• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD's FSR3 possibly next month ?

Caporegime
I doubt modders have to jump through the same hoops as developers working on the actual game.

Working in the software development industry, the only thing I can think of that would cause them to take longer is any contracts, licensing they would need to work with but given that dlss is free and nothing is required from Nvidia to get the go ahead (and amd have stated there is nothing blocking Bethesda from implementing dlss). From a technical pov, there is zero reason why they couldn't implement this very quickly especially since the game has motion vectors and fsr 2 thus means implementation of dlss would be less than 2 days (and amds own pr articles show this too).

The only thing that would take longer is going through QA/testing to ensure it doesn't break anything but this is Bethesda, not exactly their strong point....

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Working in the software development industry, the only thing I can think of that would cause them to take longer is any contracts, licensing they would need to work with but given that dlss is free and nothing is required from Nvidia to get the go ahead (and amd have stated there is nothing blocking Bethesda from implementing dlss). From a technical pov, there is zero reason why they couldn't implement this very quickly especially since the game has motion vectors and fsr 2 thus means implementation of dlss would be less than 2 days (and amds own pr articles show this too).

The only thing that would take longer is going through QA/testing to ensure it doesn't break anything but this is Bethesda, not exactly their strong point....

Don't believe you. You sir I am pretty sure work for Nvidia RT department :p:cry:

Caporegime
and the mod was reported to be extremely buggy for a lot of people.. That is what you get for 24 hours of work.

Iirc that was the frame gen aspect and issues when people were trying to use redux on top of it.

Dlss 2/upscaling has ran perfect for me since day 1 (used a couple of methods, one by pure dark and Luke)

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
sounds like some developer maths going on. Person writes code to be compatible with one game, later make it compatible with other games as well so has experience of DLSS injection
new game comes out, developer alters code to work with new game - starfield
hey guys aren't I amazballs, I write this in 1 hour
if he worked for Bethsda this would take 2 weeks in the Jira ticket, the other time would be surfing the web and playing games while WFH

Last edited:
Caporegime
sounds like some developer maths going on. Person writes code to be compatible with one game, later make it compatible with other games as well so has experience of DLSS injection
new game comes out, developer alters code to work with new game - starfield
hey guys aren't I amazballs, I write this in 1 hour
if he worked for Bethsda this would take 2 weeks in the Jira ticket, the other time would be surfing the web and playing games while WFH

I would estimate it to be 2 sprints worth of work at the very least if I was working on it tbf :cry:

Soldato
It works in Star Citizen, weeeoooo....... awesome :)

I don't think he understands that fg doesn't reduce the frame rate related lag..... but whatever it work's.

Black frame insertion and any other fake frame tricks don't reduce input lag either, lag either goes up stays the same it will never go down

Soldato
Read the AMD Reddit page and it's become quite clear that for the average Radeon owner, they never hated fake frames, they just hated that Nvidia had fake frames and AMD didn't and now that Radeon also has fake frames, fake frames is the best thing since sliced bread, fine wine they call it!

Last edited:
Soldato
but given that dlss is free and nothing is required from Nvidia to get the go ahead (and amd have stated there is nothing blocking Bethesda from implementing dlss). From a technical pov, there is zero reason why they couldn't implement this very quickly especially since the game has motion vectors and fsr 2 thus means implementation of dlss would be less than 2 days (and amds own pr articles show this too).

I read somewhere here that the standard DLSS implementation requires mentions on marketing or splash screens or similar. Given that is unlikely to happen in an AMD sponsored game then one could assume they will need some sort of agreement from Nvidia?

Associate
its still laggy and id rather have a faster card but i can see that it could be useful to people who can put up with the drawbacks and don't have that fast a gfx card. impressed it works on a 1060 if not that well.

Caporegime
I read somewhere here that the standard DLSS implementation requires mentions on marketing or splash screens or similar. Given that is unlikely to happen in an AMD sponsored game then one could assume they will need some sort of agreement from Nvidia?

I'm pretty sure there are games which have dlss and don't have any Nvidia marketing on them, iirc, the last of us, uncharted but I could be wrong.

Not to mention, if this was the case, I imagine Nvidia would be hammering down on the likes of pure dark etc.

Caporegime
Read the AMD Reddit page and it's become quite clear that for the average Radeon owner, they never hated fake frames, they just hated that Nvidia had fake frames and AMD didn't and now that Radeon also has fake frames, fake frames is the best thing since sliced bread, fine wine they call it!

Yup reading it the other day, it appears that vrr and hdr now doesn't matter and fsr 3 is now better than native...... :p

I think fsr 3 looks great TBF given first version, once they get vrr and hdr working, I'll be giving it a try but as it is, vrr and hdr is more important than fake frames imo.

Soldato
DLSS 3.5 has deffo got a lot better, hopefully by 4.0 that will be great tbh because at moment there too many issues. AMDs Fluid Motion has even more issues with it and looks much worse overall. Can only hope when they get FSR4 they will have got better handling on it.

With that said both have done a lot better than I expected them to do but they don't match to Native and proper frames still.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom