• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD's FSR3 possibly next month ?

you mean proper HDR right ? some marketing BS goes on with allowing to put HDR sticker on and its vey noticable compared to screens that offer proper HDR
I mean the new mod adding support for FSR3 to RTX GPUs. There's little incentive to add HDR support when lots of monitors can't enable this option (as shown in Windows).

People coding this stuff for free aren't gonna fork out for new hardware, but I suppose they might let someone else set up a fork of their code projects, maybe when it's further along.

Last edited:
Just tested latest version (0.50)...............

Get in! HDR now works and my custom resolutions work fine with no issues - no weird frame pacing stutters.

I've Only still tested in Cyberpunk but essentially 30 series cards now have DLSS frame gen! And you can still use DLSS for upscaling rather than FSR so it's a win win. This is truly incredible stuff and what I've been waiting for!

Last edited:
Just tested latest version (0.50)...............

Get in! HDR now works and my custom resolutions work fine with no issues - no weird frame pacing stutters.

I've Only still tested in Cyberpunk but essentially 30 series cards now have DLSS frame gen! And you can still use DLSS for upscaling rather than FSR so it's a win win. This is truly incredible stuff and what I've been waiting for!

Yep!!!

It's bloody amazing, and to think Nvidia were lying all this time too

Just need to fix the bad ghosting in certain games, and it will be perfect

UPDATE - Alan Wake 2 works perfectly (edit not perfect, slight ghosting) too with v0.50 and HDR also works (no crashing!) This is incredible, I can now play AW2 with path tracing and DLSS quality. My 3090 lives on!

**** you 4090! What a lovely early Christmas present. How do you donate to this guy? < Just seen link on his github. Throw this man some cash people! https://ko-fi.com/nukem9

Time to test every DLSS frame gen supported game I've got....

Last edited:
Yep!!!

It's bloody amazing, and to think Nvidia were lying all this time too

Just need to fix the bad ghosting in certain games, and it will be perfect
Again this.

You can enjoy the ******** frame gen version without pretending to know anything about how the 2 different versions work. Nvidia would only be lying if their superior version would run on any other card other than the 4x series. Which it does not, and still is superior. So no lies, just feefees.

Yup hdr is now working, thanks amd for my free upgrade :cry:

But in all seriousness, it does work well for improving motion fluidity and is without a doubt the best FSR 3 FG experience I have tried yet even compared to the official integrations. Based on my experience with nvidias frame gen, nvidias is still quite a bit ahead but that's to be expected given their lead in time, experience and using a hardware approach.

I'll defo be using this for when my base fps is 60 but doubt I'll use it for fps lower than that (same as with nvidias frame gen except I would be willing to drop to base 50 fps for nvidias frame gen since it handles it better and the fake fps output feels/looks more like how it really would if it were native fps value)

I understand people are a little protective on their "stuff" but the tribalism around dlss is just bonkers, sure it's a good system and it works really well, but you are restricted in hardware choice which is anti-consumer, and even more so when you want to use the latest iteration of dlss which is restricted to the newest hardware only.

Now I know AMD FMF is hardware restricted (7x00 and 6x00 series only) but FSR3.0 works on everything including the nVidia 2x00 series and AMD RX 580 series cards and up which is pretty damn impressive, coupled with the fact Sony, Apple and Microsoft and many other hardware manufacturers are signed up to use AMD FSR3.0 this is only good for the consumer in the long run.

nVidia can continue to improve DLSS and lock it behind expensive purchases while the masses enjoy advanced features across multiple platforms. Look at gsync/freesync, sure gsync is better but it was so expensive in comparison freesync just won.

If you want the best and a viable option then there is no alternative but to pay up to get that better/premium experience or decide that you won't use xyz features enough to justify the extra cost. Personally AMDs FSR 2 is a no go for me so I'm effecitvely locked into nvidia now and if I wasn't then I would have to substantially sacrifice graphical settings in order to hit said fps, even if I had a 4090 level gpu (running at 3440x1440 144hz and 4k)

Ultimately I don't see this being a problem with how nvidia do things, it's how they do their business and clearly given their value and market share, it's working very well for them, they are providing a service which they own and continuously work on where as with amd, their business practice is to be open source and let the community charge on with it and realistically, the main reason they "embrace" this path is because whether we like it or not, they are always last and their solutions simply aren't as good as evidenced, it would be suicide for them as a company to try and charge and lock features down especially when the adoption rate is pretty slow, with the way amd are doing things, they don't get as much slack because "it's free [even though they advertise it on the box so it is being sold as part of the gpu package but I digress....] and everyone can use it", can you imagine what people/sites would say if they locked down features and started charging exactly the same as nvidia?

