• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D retail processor has been tested ahead of launch

You do know am4 is like 6 years old so there will be a lot of people with it and just can drop this chip in ? And have like the highest gaming performance ?

Don't know how you can compare it to z690 the support has been totally different

Think you need to do some research how much generation of chips the am4 has gone through and do the same with z690

Can imagine people with am4 with Ryzen 2000/3000 this would give really good gaming boost drop in upgrade
And lots of people that had it, but sold it, cause amd announced its a dead end. I had a b350 (an expensive one at that), forced to sell it in order to upgrade cause it didnt support zen 3. The same with x470, amd announced there wont be any support there either. Had to put their feet to the fire to give us support. Now i have a b550 aorus master on my second pc. So much for upgradabilty

And lots of people that had it, but sold it, cause amd announced its a dead end. I had a b350 (an expensive one at that), forced to sell it in order to upgrade cause it didnt support zen 3. The same with x470, amd announced there wont be any support there either. Had to put their feet to the fire to give us support. Now i have a b550 aorus master on my second pc. So much for upgradabilty

I have a B350M that I can now drop in a 5800X3D into.

Seems like you upgrade every cycle though so buying a good Intel board then just doing a CPU upgrade is a good option for you. For many people they only want to upgrade their platform every 5 years and it is rare that you can do what I and others with 300 series motherboards can do.

AMD will officially add support for newer Zen 3-based Ryzen processors to old 2017-era motherboards that use its X370, B350, and A320-series chipsets

all B450 and X470 motherboards support the new Zen 3 architecture Ryzen 5000 series of CPUs

:confused:

You would pretty much needing to change boards with every new intel CPU release in that time

Have to give credit to AMD the support for am4 has been impressive hoping the same for AM5

I’m not sure that you understand your own point.

AMD will officially add support for newer Zen 3-based Ryzen processors to old 2017-era motherboards that use its X370, B350, and A320-series chipsets

all B450 and X470 motherboards support the new Zen 3 architecture Ryzen 5000 series of CPUs

:confused:

You would pretty much needing to change boards with every new intel CPU release in that time

Have to give credit to AMD the support for am4 has been impressive hoping the same for AM5
It would be impressive if we knew beforehand. Its not really impressive when i have already sold my mobo from 2017 and they just announced that's it is getting support. The same goes for x470. You remember they said no support originally, right?

Can you blame a user for selling their x370 or x470 when amd officially said no support? No, you can't. We got shafted.

It would be impressive if we knew beforehand. Its not really impressive when i have already sold my mobo from 2017 and they just announced that's it is getting support. The same goes for x470. You remember they said no support originally, right?

Can you blame a user for selling their x370 or x470 when amd officially said no support? No, you can't. We got shafted.

But compared to intel socket support isn't it impressive or not ?

I bought a 3600 during the pandemic because it was the only option I had, that realistically had an upgrade path. I'll *probably* upgrade to the 5800x3D.

No complaints here. When I was forced to build a new machine, Intel gen 10 weren't going to be upgradable. Gen 11 weren't out, and were another new board besides.

AMD let me have an emergency machine that options. And this looks like another option.

Ah. So you’re bitter towards AMD because you made the mistake of panic-selling perfectly good hardware.

Christ I hope you didn’t panic-sell a RTX 2080 just before the 3080 was released too. We’d have a new superhero villain to deal with.

Ah. So you’re bitter towards AMD because you made the mistake of panic-selling perfectly good hardware.

Christ I hope you didn’t panic-sell a RTX 2080 just before the 3080 was released too. We’d have a new superhero villain to deal with.
Panic selling is describing something that you do based on rumours. This was official from the horses mouth. They just backpedalled. It's been like more than 2 years and the x370 still hadn't gotten support so... Its anything but panic selling.

But compared to intel socket support isn't it impressive or not ?
Is it? I dont know man. Realistically if you bought an x370 your only upgrade for the last 5 years is zen 2. Your upgrade from coffeelake is also cofferlake refresh. For x470 sure you can put a zen 3 in there but that's after the pitchforks.

So yeah technically its better, but I prefer intels way, I know beforehand what they will and they wont support.

Is it? I dont know man. Realistically if you bought an x370 your only upgrade for the last 5 years is zen 2. Your upgrade from coffeelake is also cofferlake refresh. For x470 sure you can put a zen 3 in there but that's after the pitchforks.

So yeah technically its better, but I prefer intels way, I know beforehand what they will and they wont support.

I don't tend to upgrade every year , buying new board and CPU every year hell no so you rather do that :rolleyes: competition is good might even get intel to support sockets better only will benefit consumers

For this reason I prefer AMD

I usually stick for around 2-3 years does depend on performance increase pretty sure most would prefer just to drop in CPU ;)

No they didnt, stop making things up

“Zen 3” Architecture for 400 Series Motherboards Update : Amd (reddit.com)

2 reddit posts , one with a released bios for support in May 2020 and the official AMD reddit in October, nothing changed in the meantime. Why so salty , bro?

Edit

MSI confirms its AMD 400-series motherboards support Zen 3 - Mainboard - News - HEXUS.net
Msi is not amd. Your own link proves you wrong. Did you bother to read it? The part that says amd yielded to public pressure and changed their minds? So thnx for confirming what i said... There would be no x470 support, amd said so, but there was a huge outcry afterwards.

Well an anagram of AMD is MAD :cry:

Msi is not amd. Your own link proves you wrong. Did you bother to read it? The part that says amd yielded to public pressure and changed their minds? So thnx for confirming what i said... There would be no x470 support, amd said so, but there was a huge outcry afterwards.

And they listened ? Don't see the competition offering similar support ?

Did you even READ them? Msi had bios for the still not launched Zen3 , 5 MONTHS before. Thanks for confirming you dont understand and live in your echo chamber. Your beloved Intel had to add XMP support for ram for B series motherboards after launch.

Did you even READ them? Msi had bios for the still not launched Zen3 , 5 MONTHS before. Thanks for confirming you dont understand and live in your echo chamber. Your beloved Intel had to add XMP support for ram for B series motherboards after launch.
It doesnt matter, msi is not amd. Amd announced there wont be supoort and then they backpedalled. I don't understand why you don't want to admit facts.

Amds socket support policy depends on the amount of outcry on the internet. Very ethical, lol

Back
Top Bottom