• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD ThreadRipper ***

OcUK Staff
However you don't have any even on pre-order on the store, though some other retailers have it.
Wrote earlier the Asrock support response yesterday, raised my expectations to them, even if it was pretty high already as previous owner of the Z170 OC Formula.
They make great motherboards and deserve my customs.
Just to reiterate we have this board Monday. I just spoke with Asrock direct.

Soldato
Personally i would hope they will release a full speck mobo, but without the silly Lan and wifi crap and without any led stuff at all...................that is me hope, but i think it may not happen.

The Zenith without RGB, 10GB LAN and Wifi would be ideal, should bring the price in line with the Taichi, but sadly wont happen as the Prime is there :(

Associate

Not sure if you can answer either of these until tomorrow but would you recommend the Taichi over the Gigabyte Aorus and do you know when you'll be getting the EK block for threadripper?

Soldato
The Zenith without RGB, 10GB LAN and Wifi would be ideal, should bring the price in line with the Taichi, but sadly wont happen as the Prime is there :(

What you described above "The Zenith without RGB, 10GB LAN and Wifi would be ideal" is the Fatality X399. :)
The Taichi is on avg £80-100 cheaper than the Fatality because it doesn't have the 10gbit lan. Otherwise same mobo.

Thank you :)
I will place the pre-order tomorrow as soon as I call your office to find out if I can switch my acc to business or have to set up a new one against the company.

Soldato
More interested in the 1900X myself. I hoping it will be a more refined 1800x/fast mem/mobo combination - if that makes sense.
Yes it makes sense :)
Actually given the price and platform, if someone doesn't plan to buy the 1700/1700X/1800X on budget, the 1900X is the next up sensible option to go full monty.
The board will serve you well until 2020-2021 when GDDR5 hits the market, while having added on it any future Zen CPU in the form of Theadripper.

OcUK Staff
Not sure if you can answer either of these until tomorrow but would you recommend the Taichi over the Gigabyte Aorus and do you know when you'll be getting the EK block for threadripper?
EK block not sure. I checked that today no deffinate eta.

Xspc for me to test Friday or Monday.

I tried both those boards and both are fine. I guess if you want sleek stealthy design Asrock is good. Rgb and all the things gigabyte is good. 32GB 3200Mhz my mems stable on both.

64gb 2933mhz also on Asrock but I did not try gigabyte with 64GB.

Asus is the best performing board thus far with straight xmp and no added tuning.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Disappointing if no EK block avail for release - I can't start my build until it's available.

Hey ho, such is the price for getting in on a product launch I guess.

Associate
:D

Nah I will keep my 3600C16. According to Asrock ram spec sheet, can do 3466C14/3600C16 on the X399 platform, before adding more power ;)

Better spend my money on a shotgun, water and cans of tuna. Just in case I have to live in a "Fallout" world tomorrow

Cool! 3466C14 would be ideal.

OcUK Staff
I tested a lot of stuff with TR. I will show most as soon as I am allowed. We also prepared a video today although needs editing but also should be available asap.

I test things like dual channel vs quad, memory speed effect on efficiency etc etc. What speeds are attainable right now etc etc etc....

Soldato
Hmmmmmm....

Today is meant to be the day but whose today is the day that counts for the NDA.

Or is there a set time on the day to boot...

Sadly appears to not be midnight BST

Back
Top Bottom