• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD's FSR3 possibly next month ?

Caporegime
You’ve contradicted yourself here.

The licensing agreement stipulates what Nvidia require.

Selective quoting.....

Read the full post:

Working in the software development industry, the only thing I can think of that would cause them to take longer is any contracts, licensing they would need to work with but given that dlss is free and nothing is required from Nvidia to get the go ahead (and amd have stated there is nothing blocking Bethesda from implementing dlss). From a technical pov, there is zero reason why they couldn't implement this very quickly especially since the game has motion vectors and fsr 2 thus means implementation of dlss would be less than 2 days (and amds own pr articles show this too).

The only thing that would take longer is going through QA/testing to ensure it doesn't break anything but this is Bethesda, not exactly their strong point....

If anyone cares enough, have a read through nvidias terms and conditions here:

Soldato
Selective quoting.....

Read the full post:

If anyone cares enough, have a read through nvidias terms and conditions here:

Yes, I selectively quoted the part where you contradict yourself. The additional context doesn't make it any less of a contradiction.

Either something is required or nothing is required. It cannot be both.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yes, I selectively quoted the part where you contradict yourself. The additional context doesn't make it any less of a contradiction.

Either something is required or nothing is required. It cannot be both.

Well then you aren't comprehending the post, the key bit being this:

the only thing I can think of that would cause them

Which I then go further on to state based on what we know, "licensing/contract" should not be an issue because:

- dlss is free to implement and to my knowledge nothing is required from the developers to start using it thus from a technical pov there is no blockers on this front
- amd have stated there is nothing stopping bethsada to implement dlss i.e. nothing in amd or Bethesda contract that would block the implementation of dlss

Soldato
Well then you aren't comprehending the post, the key bit being this:

Which I then go further on to state based on what we know, "licensing/contract" should not be an issue because:

- dlss is free to implement and to my knowledge nothing is required from the developers to start using it thus from a technical pov there is no blockers on this front
- amd have stated there is nothing stopping bethsada to implement dlss i.e. nothing in amd or Bethesda contract that would block the implementation of dlss
Even in your explaination you ignore the elephant in the room.

DLSS has a license, which stipulates the terms and conditions for its use. A fact that you seem to want to ignore. Therefore the notion that

nothing is required from Nvidia
Is just false. unless you're implying that the DLSS License was not written by Nvidia.

Something is required and it is in the license agreement.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Even in your explaination you ignore the elephant in the room.

DLSS has a license, which stipulates the terms and conditions for its use. A fact that you seem to want to ignore. Therefore the notion that

Is just false. unless you're implying that the DLSS License was not written by Nvidia.

Something is required and it is in the license agreement.

If you can link me something from nvidias dlss terms and conditions that would cause a delay in the implementation of dlss then feel free to post it here as that would actually be worthy of discussing....... As of right now, all you're doing is making a mountain out of a mole hill by the usual of selective quoting to fit your narrative. I have already stated openly in my op, the only thing that would cause a delay is something to do with their licensing and contract but given the stated "facts" so far, I don't see what there could be?

Edit:

The only thing is what stooeh said, you would need to credit Nvidia somewhere to show the use of their tech. I can't imagine this being a huge pain to do.... Unless amd didn't want that.... but then amd have stated there is nothing stopping bethsada from implementing dlss.

Last edited:
Caporegime
DLSS 3.5 has deffo got a lot better, hopefully by 4.0 that will be great tbh because at moment there too many issues. AMDs Fluid Motion has even more issues with it and looks much worse overall. Can only hope when they get FSR4 they will have got better handling on it.

With that said both have done a lot better than I expected them to do but they don't match to Native and proper frames still.
Like I said earlier in this thread, if you use only fg, what AMD call "native AA" then its fine because you're running native image quality, tbh if you need to more than double your frame rates then you should probably be thinking about more powerful hardware.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Anything new on FSR3 testing yet then?

Not that I know. Would have been loads of content out there had AMD released properly. Wonder why they did not give reviewers and youtube guys a early preview with an embargo to create excitement and much bigger coverage?

Even seemingly pro AMD outlets like HUB are not impressed with how it was all done.

