• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD ThreadRipper ***

Soldato
Associate
Maybe ask AMD to get it from the PCMag guys, they almost destroyed it and not deserving it. Or is too damaged now, that ain't worth :p

Yeah, I think right now they're trying to put the paper weight Threadripper into the mobo right now, to replace the one that they've turned into a paper weight :rolleyes:

Soldato
If AMD started offering part exchange upgrades "trade in your old Intel and upgrade to AMD Threadripper" I'm sure much hilarity would ensue :D

AMD I beg you, use this opportunity to stick two fingers up to Intel, to the absolute maximum effect.

Soldato
Anyone else really anoyeed how people keep refering to benchmarking TR in games? It's not in any way shape or form a "gaming" CPU. It would be like benchmarking a new ship on how well it can fly. Anyone buying TR FOR gaming is mad.

Associate
Anyone else really anoyeed how people keep refering to benchmarking TR in games? It's not in any way shape or form a "gaming" CPU. It would be like benchmarking a new ship on how well it can fly. Anyone buying TR FOR gaming is mad.

It's what I'll be buying it for mostly, don't feel mad though. People telling others they are mad for spending their money how they want is really annoying however.

Associate
You must enjoy seeing most of your CPU sat idle......

Maybe but my own mind and what I want to buy is not sat idle luckily....

I like buying new technology and I like the HEDT platforms. The way AMD have done things with TR has me more excited for a CPU than I have been for years.

It's so funny here. You get a group of people who want to seem to manage what others buy. Same with the Intel stuff. Good luck to anyone who buys a 7820 or 7900 I say and I hope they enjoy them.

Soldato
Maybe but my own mind and what I want to buy is not sat idle luckily....

I like buying new technology and I like the HEDT platforms. The way AMD have done things with TR has me more excited for a CPU than I have been for years.

It's so funny here. You get a group of people who want to seem to manage what others buy. Same with the Intel stuff. Good luck to anyone who buys a 7820 or 7900 I say and I hope they enjoy them.

I'm not telling you what to buy or what not to buy.
It just seems a waste. Gaming performance it will be the same as a ryzen r7. it will bring no benefit. But hey, your money. Have fun.

Soldato
I'm not telling you what to buy or what not to buy.
It just seems a waste. Gaming performance it will be the same as a ryzen r7. it will bring no benefit. But hey, your money. Have fun.

I know what you mean but if you can afford it surely its nice to have some power left in the tank? Its future proofing to an extent as im sure there are guys out there working on multi core game engines to take advantage of all the new CPU power available to them in future. Personally i have a Ryzen 1700 based machine that i game with, do some illustrator work, serves as the machine that talks to my laser cutter along with all the streaming and music in the backround. It seems to fit the bill pretty well so i wont be upgrading yet. (Plus my wife would kick me in the nuts. :p)

Soldato
Gaming performance it will be the same as a ryzen r7. it will bring no benefit. But hey, your money. Have fun.
You mean like LGA2011 CPUs were the same as LGA1155 CPUs and LGA1366 CPUs were the same as LGA1156 CPUs?

Enthusiast lineups have always been wasted on the vast majority of their users, if they were only bought by people who actually needed all of the additional performance then Intel would have stopped making them by now lol.

Back
Top Bottom