• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

G J

G J

Associate

Might as well not release the 9700x at this point. Then again it’s AMD pricing so expect cuts within a month lol
It's also the 9600X as AMD sold a 6 core 7600X at 360 euros which I'm sure the was close to the 8700K launch price from 2017 and a 9600X at 310... but as you said wait for the price cuts.

Forgot to add: Picking up a 7800X3D from people upgrading if the pricing goes down may be the best.

Last edited:
Soldato
Might as well not release the 9700x at this point. Then again it’s AMD pricing so expect cuts within a month lol

Those price are wrong, by quite a margin, details are embargoed until 31st July but I know the pricing is more like £219 (inc. VAT) for the 9600X (exchange rate dependant) for the UK market. There is also official MSRP cuts coming for the 7xxx parts, 7600 should be ~£139, X3D parts are getting a smaller reduction.

Associate
with ARM now in the picture and the performance we're seeing from there the next few generations are going to be crucial for AMD.
I think a core count increase is going to be needed across the board. Rumours for big/little architecture should help in this regard

Soldato
with ARM now in the picture and the performance we're seeing from there the next few generations are going to be crucial for AMD.
I think a core count increase is going to be needed across the board. Rumours for big/little architecture should help in this regard

Is arm on desktop/workstation even a thing. I did see hear some talk of a 12 core 12 lane part, but arm Is going to have really hard in these markets.

Associate
Is arm on desktop/workstation even a thing. I did see hear some talk of a 12 core 12 lane part, but arm Is going to have really hard in these markets.
well on desktop the main benefits or ARM (efficiency) are sort of pointless, at least in terms of battery life as it doesnt apply here.

Im mostly talking about laptop sku's here but im sure they can cook something up for the desktop space too

Soldato
Well, seeing Intel have been getting destroyed by AMD for last 7 or 8 years I don’t think an arm chip has much chance of shaking things up.
AMD is why we are not stuck using quad cores. Now AMD is also fat and greedy, so we need more competition. Intel will not licence x86 so it must be ARM or RISC-V.

Soldato
AMD is why we are not stuck using quad cores. Now AMD is also fat and greedy, so we need more competition. Intel will not licence x86 so it must be ARM or RISC-V.

I don’t think AMD are slowing anytime soon TBH. Intel still have a massive lead.

Associate
Those price are wrong, by quite a margin, details are embargoed until 31st July but I know the pricing is more like £219 (inc. VAT) for the 9600X (exchange rate dependant) for the UK market. There is also official MSRP cuts coming for the 7xxx parts, 7600 should be ~£139, X3D parts are getting a smaller reduction.
Might go with a 7600 and platform upgrade at that price and ensure the mobo is reasonably futurecproof

Associate
Can control low, mid and high range frequency
5 frequency points times 3 temperature levels times two settings (sign and value) times 16 cores... 540 fields?
theres no way this could be manages from bios. Need utilities for setting and then for testing

Associate
5 frequency points times 3 temperature levels times two settings (sign and value) times 16 cores... 540 fields?
theres no way this could be manages from bios. Need utilities for setting and then for testing
Likely be implemented into ryzen master, amds own software

Back
Top Bottom