• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

Think of a solar system as one play space, a MP CoD map, with all its planets and moons and every blade of grass on those planets in the same singular player space.

You couldn't fit all of that in memory, its like a billion CoD maps all rolled in to one vast play space, there are ships in game that have a larger fully interactive interior space than some CoD maps and those ship are a single grain of sand on a vast beach.

All of that is split up into a Hierarchical container system that is streamed in and out around you in a bubble, from the vastness of space to a planet with its orbiting space station all the way down to the grass on the planet, seamlessly in real time in real 3D space.

The result is this, and this is just a spline moving through i very small part of the existing game.

Last edited:
Star Citizen. Stock and tuned... it gains quite a lot from tuning. +13%
iPfnwsu.png

U2HT8iX.png

Damn those are some poor 1% lows, probably should have tuned the X3D as well. Saw a recent vid from Tech Yes City showing similar gains for the 9700X in a few games though the 7800X3D still looked better.

It does look very cool indeed...I backed ED on Kickstarter and recall this was on Kickstarter around the same timeframe and was generating a lot of interest. Presumably it's still a living thing? I might get into it.

Very much so but my advice on that at the moment would be don't, not unless you have a high tolerance for it being a buggy mess, right now there is a lot of new tech being implemented and its causing a lot of problems.

Its a long way from a finished and lol... polished product, entirely up to you, but you've been warned :)

Last edited:
I would almost say that this 'admin' discovery gave AMD a branch to hold onto (as well as this 24H2 build BS) in order to push actual Zen5 gaming performance closer to their slide info, which the new patched benchmarks still won't reach but they'll be close enough in order to discard any criticism. Just an imo ofc.

Me personally I'm calling horse****, they're going to do nothing but skew facts to fit their own narrative. AMD's final form is complete, they are the new Intel. Hope Lisa is proud, FUD is their new modus operandi.

So transparent it's untrue, and I hope they lose a chunk of marketshare to boot.

Last edited:
could be intresting

TLDR: AMD says an upcoming build on Windows 11 which is currently only in testing, will improve Zen5's gaming performance by average of 7%

AMD says this patch allows certain branch prediction improvements to work in Windows, which were previously not working for reviewers who were using public Windows 11 which is different to windows 11 that AMD had access to for it's testing

could be intresting

You know what _____ gets me about this....

AMD Marketing: Gaming performance Zen 5 vs Zen 4, +13%

Hardware Unboxed: Gaming performance tested Zen 5 vs Zen 4 +3%, AMD is that right?

AMD: Yes that is correct, no problem there.....

( Two weeks Later )

AMD: the reason you're seeing lower gaming performance than our slides advertised is because we used Admin privileges during our testing, Windows patch fix incoming.

Why didn't they tell Hardware Unboxed "No 3% is not right"

Last edited:
Probably two different departments/teams, with poor internal communications, and so you ask the same question to AMD but depending on who answers, you get two completely different answers

Last edited:
Probably two different departments/teams, with poor internal communications
Yeah... or....

I honestly don't know what to make of this.

I can see this being shear messaging incompetence from AMD, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing so their public facing communication is atrocious, i think this is true anyway and i'm leaning to that being it.

Having said that i can also see HUB send AMD a couple of slides they know match AMD's expectations, to which they reply yup that's fine.... but what they then publish is a rant about overall performance only being 3% and then throw in "AMD said this is fine" for some extra rage click bait, i can absolutely see them doing something like that too.

Either way its AMD's job to get a handle on it... its AMD's fault either way.

Last edited:
Still on AMD's website

I half wonder if they benchmarked against Intel CPUs on Gigabyte's incorrect Intel Baseline profile which had lower than Intel spec turbo limits. But I'm fairly sure those numbers were being floated around before that BIOS update was available.

I would almost say that this 'admin' discovery gave AMD a branch to hold onto (as well as this 24H2 build BS) in order to push actual Zen5 gaming performance closer to their slide info, which the new patched benchmarks still won't reach but they'll be close enough in order to discard any criticism. Just an imo ofc.

Me personally I'm calling horse****, they're going to do nothing but skew facts to fit their own narrative. AMD's final form is complete, they are the new Intel. Hope Lisa is proud, FUD is their new modus operandi.

So transparent it's untrue, and I hope they lose a chunk of marketshare to boot.

The whole thing is pretty funny tbh. Just clutching at straws and pivoting to any excuse they can come up with. All this windows stuff will benefit Intel as well and has already been well known to anyone tuning systems for benchmarking. Shocker, you can even download stripped ISO’s if your main goal is max scores. Wait till amd diehards discover that one.

People are going to get themselves security compromised following some performance ‘guides’ telling them to bypass os security.

I look forward to a massive surge in Linux gaming in the next steam hardware survey lol. The same people who struggle to enter a bios screen will surely do well at being Linux gamers.

Yeah... or....

I honestly don't know what to make of this.

I can see this being shear messaging incompetence from AMD, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing so their public facing communication is atrocious, i think this is true anyway and i'm leaning to that being it.

Having said that i can also see HUB send AMD a couple of slides they know match AMD's expectations, to which they reply yup that's fine.... but what they then publish is a rant about overall performance only being 3% and then throw in "AMD said this is fine" for some extra rage click bait, i can absolutely see them doing something like that too.

Either way its AMD's job to get a handle on it... its AMD's fault either way.
amd stated 9800x3d is for gamers
dunno how HUB missed that
Maybe they not so good at their jobs whatever that might be

ok, forget gaming
where is that magic universe where 9700X is 42% faster than 14700K in Handbrake? Windows fault again?

Back
Top Bottom