• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD's FSR3 possibly next month ?

Just enabled HDR on my Monitor for the Witcher 3 and...

1XSvbJmPdLKi3mw_1702911653.jpg

So yep, not HDR compatible

Ah so it's looking for those exact DLSS/EXE files such as Cyberpunk/TheWitcher.exe ?

I think so. If the dbhelp file is tucked away somewhere else away from the .exe, it doesn't seem to work (also tried copying this to where the .exe is but no luck), I'm sure it will get fixed sooner than later but no hdr is a deal breaker and I'll be amazed if this can be fixed from the modding end.

I have no idea how the mod does its thing but HDR being on or not seems an odd reason for a mod not to work. Anyone know why HDR is an issue for this mod in particular?

Last edited:
I have no idea how the mod does its thing but HDR being on or not seems an odd reason for a mod not to work. Anyone know why HDR is an issue for this mod in particular?

No idea how it works either, amd had this same issue with their driver method of injecting the fake frames, not sure if it ever got fixed? If it did, then maybe it will be possible for the modders to fix too.

No idea how it works either, amd had this same issue with their driver method of injecting the fake frames, not sure if it ever got fixed? If it did, then maybe it will be possible for the modders to fix too.

Looks like they did sort the HDR issue for Fluid Motion Frames, so there may be hope yet. Can any AMD users confirm?

Last edited:
OMG IT WORKS ON MY 3070 TI!!! :eek: :eek:

Find the directory where you installed the game. This is different depending on which platform you own the game.
Download dlssg-to-fsr3-0.3.zip. If you have problems with this version, try older version
https://github.com/Nukem9/dlssg-to-fsr3/releases (dlssg-to-fsr3-0.3.zip)
Copy the “dlssg_to_fsr3_amd_is_better.dll” and “dbghelp.dll” files into the directory you found in step 1.
If there’s any popups about replacing existing files, press yes.
Now launch the game. You should get a popup telling that the dlssg-to-fsr3 is loaded and the mod is experimental.
Enable the setting and select DLSS or FSR as upscaler (DLSS recommended on supported GPUs, you may also enable ray reconstruction.)
Select Frame Gen - ON in options

OFF
43FPS
DLSS-0.jpg

ON
70/73FPS

DLSS-012.jpg
Fantastic, I'll be trying this on the Witcher 3 later, at 4K res.

My dad has a RTX 3070 FE that I used to own, so I imagine FSR3 should work with that also. Bit limited by VRAM though...

It's pretty nice that AMD's tech works on (many) Nvidia cards as well. How about you do the same, Nvidia?

EDIT - damnit, no support for AMD cards with this project yet. It's a bit annoying that a lot of the tech journalist websites aren't reporting it as only working on Nvidia cards.

Last edited:
Yep, it seems absolutely bizarre that it only works on Nvida (at the moment anyway) but as a 3090 user I'm not complaining.

By far the best thing about this mod is - and I'm not sure anyone is picking up on this - you can use DLSS for the upscaling part if you want! Official FSR3 frame gen forces you to use FSR2 upscaling, so this is a huge win for this mod being able to use DLSS upscaling.

If they can get it to work with HDR it should be huge....

Last edited:
Intel's upscaling tech tends not to perform as well though, at least compared to FS2 upscaling.

Intels upscaling is superior to FSR most of the time and "overall", hub showcased this recently, sadly it's adoption rate is poor though.

Yep, it seems absolutely bizarre that it only works on Nvida (at the moment anyway) but as a 3090 user I'm not complaining.

By far the best thing about this mod is - and I'm not sure anyone is picking up on this - you can use DLSS for the upscaling part if you want! Official FSR3 frame gen forces you to use FSR2 upscaling, so this is a huge win for this mod being able to use DLSS upscaling.

If they can get it to work with HDR it should be huge....

How you finding frame pacing/smoothness though? I'm not really blown away on this aspect, it's definetly got better motion fluidity but the lack of buttery smooth frame pacing somewhat ruins it for me.

But yes, being able to use DLSS upscaling is a massive pro that will make AMDs frame gen worth considering now (when/if the hdr gets fixed)

This guy sums up my thoughts on the whole FSR 3 situation:

Basically what I said from the get go, it was a knee jerk reaction by amd. It's pretty impressive amd were even able to get this kind of tech working in the first place though since nvidia were apparently working on it for 6 years so kudos there.

Last edited:
Intels upscaling is superior to FSR most of the time and "overall", hub showcased this recently, sadly it's adoption rate is poor though.

How you finding frame pacing/smoothness though? I'm not really blown away on this aspect, it's definetly got better motion fluidity but the lack of buttery smooth frame pacing somewhat ruins it for me.

But yes, being able to use DLSS upscaling is a massive pro that will make AMDs frame gen worth considering now (when/if the hdr gets fixed)

This guy sums up my thoughts on the whole FSR 3 situation:

Basically what I said from the get go, it was a knee jerk reaction by amd. It's pretty impressive amd were even able to get this kind of tech working in the first place though since nvidia were apparently working on it for 6 years so kudos there.

I've only tested Cyberpunk so far. As I said in my previous post I had trouble getting it working properly at all, as it was stuttering like crazy, but I think it was because I was running a custom res on my monitor. At my screen's native 4k it works.

However, I'm not blown away by the 'feel' of it. I need to do some proper testing but I think the frame pacing is 'ok' on first go, but it doesn't feel significantly smoother to me really Vs not using it. Not like I thought it would. And I've never used/ can't use DLSS frame gen so have nothing to compare it to.

Last edited:
We need some other, better geeks to get working on mods like this. The guy that made this one doesn't have an HDR screen, and it sounds like he has no interest in making it work with HDR. Come on geeks, pull your ******* finger out.

HDR looks nice on a IPS panel, but entirely optional.

It's ideal for watching films on.

Lots of people wouldn't benefit from adding HDR support, as many displays don't support HDR.

I doubt i'll upgrade for another few years, eventually 4K high refresh monitors will be cheap.

Last edited:
I gave the mod a quick go and the performance uplift in Cyberpunk was the most impressive. FSR is still inferior to DLSS to my eyes though. Alan Wake 2 did this weird thing with sparkly white dots everywhere and was pretty much unplayable.

I understand people are a little protective on their "stuff" but the tribalism around dlss is just bonkers, sure it's a good system and it works really well, but you are restricted in hardware choice which is anti-consumer, and even more so when you want to use the latest iteration of dlss which is restricted to the newest hardware only.

Now I know AMD FMF is hardware restricted (7x00 and 6x00 series only) but FSR3.0 works on everything including the nVidia 2x00 series and AMD RX 580 series cards and up which is pretty damn impressive, coupled with the fact Sony, Apple and Microsoft and many other hardware manufacturers are signed up to use AMD FSR3.0 this is only good for the consumer in the long run.

nVidia can continue to improve DLSS and lock it behind expensive purchases while the masses enjoy advanced features across multiple platforms. Look at gsync/freesync, sure gsync is better but it was so expensive in comparison freesync just won.

I think people have become a bit obcessed with upscaling technologies, and so DLSS gets a huge amount of attention from tech journalists, simply because the proportion of Nvidia cards in use is much greater than other competing companies.

To me, these will always be inferior to increasing display resolution.

4K native resolution is still not mainstream, or achievable for most GPUs, so naturally people focus on the next best thing, e.g. 1440p upscaled to an output somewhat resembling 4K.

Frame generation (Nvidia or AMD implementations) is a more interesting technology in my opinion, particularly if it becomes very widely adopted.

There's been a fair bit of negativity towards AMD's driver based fluid motion frames, but for now it's just a beta, and limited to AMD cards, so naturally is gonna be rejected by some.

Last edited:
HDR looks nice on a IPS panel, but entirely optional.

It's ideal for watching films on.

Lots of people wouldn't benefit from adding HDR support, as many displays don't support HDR.

I doubt i'll upgrade for another few years, eventually 4K high refresh monitors will be cheap.

you mean proper HDR right ? some marketing BS goes on with allowing to put HDR sticker on and its vey noticable compared to screens that offer proper HDR

Back
Top Bottom