• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D retail processor has been tested ahead of launch

Soldato
We are pretending like the mobo will make any difference to the results, arent we? Aokay...

Fact of the matter is, the 3d with the current price is a joke. Costs 50% more than the 12700f and gets crucified in everything bar 720p gaming, and that is by single percentage gains. Even if you have an am4 already its a bad deal, let alone if you have to buy a motherboard

your pretending that £500 difference in motherboard cost is not important... ok then!

And yes, overclocking and even running ram at xmp - intel isnt allowing on the lowwer s-pec boards :

Intel warns users to NOT overclock their non-K Alder Lake CPUs, cites "Damaging" (wccftech.com)

Caporegime
We are pretending like the mobo will make any difference to the results, arent we? Aokay...

Fact of the matter is, the 3d with the current price is a joke. Costs 50% more than the 12700f and gets crucified in everything bar 720p gaming, and that is by single percentage gains. Even if you have an am4 already its a bad deal, let alone if you have to buy a motherboard

the 3d with the current price is a joke. Costs 50% more than the 12700f

50%?

The 12700KF? is £375, that makes the 5800X3D 9% more expensive assuming £410.

Even if you have an am4 already its a bad deal

By what measure did you arrive at that conclusion? If you have an AM4 motherboard what's a bad deal, the 5800X3D alone or a 12700KF + a Motherboard?

Soldato
your pretending that £500 difference in motherboard cost is not important... ok then!

And yes, overclocking and even running ram at xmp - intel isnt allowing on the lowwer s-pec boards :

Intel warns users to NOT overclock their non-K Alder Lake CPUs, cites "Damaging" (wccftech.com)
Yes, even a 10000 euro difference in motherboard makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.

Did you even read the article? Its talking about locked skus on locked motherboards that overclock via bclk. How is that relevant to... Anything?

Soldato
50%?

The 12700KF? is £375, that makes the 5800X3D 9% more expensive assuming £410.

By what measure did you arrive at that conclusion? If you have an AM4 motherboard what's a bad deal, the 5800X3D alone or a 12700KF + a Motherboard?
Im talking about the 12700f,not the kf. The f is the fair comparison since they are both locked and no igpu. Costs 310 right now in my country (within eu).

Soldato
H610, some B660 and Q670 do not allow even XMP profile. How is that not relevant to..... everything?

There are h610 mobos that cost more than some b660 and not support memory overclocking. Therefore the cost is IRRELEVANT. A 120 euro b660 performs similarly in gaming to a 1000 euros z690. That is a fact.

Soldato
A locked 65 watt CPU.

See what you're doing there is substituting a 65 watt locked CPU for a 125 watt unlocked CPU as if they are the same. They are not.
It takes literally 1 click to remove the power limit on a 150 euro mobo. Hwunboxed already tested the cpu on said 150 euro mobo..

Soldato
I think the market will decide. No-one on AM4 is going to sell up and go Intel, cheap (sell on existing CPU) upgrade with minimal hassle. My bet is 5800X3D will fly off the shelves.

Caporegime
Right, when looking at reviewers using Asus motherboards for Intel bare this in mind, they overclock the CPU by default. Especially when they have "5.5Ghz" written in the review, they shouldn't be holding that sustained, its plausible "well we made it clear in the review"

Soldato
Now you're using overclocking as an equivalence on a locked CPU ^^^^

You don't know? High end Asus motherboards lock the CPU in PL2 mode or even higher by default out of the box. yes that makes a significant difference to performance. Its why they do it.
Dude you serious? You can't be... That a feature on every single motherboard from the times of the z370. Asus calls it mce, other companies call it something else. Every single mobo has it, even my b560 had it.

With any b660 or z690 you can set the PL2 to 4095 watt. There will be absolutely no difference in performance

Caporegime
Dude you serious? You can't be... That a feature on every single motherboard from the times of the z370. Asus calls it mce, other companies call it something else. Every single mobo has it, even my b560 had it.

With ant b660 or z690 you can set the PL2 to 4095 watt. There will be absolutely no difference in performance

So in that other thread that members (i forgot his name) 12900K pulling 165 watts at 5.4Ghz in SOTTR maks no difference to a CPU that supposed to be pulling no more than 125 watts sustained, is that what you're trying to tell me?

Back
Top Bottom