• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD ThreadRipper ***

Associate
Gamers Nexus true to form.

30 minutes long, 20 minutes on mostly single threaded old games, 5 minutes on power consumption, and a couple of tests somewhat relevant to the CPU, total waste of 30 minutes, it tells you nothing you want or need to know.
His videos are really freakin boring with little to no info. I am suprised he has gained so much popularity with this kinda presentation

Associate
Please notes the temps aren't reflecting much atm. Reason is all the coolers partially cover the CPU.

I was shocked on seeing the TIM imprint on the heatspreader once removed, in a couple of reviews.

For the AIOs they seemed to be using, it covered literally 35-40% of it.

I'm assuming EK have sent their blocks to several publications already ... I suspect the temperatures achievable with one (and therefore very low leakage) will absolutely embarass Intel.

Soldato
I was shocked on seeing the TIM imprint on the heatspreader once removed, in a couple of reviews.

For the AIOs they seemed to be using, it covered literally 35-40% of it.

I'm assuming EK have sent their blocks to several publications already ... I suspect the temperatures achievable with one (and therefore very low leakage) will absolutely embarass Intel.

So long as the dies themselves are covered the rest of it should not make too much of a difference.

Associate
naB2gnl.png

Unexpected :eek:

Couldn't believe this when I saw it, Nvidia gain a little respect back for this tbh, it takes a lot to recnognise your competitors accomplishments. Hopefully there will be some further optimisations to gaming and I'm in, the 12-16 cores would be massively useful in my work but it would be ideal if it performed in my passtimes as well. I haven't read all the reviews yet but the most I have focus on 1080p which obviously stresses CPU performance, as more flood in or I read more hopefully at higher resolutions it doesn't matter as the load is on the GPU.
Josh.

Soldato
Couldn't believe this when I saw it, Nvidia gain a little respect back for this tbh, it takes a lot to recnognise your competitors accomplishments. Hopefully there will be some further optimisations to gaming and I'm in, the 12-16 cores would be massively useful in my work but it would be ideal if it performed in my passtimes as well. I haven't read all the reviews yet but the most I have focus on 1080p which obviously stresses CPU performance, as more flood in or I read more hopefully at higher resolutions it doesn't matter as the load is on the GPU.
Josh.

I cant help but think this is a jab at intel more than recognition for AMD.

Back
Top Bottom