• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D retail processor has been tested ahead of launch

Soldato
And they listened ? Don't see the competition offering similar support ?
Surr but Harlequin tries to pretend that never happened. It did. And the only reason they will offer support for zen 3 is because alderlake beats them across the board, whoevers was left with an x370 was going to go for alderlake this time around.

Im sorry but announcing youll offer support for a cpu that is going to be like what, 2.5 years old isnt impressive, is it? I know lots of people that already upgraded (including me) for zen 3. Its been freaking 2 years already...

Soldato
Surr but Harlequin tries to pretend that never happened. It did. And the only reason they will offer support for zen 3 is because alderlake beats them across the board, whoevers was left with an x370 was going to go for alderlake this time around.

Im sorry but announcing youll offer support for a cpu that is going to be like what, 2.5 years old isnt impressive, is it? I know lots of people that already upgraded (including me) for zen 3. Its been freaking 2 years already...

shouldnt Alderlake be going up against Zen4 ? you forgot Rocket Lake ??

Soldato
shouldnt Alderlake be going up against Zen4 ? you forgot Rocket Lake ??
Alderlake goes up against whatever is on the market. The same applies to any cpu at any point in time. If zen 3 is at a disadvantage because its "old" then it's price should reflect that. Sadly it didnt and thats why all reviews recommended alderlake across the board (ok not the ks, that ones a joke)

Soldato
Alderlake goes up against whatever is on the market. The same applies to any cpu at any point in time. If zen 3 is at a disadvantage because its "old" then it's price should reflect that. Sadly it didnt and thats why all reviews recommended alderlake across the board (ok not the ks, that ones a joke)

its not as clear as that is it , if building complete new system yeah Alder Lake is what you should go for , but people currently on AM4 with older chips can just drop in CPU will work out cheaper or people already on AMD 5000 series not worth upgrading from

Looking forwared what zen4 brings and going by past socket support my preference would be AMD of course also depends on the performance of Zen4

Soldato
Bencher seems to utterly ignore the small fact that Zen3 launched in October 2020, and motherboards supported them on launch. Anything that happened 5 MONTHS before is completely irrelevant. Unlike Intel and XMP, oh and entire rocket lake lineup....

Soldato
Bencher seems to utterly ignore the small fact that Zen3 launched in October 2020, and motherboards supported them on launch. Anything that happened 5 MONTHS before is completely irrelevant. Unlike Intel and XMP, oh and entire rocket lake lineup....
And thats not true either. I dont know about msi but everyone else did not support zen 3 on launch. Just a random example, the x470 aorus ultra supported them with the f60 bios released on the 5th of March 2021. The msi gaming ultra only has a beta bios that supports zen 3,and that was also released in 2021. So yeah, keep up the misinformation...

G J

G J

Associate
I cant find the original megathread as it may of been removed due to the outrage but heres a thread asking why AMD fans deem it ok to screw AMD users over.

After getting detroyed and the potential legal issues this official AMD account announce that they will support x450/x470 after all after saying they would not. They also say that support for new processors may take time.

So not only did all the pricing go up with Zen 3 which was near the cost of a new motherboard on its own but keep flexing about cross gen motherboard support. I remember some people selling their x450/x470 boards to buy expensive af x570 boards (x550 was nowhere to be seen) as support was somtimes slow or flaky.

I was ready to buy but after thinking about it didnt want the hassle with expensive cpus and motherboards and stuck with my 8700k.

Back on topic as I'm intrested to see how the 5800x3d plays out as I mainly game I'll take a processor with less cores with more cache in the future if it makes it more gaming focused.

Last edited:
Soldato
I cant find the original megathread as it may of been removed due to the outrage but heres a thread asking why AMD fans deem it ok to screw AMD users over.

After getting detroyed and the potential legal issues this official AMD account announce that they will support x450/x470 after all after saying they would not. They also say that support for new processors may take time.

So not only did all the pricing go up with Zen 3 which was near the cost of a new motherboard on its own but keep flexing about cross gen motherboard support. I remember some people selling their x450/x470 boards to buy expensive af x570 boards (x550 was nowhere to be seen) as support was somtimes slow or flaky.

I was ready to buy but after thinking about it didnt want the hassle with expensive cpus and motherboards and stuck with my 8700k.

Back on topic as I'm intrested to see how the 5800x3d plays out as I mainly game I'll take a processor with less cores with more cache in the future if it makes it more gaming focused.
Tbf I doubt we'd have ever had 300 series board support on 5000 CPUs if it were not for the strong showing of ADL as AMD tried there hardest to block it even though manufacturers like asrock showed it was perfectly viable back when zen 3 released.

The 400 series backtrack was understandable though as like you said B550 was a year late so many people opted for B450 / X470 myself included as X570 was too expensive and offered no real benefits for a gaming system.

Associate
6800 XT. It's purely because I've got a damned upgrade itch I can't shift, and the idea that Ice be locked in with the best gaming performance this platform can offer. But logically I know the difference will be small.
tbf I’m going to get a new cpu and it’s basically going to be the one that will give me the best benchmarking score. I like to play on HWBOT and my current CPU’s (3900x & 1700) are holding me back. So either 5800x3d or 5950x.

Soldato
6800 XT. It's purely because I've got a damned upgrade itch I can't shift, and the idea that Ice be locked in with the best gaming performance this platform can offer. But logically I know the difference will be small.
Save the money for Zen 4 or a newer GPU, 5900X > 5800X3D is a sidegrade for any real world gaming scenario.

Soldato
I’m on a 4790k still. Probably going to wait until Zen4 and see what the options are.

You're in a good position to go either AMD or Intel, whatever is worth more your money.

Really this CPU makes more sense for those already on AM4 with a compatible motherboard, especially if you're still on Zen 1/+/2.

Back
Top Bottom