• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

Soldato
There were Intel motherboards as low as £150 which supported it. A basic Intel mini-ITX motherboard(DDR5 and equivalent of the A620) is available from around £100.
When you look at it that way, it is pretty bad then, but with AMD you get a better CPU so maybe there isn't the incentive for them to bother.
Just like AMD forced Intel to go above six cores,, maybe if Intel had a competitive CPU range the board partners would be forced to innovate again. I do agree with you in part, X870 is hardly a decent upgrade when you look at X670, very lacklustre step forward for what I'm sure will be a lot of money.

Soldato
When you look at it that way, it is pretty bad then, but with AMD you get a better CPU so maybe there isn't the incentive for them to bother.
Just like AMD forced Intel to go above six cores,, maybe if Intel had a competitive CPU range the board partners would be forced to innovate again. I do agree with you in part, X870 is hardly a decent upgrade when you look at X670, very lacklustre step forward for what I'm sure will be a lot of money.

A mate wanted to build a cheap AM5 mini-ITX system - no overclocking or tweaking,just RAM set to DOCP. The A620 motherboard cost just under £160 on offer and the Ryzen 5 7600 cost only slightly more! :cry:

Then you see ASRock make the ASRock B650M-HDV/M.2 for £100~£120 which has a great VRM,etc - the mini-ITX pricing is taking the mickey. Apparently its getting worse - the A620 has been rebranded to B840.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom