• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D retail processor has been tested ahead of launch

Soldato
No, he's saying if you want the fastest gaming CPU you don't have to fork out for a 12900KS as the 5800X3D is just as good and if your already on AM4 it's an easy choice (whether to go with 5800X3D or full platform upgrade to Intel 129000KS).
If you want the fastest CPU you HAVE to fork out for the 12900ks. If you want to settle for "just as good" you can grab the 12700f for a fraction of the cost.

Soldato
Intel didnt push enough power need more clock speed :cry:
Nah, it did fine

Average.png

Soldato
You are talking about the 320€ 12700f? Yeap, too close to the 12900ks to practically make no difference :p

Ain't no Intel chips fitting in my X570 Aorus Master so it's all academic ;) This is great for the upgrading AM4 gamer, easy drop in boost. Good for a few GPU generations I reckon.

Soldato
Ain't no Intel chips fitting in my X570 Aorus Master so it's all academic ;) This is great for the upgrading AM4 gamer, easy drop in boost. Good for a few GPU generations I reckon.
You can buy a 12700f and a mobo for the price of the 5800x3d :p

But the numbers on MSFS are NUTS. Waiting for warzone, something is telling me its the first amd cpu to break the 200 fps minimum barier

https://ibb.co/GPFf0TH

Soldato
Whats the power difference to achieve that ? considering how much lower the clocks are its impressive , cache is the way to go for gaming nice, credit AMD for the invention now we will start this being used going forward :eek:
Depends on the game. In cyberpunk 2077 the 12900k was more efficient ;)

System consumption is kinda useless anyways for gaming, you gotta to see the CPU specifically.

Soldato
Depends on the game. In cyberpunk 2077 the 12900k was more efficient ;)

System consumption is kinda useless anyways for gaming, you gotta to see the CPU specifically.

wouldnt call System consumption useless when both pretty much using the same parts, have to pump it to 5.8ghz ?? :cry:

looking forward what Zen 4 brings, if this is anything to go by

Caporegime
1440p is irrelevant man. In 720p it loses according to the TPU review.

Two days ago you were questioning peoples integrity for criticizing 720p tests. Now here you are with your 1440p graphs. LOL
Was I? Honestly don’t remember. :cry:

The performance is largely the same when averaged out vs the KS across all the resolutions, at a fraction of the cost, energy usage, motherboard price, dram price and cooler required to achieve optimal performance.

I’ll be using 4K and 1440P so not irrelevant for me and I play a lot of FC6. With a highly clocked 6900 XTXH I can see CPU limitations at 1440P and also 4K with FSR.

It’s good to see the results of 720P/1080P though and it’s crazy to see the 5800X3D even with Intels fastest (KS) at those resolutions.

I also can’t wait to see Warzone performance.

Soldato
Was I? Honestly don’t remember. :cry:

The performance is largely the same when averaged out vs the KS across all the resolutions, at a fraction of the cost, energy usage, motherboard price, dram price and cooler required to achieve optimal performance.

I’ll be using 4K and 1440P so not irrelevant for me. It’s good to see the results of 720P/1080P though and it’s crazy to see the 5800X3D even with Intels fastest (KS) at those resolutions.

I also can’t wait to see Warzone performance.
No benchmark found it equal though. It loses on techspot, loses on techpowerup, loses on linus. Yes, by a fraction, but it's the same fraction that the 12700 loses to as well (actually linus found the 12700 > 12900). So point still stands, the 12700 is the one to beat in performance and value, and it's not even close to doing that.

Caporegime
So point still stands, the 12700 is the one to beat in performance and value, and it's not even close to doing that.

The problem is, it does in most real-world cases as I can imagine the majority of people looking to purchase the 5800x3D will already have everything in place and this is a drop-in upgrade for them. If they wanted to go the 12700 route it's at the very least a new motherboard as well.

Soldato
If you want the fastest CPU you HAVE to fork out for the 12900ks. If you want to settle for "just as good" you can grab the 12700f for a fraction of the cost.
Well.......if you want the fastest CPU your looking at Threadripper Zen3 Pro lol but lets keep to semi realistic levels of spending. A 12900KS is the fastest allrounder consumer CPU but if your gamer you would get the 5800X3D if your not going to be productivity. A 12700f is a good sensable buy that most people would and should consider but it's around 10% slower depending on what reviews you read then the 58003D.

Back
Top Bottom