• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D retail processor has been tested ahead of launch

Soldato
No benchmark found it equal though. It loses on techspot, loses on techpowerup, loses on linus. Yes, by a fraction, but it's the same fraction that the 12700 loses to as well (actually linus found the 12700 > 12900). So point still stands, the 12700 is the one to beat in performance and value, and it's not even close to doing that.

we have to see more spread of games will be interesting, can imagine all them people currently on Am4 with ryzen 3000 and below to get such nice boost in gaming by just dropping in CPU not everyone would wanna complete system change costs more must be plenty of them people . great to see how AMD pushing forward , pretty hyped now what zen4 can do

Suspended
With AM4 dropping soon i'm expecting gaming performance to be very good, the 5800X3D is a match for the 12900KS with £500 DDR5 RAM, i'm expecting Ryzen 7000 series to tear past that and leave it standing in its dust with its own DDR5.

Soldato
Well.......if you want the fastest CPU your looking at Threadripper Zen3 Pro lol but lets keep to semi realistic levels of spending. A 12900KS is the fastest allrounder consumer CPU but if your gamer you would get the 5800X3D if your not going to be productivity. A 12700f is a good sensable buy that most people would and should consider but it's around 10% slower depending on what reviews you read then the 58003D.
4% according to linus.

Soldato
With AM4 dropping soon i'm expecting gaming performance to be very good, the 5800X3D is a match for the 12900KS with £500 DDR5 RAM, i'm expecting Ryzen 7000 series to tear past that and leave it standing in its dust with its own DDR5.

raptor 6.5ghz and whatever power it takes :p

Associate
No benchmark found it equal though. It loses on techspot, loses on techpowerup, loses on linus. Yes, by a fraction, but it's the same fraction that the 12700 loses to as well (actually linus found the 12700 > 12900). So point still stands, the 12700 is the one to beat in performance and value, and it's not even close to doing that.

It won at PCGH and Toms Hardware. Computer Base had Intel win slightly.

It really depends on the game suite.

Need Voodoo to do his summary over at reddit to get a clearer picture and HUB to do their 30 game roundup.

Soldato
I think it's fair to say in a double blind test you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in gaming and both will be good for years to come. Right now that's all I need to know. A drop in upgrade will keep my system going for quite some time. If I was after a new build I'd hold out now for AM5 and the new Intel chips.

Suspended
I think it's fair to say in a double blind test you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in gaming and both will be good for years to come. Right now that's all I need to know. A drop in upgrade will keep my system going for quite some time. If I was after a new build I'd hold out now for AM5 and the new Intel chips.

But +4 Frames out of every 100 yo.

Permabanned
Intel knew how good 3d version would be so they released KS version, RPL 5.8 ghz is officialy panic mode, Intel won't have easy time, they will need to work at full operating mode to control damage.

Suspended
Thats my point all along. There is a 5% +- between the 12700 all the way up to the 12900ks. Unless you splash a cashload for fast ddr5 of course, in which case alderlakes fly.

You switch your arguments literally from one post to the next, depending on what suits it.

4% is equal to in reality, glad you now agree, all it took was 2 posts.

Caporegime
It won at PCGH and Toms Hardware. Computer Base had Intel win slightly.

It really depends on the game suite.

Need Voodoo to do his summary over at reddit to get a clearer picture and HUB to do their 30 game roundup.
It really does. Kitguru have the 5800X3D winning by a small margin as well as many others I've seen such as Hot Hardware, etc. Some also have the KS winning by a small margin so swings and roundabouts.

You'll find some games favour one over the other and perhaps one reviewer has one winning by a few percent vs another reviewer, but when you average it all out they are basically even.
20ZmgSw.png

So excited to get one now, it's really going to benefit my main games (outside of Football Manager in which I expect it to be slower) and in those games it definitely the fastest gaming chip out there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom