• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD's FSR3 possibly next month ?

Well, it's still a beta driver. I don't like the framerate dips when with FMF, when it gets disabled from moving the mouse quickly, I hope they can release a version without that feature.

I thought that the latest driver improved frame pacing? Don't know if it's improved significantly though.

For now, I think it's better for most people to try FSR3 in the few games that support it.

There is a reason why it does dip during fast mouse movements though, the driver based FMF is basically faking it to make it. It doesn't have access to any motion vector data so it's basically "best guess" and when the mouse movements are rapid the change in pixel data can be significant resulting in a major case of ghosting, and it's so bad even calling the ghost busters won't help.

Last edited:
and it's so bad even calling the ghost busters won't help.
image.png

What happened to the AI accelerators built into the RDNA3 cards, why are they not being used to give them an improvement over RDNA2?

Intel XeSS using AI is actually getting quite good now.

Last edited:
You would have thought AMD had a plan for those wouldn’t you?

I was looking at it after making the post. Apparently they are "AI" in name only and very different from tensor cores.

It is just an additional instruction set (WMMA) with support for BF16 but uses the same hardware, instead of having dedicated hardware.

Also a lot of AI operations (for non-scientific workloads) are INT8 and that has stayed the same, gen on gen. DLSS and XeSS are INT8.

Last edited:
Impressive stuff.

Would like to see this in the Witcher 3 and Alan Wake II.

It looks at though AMD's Frame generation has shorter delays on RDNA3 and RDNA2. Upto 8ms on RDNA1:

It sucks that the mod creator is charging for an FSR3 mod, but hopefully someone will release it for free.

EDIT - It looks like the author will probably release it for free on NexusMods, once it gets out of the 'Beta' development phase.

Last edited:
Impressive stuff.

It looks at though AMD's Frame generation has shorter delays on RDNA3 and RDNA2. Upto 8ms on RDNA1:

It sucks that the mod creator is charging for an FSR3 mod, but hopefully someone will release it for free.

EDIT - It looks like the author will probably release it for free on NexusMods, once it gets out of the 'Beta' development phase.

There's only a small window to cash in on technology mods, too many people will want attention from getting it working that they'll do the work for free or rip off and leak a version that someone else got working :p

Last edited:
Impressive stuff.

Does not work in AW2

LUKE-FSR-instructions.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom