• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD ThreadRipper ***

Soldato
Got reply from Asrock today. They uploaded today the ram list supported by their boards. As you shall see, many ram modules supposed to run at 3600mhz, which is great thing.
Also an there is a youtube video for an unboxing for it.
(can post it here if you want)

Associate
Got reply from Asrock today. They uploaded today the ram list supported by their boards. As you shall see, many ram modules supposed to run at 3600mhz, which is great thing.
Also an there is a youtube video for an unboxing for it.
(can post it here if you want)
Yes, link please

Man of Honour
So how does it work with the size of the CPU cooler compared to the size of the CPU? will it impact the cooling?

As far as I can see a bracket is provided with threadripper which allows it to work. The cooler does not cover the entire ihs but covers the parts it needs to to cool effectively. In short I have no idea but am hoping it performs.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

The whole order has a delivery date of tomorrow. I am almost sure that they told me it wouldn't be with me before Monday next week on the phone. I can tell you for sure that if the wife rings me tomorrow saying there is a delivery I wont be hanging around in the office, ill be spending the rest of the day/week working from home :)

Mine still says "The order is in process". I have the same mobo (Gaming 7) however I didn't order that from OCUK.

Associate
I sure hope EK - and knowing them, they have. I have faith. Have actually made a properly designed block, instead of a mess like these things available from CN. Which are basically regular cheap blocks in a bigger mount.

2ilho5l.jpg

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

This is the first time I've pre-ordered any hardware - this is killing me!

Soldato
Yes, link please

Here you are :)
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X399 Taichi/index.asp#Memory

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty X399 Professional Gaming/index.asp#Memory

Coming back to me after all those days having told me that they wait reply from Taiwan, raised even higher my perception of Asrock, and if performance is good I will grab the Taichi.
Usually you get ignored by other companies in similar queries and initial responses.

And that on the back of having owned a Z170 OC Formula, which was the best board ever owned.

Soldato
Why? They did in the past. And if their new stuff is able to give vendors great price/performance again then they will again. Once Dell/HP/Lenovo/etc jump on we will probably see aggressively marketed AMD workstations and office computers once more.

It'll be almost impossible to crack the market so late in the day. AMD have long missed the window of opportunity to establish themselves within the business market. People generally stick with what they know best and that's been 10+ years worth of Intel workstations, and the flexibility of using Intel bases Mac's. Unless AMD can cleverly market themselves (no evidence of this previously) they're kidding themselves on if they think they can crack this market. Looking at the Ryzen branding, corporate identity and the ridiculous over the top packaging says nothing about a professional product. There is no way this is going to stand against the minimalist pitch Intel have.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

It'll be almost impossible to crack the market so late in the day. AMD have long missed the window of opportunity to establish themselves within the business market. People generally stick with what they know best and that's been 10+ years worth of Intel workstations, and the flexibility of using Intel bases Mac's. Unless AMD can cleverly market themselves (no evidence of this previously) they're kidding themselves on if they think they can crack this market. Looking at the Ryzen branding, corporate identity and the ridiculous over the top packaging says nothing about a professional product. There is no way this is going to stand against the minimalist pitch Intel have.

I don't think so - a lot of companies just choose off the shelf Dell's or HP's on three year leases, and Dell seem to be shifting quite a few Ryzen boxes while HP have already announced using Ryzen Pro processors for enterprise and and business class boxes.

Soldato
Kit List:

1 x Gigabyte AMD X399 AORUS GAMING 7 Gaming Motherboard
1 x AMD RYZEN Threadripper 1950X 16 Core TR4 Processor
2 x G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB Kit DDR4 3466MHz RAM
1 x Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
1 x Crystal Series 460X RGB Compact ATX Mid-Tower Case

Of the 3 choices available the asus was too pricey and I simply wont buy the tat msi put together and try to sell as premium hardware so I was left with the Gigabyte. Having had a number of their boards in the past I settled with that, really I wanted the Tiachi but i'm impatient.

I bet you're a banker who's spending his bonus money on this, thieved from the hard working honest man ont he street :p :D

Back
Top Bottom