• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Tend to avoid the YouTube guff in general, with the exception of Gamers Nexus. In fact, my YouTube viewing is 80% funny videos people have linked me to and 20% Gamers Nexus.

My usual list of tech sites I frequent for reviews and general info:
  • Gamers Nexus
  • Tweaktown
  • Guru3D
  • Anandtech
  • TechPowerUp
  • KitGuru
  • Hexus
  • Eteknix
  • Bit-Tech
Well written articles/reviews > YouTube

Caporegime
Caporegime
Any word on the AVX performance for Ryzen 3000? I've heard that compared to Intel it's always been subpar on AMD CPUs, and would definitely hold me back from making the switch it was still an issue.

Cinebechnch uses AVX, R20 uses AVX 512 which is Intel's new "I'm better than you" extension, it doesn't help them, check the R20 Benchmark thread.

Associate
Cinebechnch uses AVX, R20 uses AVX 512 which is Intel's new "I'm better than you" extension, it doesn't help them, check the R20 Benchmark thread.
I've always been confused by people saying Cinebench R20 uses AVX. I currently have an AVX offset of 4 on my system however whenever I do a Cinebench run the clockspeed stays normal, however if I start doing some H264 encoding the offset kicks in.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom