• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen 4" thread (inc AM5/APU discussion) ***

Ryzen 9 7950X Techspot review up now:

Average-p.webp

Link:
https://www.techspot.com/review/2535-amd-ryzen-7950x/

Newsflash, it runs hot.
Should post the workloads the CPU excels at too mate, as no one is buying a 7950X for just gaming.

Most people (apart from me :cry: ) will be getting them for other workloads in which they dominate everything else comfortably. :)

Last edited:
Should post the workloads the CPU excels at too mate, as no one is buying a 7950X for just gaming.

Most people (apart from me :cry: ) will be getting them for other workloads in which they dominate everything else comfortably. :)
True. But gives an idea of where the 7700X will sit.

Hi there

CPUs:

Motherboards:

DDR5:

Should make things a little easier. :)

Nothing like the excitement or hype from the prior Ryzen generations, sadly :(

Only just matching 12900k in gaming, running very hot, very expensive motherboards, DDR5 required, all negatives. Intel's 13th gen is about to tear this a new one as well...

Zen4 3D should be much more exciting, hopefully everything has matured by then as well.

£779 for the top chip (ouch) kitguru said it would be £739, so much for it costing less or same as last gen :(, i get the pound is weak but still, i have a block to buy too, might have to hold off geting up and running for around a week or 2
We always pay more. Now we get hit even harder.

Nothing like the excitement or hype from the prior Ryzen generations, sadly :(

Only just matching 12900k in gaming, running very hot, very expensive motherboards, DDR5 required, all negatives. Intel's 13th gen is about to tear this a new one as well...

Zen4 3D should be much more exciting, hopefully everything has matured by then as well.
The wasted keystrokes keep on coming, perhaps you should stick to Netmums. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom