• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD ThreadRipper ***

Soldato
Yeah, EK said on their facebook that they'll be shipping the blocks on the 18th.

Gives me a chance to read detailed reviews about each board before deciding, at least :)

Indeed. Having seen only 2 reviews atm, I find some results peculiar.
Since many are different the only reference out of Cinebench I found it this.

Linus, Goosbery 1628 seconds (27:08 minutes)
Hardware unboxed 1914 seconds (31:54 minutes).
In both the 7900X performed the same within couple of seconds. (35:51 Linus, 35:55 HU).

The difference is big. Almost 5 MINUTES.
Linux is using the Zenith with 3200Mhz ram (supplied by AMD on the big box)
Hardware unboxed is using Taichi with 2666Mhz ram on all the CPUs.
(WHYYY??? AMD supplied him with 32mhz ram and the Taichi comes with Agesa 2006 supporting 3600Mhz).

Hence also I will wait for more motherboard reviews, especially the far cheaper X399 Prime, which is £150 CHEAPER than the Zenith (OCUK prices), with barely any difference.

OcUK Staff
Indeed. Having seen only 2 reviews atm, I find some results peculiar.
Since many are different the only reference out of Cinebench I found it this.

Linus, Goosbery 1628 seconds (27:08 minutes)
Hardware unboxed 1914 seconds (31:54 minutes).
In both the 7900X performed the same within couple of seconds. (35:51 Linus, 35:55 HU).

The difference is big. Almost 5 MINUTES.
Linux is using the Zenith with 3200Mhz ram (supplied by AMD on the big box)
Hardware unboxed is using Taichi with 2666Mhz ram on all the CPUs.
(WHYYY??? AMD supplied him with 32mhz ram and the Taichi comes with Agesa 2006 supporting 3600Mhz).

Hence also I will wait for more motherboard reviews, especially the far cheaper X399 Prime, which is £150 CHEAPER than the Zenith (OCUK prices), with barely any difference.

In my video I compare zenith and asrock Taichi. You should check that out.

Soldato
Just wow:

https://youtu.be/bmRQmr_G3ew?t=1145

It shows you for content creators it is a very powerful CPU - Adored was playing WoW,recording WoW and then processing a previous recorded video at the same time.

Adored and Nexus are the only two who have said that the Threadripper is coming with a +20C Tlc (Nexus said so yesterday). Others are saying "well it hits 83 but is OK given the CPU".
When actually the CPU is running at 63C. Thats mindbogling considering the size and performance of the CPU, and all the coolers used don't cover 100% the dies.

Back
Top Bottom