• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD's FSR3 possibly next month ?

Soldato
OP
Well no, shimmering in certain games is extremely distracting especially if you're sensitive to it e.g. Spiderman smaa Vs dlss (I did this video because people kept banging on about how we just need to use better aa methods rather than rely on dlss/dlaa and supposedly smaa was regarded as being the best but from a temporal stability pov, not in the slightest does it help overall iq in motion).

The more people point out the issues, the sooner said companies will be to act and improve their solutions otherwise if everyone says it's great (even if proven otherwise....) then it will never improve... And this goes for all companies and their solutions but sadly it seems amd fans are happy to settle for "just good enough" and wait months/years for competing solutions rather than pushing amd to improve.

So far fsr 3 sounds/looks great but that doesn't mean there might not be room for improvement, same with nvidias frame gen as it's not perfect either and again, the real story will be when it comes to games outside of the initial pr showcases e.g. deahtloop Vs fsr 2 out in the wild, something which a lot seem to have forgotten about....

While I agree for the most part, The amount of "enthusiasm" about all of this in general from various people is verging on obsessive. It's the same with people who went insane with Nvidia's FG claiming they were having everything from nausea, To nosebleeds, Nervous breakdowns, Marriages ending etc etc... the hyperbole on this forum just gets to be a little much sometimes.

Caporegime
AMD just released a preview driver that lets you enable Frame Generation on DX12 titles including Cyberpunk 2077, only for 7X00 series AMD Cards though.

A Plague Tale - RequiemBorderlands 3Control Dead Space
Deep Rock Galactic Dying Light 2Far Cry® 6 Ghostwire: Tokyo
Hitman 3Hogwarts LegacyHorizon Zero Dawn™ Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition
Red Dead Redemption 2Resident Evil 3 Resident Evil 4Shadow Of The Tomb Raider
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor™ Starfield The Last of Us™ Part 1 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
OP
A Plague Tale - RequiemBorderlands 3Control Dead Space
Deep Rock GalacticDying Light 2Far Cry® 6Ghostwire: Tokyo
Hitman 3Hogwarts LegacyHorizon Zero Dawn™Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition
Red Dead Redemption 2Resident Evil 3Resident Evil 4Shadow Of The Tomb Raider
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor™StarfieldThe Last of Us™ Part 1The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

It will be interesting to see if any of those games that don't have Nvidia's Frame Gen may now get updated to include it as Nvidia won't like AMD having such a 1 up over them in those titles.

Caporegime
It will be interesting to see if any of those games that don't have Nvidia's Frame Gen may now get updated to include it as Nvidia won't like AMD having such a 1 up over them in those titles.

I don't see Cyberpunk, or Forsaken which is odd as we know that has it, unless its because that was part of the last driver, not this one.

Its a lot of game tho, i mean good job, keep it up.

Soldato
I just had a look, you can enable Fluid Motion Frames for any game (like Cyberpunk 2077) by clicking on the profile for a game.

When you click this option, it enables anti-lag by default as well.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I just had a look, you can enable Fluid Motion Frames for any game (like Cyberpunk 2077) by clicking on the profile for a game.

When you click this option, it enables anti-lag by default as well.

Oooooh so this has arrived sooner than amd stated? Iirc, that was due next year. Colour me surprised, amd delivering sooner than later :cry: :D

Hopefully it's decent as that'll be a huge win over Nvidia.

Soldato
I'm getting around 270 FPS in the menu for Cyberpunk, so that can't be bad.

You can use the AMD overlay to check if the Fluid Motion Frames tech is active.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have to clear my DX12 shader cache every time I start Cyberpunk 2077.

It's a game issue (occurs on some Nvidia and AMD GPUs).

Soldato
I'm not sure the performance is better with Fluid Motion Frames in Cyberpunk, the FPS is lower with it enabled on the main menu screen.

It seems to be possible to toggle it on and off with the overlay, while games are running.

Last edited:
Associate
Ignoring HDR since, it might get fixed in the future. What is the point of FMF?

• AFMF preserves image quality by dynamically disabling frame generation during fast motion.
So moving your mouse disables it.

Soldato
As a 3090 owner who is now sensibly tightarsed and refuses to upgrade to a 40 series, I'm pinning a lot of hopium on FSR 3 frame gen!

I've seen some reports though that there are some frame pacing issues, which for me is killing PC gaming this year, so downloading the Forspoken demo now to test it all out for myself.....

Caporegime
As a 3090 owner who is now sensibly tightarsed and refuses to upgrade to a 40 series, I'm pinning a lot of hopium on FSR 3 frame gen!

I've seen some reports though that there are some frame pacing issues, which for me is killing PC gaming this year, so downloading the Forspoken demo now to test it all out for myself.....
Apparently it's down to FPS caps, vysnc or/and vrr.

Back
Top Bottom