• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD ThreadRipper ***

Soldato
These threads are always hilarious :D The moment you throw doubt at something is the same time a current owner comes along and goes on the defensive. Through some exaggerated self defence temper tantrum the comment is taken out of context then someone else comes along at their back.
Consumer psychology is ******* weird lol.

Caporegime
wait for benchmarks first.what good is high cb scores then in everything else slower than a i9 7900x for what most people use? amd got the marketing working well though.

Soldato
No problem for voltage up to 1.45v, still all good, just the same as Ryzen. After that although 1.55v for instance works and wont be a problem in short/medium term it will degrade in the long term but that would be expected.

Suspended

Forget about Cinebench....

At 4.1GHz the figures become even more astronomical for Threadripper. The chip manages to score 58391 points in Geekbench 3. Which not only is by far the highest score for any desktop processor we have ever seen but also secures it a 37% lead over a 7900X overclocked to 4.5GHz which manages to score around ~42600 points in the same test.

Thats a FFFF huge number :O it humiliates the 7900X :D

AMD-_Ryzen-_Threadripper-1950_X-overclocked-4.1_GHz.jpg

d760cfe5fd8e6ee02ee845132c9797624ecd6dae385aedf5.gif

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Interesting, wouldnt mind watching that. Who is this youtuber?

I know Hardware Unboxed video should go live from tomorrow @ 2PM.

Sorry if this episode feels a bit rushed guys. I took a quick time out from the Threadripper benchmarking, so this was a spur of the moment unboxing. For those wondering Thursday night (11pm AEST) the Threadripper reviews will be online. Before then though I will be announcing a full gaming PC giveaway on the channel tomorrow! So don’t miss that!

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I take it if you do an all core oc of 4.1ghz it removes the 4.3ghz Xfr single core boost?

Back
Top Bottom