• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD ThreadRipper ***

Associate
Anyone else really anoyeed how people keep refering to benchmarking TR in games? It's not in any way shape or form a "gaming" CPU. It would be like benchmarking a new ship on how well it can fly. Anyone buying TR FOR gaming is mad.

I would like to see more tests, such as C4D, Terragen, Lightwave, Maya etc.
Sure, games are what most folk are used to so will get the reference more, but I would hope they'd also do something more processor intensive.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Anyone else really anoyeed how people keep refering to benchmarking TR in games? It's not in any way shape or form a "gaming" CPU. It would be like benchmarking a new ship on how well it can fly. Anyone buying TR FOR gaming is mad.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that people will play games on threadripper systems though, even though it might not be the primary use of the system.

I'm certainly going to be playing a few games on mine.

Man of Honour
I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that people will play games on threadripper systems though, even though it might not be the primary use of the system.

I'm certainly going to be playing a few games on mine.

Would be rude not to, I might just play a game while running 10 vm's at the same time, just because.

Soldato
I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that people will play games on threadripper systems though,.
Of course it's not unreasonable. And yes, there should be some gaming benchmarks. But some are leading with gaming benchmarks. For examples Pauls Hardware said that when the embargo lifts he is going to test X Y and Z games. And not a mention of any other testing. Now I am sure he will run cinebench and all that good stuff too. But to LEAD with games. Is just weird.

Associate

The M/B's box would beg to differ!

ASUS-ROG-Zenith-Extreme-X399-1.jpg

Soldato
The majority of people purchasing TR will be gamers who will mostly be using the system for gaming (probably with other stuff like streaming or whatnot thrown in). This was the same for Intel's X79/X99/etc platforms too.
I totally disagree.
Most people on this forum who purchase TR will be gamers yes.
Most people globally who purchase TR will be professional users. Data folk. Mathematicians and major Excel users, Universities, physicists, professional model creators etc. They will far outweigh the gamers.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I totally disagree.
Most people on this forum who purchase TR will be gamers yes.
Most people globally who purchase TR will be professional users. Data folk. Mathematicians and major Excel users, Universities, physicists, professional model creators etc. They will far outweigh the gamers.

No, they'll be purchasing xeon or epyc systems.

Back
Top Bottom