Last edited:
Associate
Like I said earlier in this thread, if you use only fg, what AMD call "native AA" then its fine because you're running native image quality, tbh if you need to more than double your frame rates then you should probably be thinking about more powerful hardware.
It's not clear but I think there might still be a small difference due to a difference in AA methods applied between default and FSR even though you select native AA.
Haven't seen enough testing yet and both games are crap so have no interest in them.

Caporegime
Not that I know. Would have been loads of content out there had AMD released properly. Wonder why they did not give reviewers and youtube guys a early preview with an embargo to create excitement and much bigger coverage?

Even seemingly pro AMD outlets like HUB are not impressed with how it was all done.
Amd scoring an own goal again, shocker :p

Only one who has any real testing with stats is Daniel Owen. Alex/df should be pretty good since he now has a dedicated capture card but alas he also isn't amused with the timing of it and said he won't be re-priotising his current schedule of videos to work around it so will be a while probably :( By far the best person to test out this stuff given he was the only one who identified the issue with input lag issue on nvidias frame generation when you were hitting the screen max refresh rate.

Be curious to see what amds response will be on the hdr, vrr and the having to rely on vsync i.e. basically getting your screens max refresh rate to get a smooth experience. Those are pretty big oversights imo, even for a first release.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Associate

Because both games were essentially rubbish it's possible they just got it in as a first release to solve issues before hyping up an actual game people play.

Or maybe they are not confident they can solve any latency issues any time soon so it could rely heavily on AMDs own anti lag or whatever it's called.

At the moment it just looks like the illusion higher frame rates to smooth motion with little to no improvement over how the games feels when moving controls etc.

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
If you can link me something from nvidias dlss terms and conditions that would cause a delay in the implementation of dlss then feel free to post it here as that would actually be worthy of discussing....... As of right now, all you're doing is making a mountain out of a mole hill by the usual of selective quoting to fit your narrative. I have already stated openly in my op, the only thing that would cause a delay is something to do with their licensing and contract but given the stated "facts" so far, I don't see what there could be?

Edit:

The only thing is what stooeh said, you would need to credit Nvidia somewhere to show the use of their tech. I can't imagine this being a huge pain to do.... Unless amd didn't want that.... but then amd have stated there is nothing stopping bethsada from implementing dlss.

Matt advised it was him who posted in 'ere somewhere about the terms but HUB have a video where they highlight the notable parts in the terms and also a way out of them.
Timestamped the relevant part:

So presumably for Bethesda to add it they will need to get permission from Nvidia to do so without branding etc.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's not clear but I think there might still be a small difference due to a difference in AA methods applied between default and FSR even though you select native AA.
Haven't seen enough testing yet and both games are crap so have no interest in them.
the only testing i have seen so far is with up scaling enabled, inevitably they all point to temporal shimmering, apart from that one Star Citizen one where he's just using fg.
Star Citizen uses Temporal AA for its true purpose, as its default AA and it has temporal shimmering, like where foliage meets water, as well as some high speed trail ghosting, thought its not that noticeable and improving all the time, and very long distance volumetric clouds, that actually can be very noticeable, which they have acknowledged and are actively working on it.
so i'm not sure people in SC would notice it anyway but he did not test anything that shows up those TAA issues.

Last edited:
Associate
At the moment it just looks like the illusion higher frame rates to smooth motion with little to no improvement over how the games feels when moving controls etc.
But this is how it supposed to work and how Nvidia FG works.
Current implementation of AMD FG works even worse.

Last edited:
Associate
the only testing i have seen so far is with up scaling enabled, inevitably they all point to temporal shimmering, apart from that one Star Citizen one where he's just using fg.
Star Citizen uses Temporal AA for its true purpose, as its default AA and it has temporal shimmering, like where foliage meets water, as well as some high speed trail ghosting, thought its not that noticeable and improving all the time, and very long distance volumetric clouds, that actually can be very noticeable, which they have acknowledged and are actively working on it.
so i'm not sure people in SC would notice it anyway but he did not test anything that shows up those TAA issues.
Star citizen would just be using the AFMF driver level implementation though?

Back
Top Bottom