• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD ThreadRipper ***

Soldato
The Core i7 6950X is beating the Core i7 7900X in games?? Wait,wut?

I think AMD has got a bit lucky with the release of TR!!
Yeah this is common knowledge due to games not being optimised for the new "mesh" architecture of Skylake-X, similarly to how they weren't optimised for Ryzen before its release. Difference is, there's a significant gaming market for Ryzen CPUs, whilst there isn't for Skylake-X.

Soldato
That's not a proper review (it's a preview from Monday) - It's typical Alienware using a **** motherboard, gimped with 2666mhz ram and a bad cooling solution. I'd wait for the proper Threadripper reviews to come out at 14:00 to see what performance enthusiasts might expect from Threadripper.

Right, but the 7900X was stock, too - so 2400Mhz DRAM. Plus we know SKL-X can overclock. It's ok.

Roll on 2pm I guess ;)

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Yeah this is common knowledge due to games not being optimised for the new "mesh" architecture of Skylake-X, similarly to how they weren't optimised for Ryzen before its release. Difference is, there's a significant gaming market for Ryzen CPUs, whilst there isn't for Skylake-X.

The good thing there is if Intel lean on game devs to "fix" thier engines for Skylake-X, they'll also end up "fixing" them for Threadripper as well :D

Back
Top Bottom