Last edited:
Here's The Witcher 3 Frame Generation + HDR... Awesome :D

Clipboard03.jpg

Ratchet + Clank and Witcher 3 both working with HDR and frame gen. So it seems like HDR being on crashing games with this mod is now fixed with the latest release.

However in Ratchet + Clank and Witcher 3 I get awful ghosting on moving/ camera panning especially around UI elements. Not really usable. Is this likely to be fixable in this mod do we think?

Update - Alan Wake 2 has very slight ghosting on camera panning on objects on screen. The UI elements seem fine though! Cyberpunk seems to be great all round.

Is there an up to date list of games that have DLSS frame gen? Want to test some more......

Last edited:
My question to you in that case would be, why?

Why is fsr2 a no go, because for most people unless you specifically look for flaws it's pretty difficult to tell the difference.

I don't use any upscaling myself and prefer to run native even if it means a slightly lower frame rate.

Because FSR 2 upscaling does not provide a good experience for me, it breaks my immersion when gaming since temporal stability is not handled well thus you get shimmering/aliasing, jaggies (which is exagerated because of amd applying sharpening) and this is even more noticeable when at lower fps and lower res (especially if using lower presets) but I'm sensitive to such things (especially on oled where the pixel response time is instantaneous i.e. not LCD display where such things can get masked/hidden due to the slow response time thus blur hiding things) where as others simply don't notice, which is fine.

Not using upscaling these days is also a no go otherwise I have to sacrifice things such as RT or higher graphical settings which impacts the overall IQ significantly and will offer a worse experience than higher/maxed settings with dlss. The only gpu somewhat capable of a 60+ fps experience @ 1440p without relying on upscaling or/and frame gen is the 4090 (and 7900xt(x) for raster)

Ratchet + Clank and Witcher 3 both working with HDR and frame gen. So it seems like HDR being on crashing games with this mod is now fixed with the latest release.

However in Ratchet + Clank and Witcher 3 I get awful ghosting on moving/ camera panning especially around UI elements. Not really usable. Is this likely to be fixable in this mod do we think?

Update - Alan Wake 2 has very slight ghosting on camera panning on objects on screen. The UI elements seem fine though! Cyberpunk seems to be great all round.

Is there an up to date list of games that have DLSS frame gen? Want to test some more......

Since that's more on the game devs and where/how it is integrated into the games, I would imagine not but could be wrong.

I couldn't get it working on hogwarts due to the different file structure but that may be fixed with the newer version now. Will try later.

Works in Starfield with AutoHDR. No weird ghosting on game or hud elements either, but the framepacing is ever so slightly off. It's perfectly smooth without using the mod, with the mod there are v slight judders on camera pans, so all in all I wouldn't use it yet for this game.

Need to try some games now that have different file folder type structure (ie the game's exe is separate to all the default nv dll files etc)
Apparently some games (eg Spiderman) and those with odd file structure only work if you use DLSSTweaks and the DLSSTweaks version of the mod. Not tested yet as I've never used DLSSTweaks but its on Nexus https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/550

Last edited:
Seems hit and miss depending on the game from my experience so far. Funnily the best one so far is ark survival ascended, despite how poor that game is for performance especially for the base fps, the game feels and looks far better with frame gen on. Thank god for being able to use it with a good quality upscaler.

Don't forget btw, don't be using this with MP/online games as this will be seen as a cheat.

Tried setting up in Hogwarts Legacy. Read that the DLSSTweaks version and method should work so I've tried but no joy at all. Anyone any luck with this method for the games with obscure file structure?

Last edited:
Tried setting up in Hogwarts Legacy. Read that the DLSSTweaks version should work so I've tried but no joy at all. Anyone any luck with this method for the games with obscure file structure?
Hogwarts Legacy\Phoenix\Binaries\Win64

Not using dlss tweaks

Last edited:
Robocop Rogue City works and seems to be perfect. Interesting thing about this one is I'm using SpecialK injection to force HDR and v.5 of this mod still works with that! Amazing stuff.

The other cool thing is, to enable frame gen you have to set DLSS upscaling on first, but once you've done this once you can then set upscaling back to TSR which gets rid of all the lumen noise artefacts on the roads etc. Great stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom