• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 5 3500X / 3900 (non-x) ???

Associate
OP
No custom charges yay!
Came in an small box, no heatsink.

20191216_125022.jpg

Associate
OP
I have one these heatsinks I've never used hanging around: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/be-quiet-dark-rock-4-cpu-cooler-hs-01d-bq.html
It's only an 65w CPU so this will handle it no problem.

If I hadn't of already had one to use I probably would I gone with a Coolermaster 212 Evo or an Snowman. (something cheap and cheerful is all you need).

And for the RAM... I ordered some more b-die because I know it works well with Ryzen and it OCs like an champ.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...3200mhz-dual-channel-kit-black-my-08l-tg.html

Associate
OP
I ordered one a few days ago before i saw this thread, total came to just under £86 including delivery

Well that's an awesome price find, pretty much half the price of an 3600.
Personally I think AMD should re-consider selling these CPUs outside of Asia/China.
If this has proved anything it's if we want something, we are still going to find a way to get it (it's an small world after all).

Associate
Ordered one on 9/12 after seeing it mentioned on Toms in October.
£91 with free delivery. Arrived 18/12 - No charges - value $18 LoL
A good replacement for a R5 1400.
There are multiple AliExpress stores selling them - mine was from SZCPU store.
4.1 all core out the box with 1.31v - 63C after a few loops of CB15.
It may well do 4.2/4.3 on Air, but I'm not after gaining a few Mhz for too much extra heat.
Scores 1095 MC CB 15
515 SC 3000 MC on CPU-Z Bench.

Best bargain new CPU I've seen in 20 years computing.

Back
Top Bottom