• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD ThreadRipper ***

Associate
tempted to replace my 1800x with the 1920x... I currently use the kraken N62 and apparently NZXT has said this will be compatible with threadripper an AMD will supply the adaptor... but im wondering how it will work with such a big CPU

Soldato
We need an "AMD reacts" clip posted to youtube. I bet they were cringing about that, perhaps more so than I was :eek:
I fairness they were probably happy to see video proof of somebody with no clue what they were doing and no inclination to read the instructions still failing to do it wrong. This is probably the most user friendly CPU socket since the Slot 1/A era.

Soldato

Painful to watch, 20 minutes of DERP.
Fine about not reading the instructions but if you can't even handle chips properly, you need to read the instructions :). Fingers on underside of CPU, packaging and especially the metal retaining clip placed on the mobo. Yikes. Probably done no harm but blimmin' heck

Soldato
How do people like that even deserve to get sent a TR pack >_<

I know. The video is painful to watch :(

Good grief how hard can it be?

To him? Very. And he was proud not reading instructions!!!!!

The best part are the comments under the video. All the money :D

Why isn't the girl running the show? She is clearly the smartest.
response to the above
Exactly my thought... shes way better than the two of them combined... Like Yoda trying to communicate with Donald Trump's.

Last edited:
Soldato
So alienware sucks. Who would have thought?:p
:D

Btw given the platform money, maybe I will wait for OCUK to see if they make a full proper custom watercooled pc and buy it. With Liquid vega under water block also.
Assuming they can have something like the for sale by 4th to be delivered for my bday on the 5th of Sept :)

Caporegime
How do people like that even deserve to get sent a TR pack >_<

you know the funny thing is people worship half of the youtube people and its not even them that set up the machines and such for the videos linus and such lol.the guy in the 16k video is who does all linus machines and tech stuff.

Caporegime
you know the funny thing is people worship half of the youtube people and its not even them that set up the machines and such for the videos linus and such lol.the guy in the 16k video is who does all linus machines and tech stuff.

Linus has done hundreds of videos himself but at the level he's at now it makes more sense to employ people to do it, he would have zero time to himself pumping out the content he does if he had to do the whole process on his own, he still knows what he's talking about for the PC hardware most of us use and has remained pretty unbiased throughout his time as far as I'm aware.

Soldato
Good grief how hard can it be?

I thought that... :D You would've thought that for such a important release in current times you'd make an effort to read up on what you need to do... I am impressed by the effort AMD put into the packages they sent out to these people though. Including the little paperweights with the customer/tester name on. :)

Associate
Linus & Alienware are apparently allowed to post things about Threadripper before others.
Incoming other youtubers rant in 3...2... :p

My god only a mother could love him.......
On a serious note he has a point, 4K USD for something that runs so hot and is pretty bare is taking the biscuit.
Josh.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

My god only a mother could love him.......
On a serious note he has a point, 4K USD for something that runs so hot and is pretty bare is taking the biscuit.
Josh.

I really don't see why anyone would buy an alienware, especially when there are so many nice boutique builders. Hell, if you want a well known name, even the HP and Dell (yeah I know a Dell own alienware) gaming machines are fairly good these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom