the 32CU variant - 7600XT.

this should not be marketed as a £400 'midrange' GPU like the 6700XT/Navi22 was.

Ue 5 lumen RT is good but when you start using/enabling the hardware RT mode and enabling features which can only be used with hardware RT mode such as hit lighting then Nvidia pulls ahead.

I'm sure Lumen RT for the vast majority of people will provide a very noticeable uplift in graphical fidelity.

What you're referring to is modes for folks who spunked £1000+ on a GPU to justify their purchase :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom