• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD's FSR3 possibly next month ?

Soldato
You have a RX 7900 XT, so it has to be the Lukefz mod, version 0.8 is working well for me in the Witcher and Cyberpunk.

For the Witcher, just drop the files for FSR 2.0 in the game folder /EXE folder.

Cyberpunk uses FSR 2.1.

Last edited:
Soldato
You have a RX 7900 XT, so it has to be the Lukefz mod, version 0.8 is working well for me in the Witcher and Cyberpunk.

For the Witcher, just drop the files for FSR 2.0 in the game folder /EXE folder.

Cyberpunk uses FSR 2.1.
Oh right, didn't realise that. Not really read anything about either mod yet tbh. Just been playing Cyberpunk at native res currently with raytracing off. I'm already getting well over 100fps so don't really need the mod just fancied haing a play to see what all the fuss is about.

Soldato
Noice:

24th Jan, new Driver update coming. With hopefully some decent AMFM functionality, that works in almost every game.

Personally, I stopped using the beta/experimental drivers a month or so ago, didn't seem worth it.

I guess I'll try not to get my hopes up. But I hope it works in poorly optimised games like Age of Wonders 4, might even be able to play it at a half decent framerate...

I imagine it will work in games like Warhammer III as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
Noice:

24th Jan, new Driver update coming. With hopefully some decent AMFM functionality, that works in almost every game.

Personally, I stopped using the beta/experimental drivers a month or so ago, didn't seem worth it.

I guess I'll try not to get my hopes up. But I hope it works in poorly optimised games like Age of Wonders 4, might even be able to play it at a half decent framerate...

I imagine it will work in games like Warhammer III as well.

Fluid Motion looks hideous, you're better off just reducing the settings if you need more fps.
Unless this new driver pulling it out of beta changes it massively. But I doubt that's going to happen. It's a nice idea but I can't see any use case where this would trump simply reducing the settings

Soldato
I haven't a seen neutral person who likes fluid frames, everyone says don't use it and the reason is it increases input latency and decreases image quality and introduces image artefacts and there is no benefit for your sacrifice, the image is not smoother. You can say fluid frames is like taking a water pill with side effects, a placebo effect that also harms your experience.

Last edited:
Soldato
I haven't a seen neutral person who likes fluid frames, everyone says don't use it and the reason is
Fluid Motion looks hideous
Ignorance is bliss from my fellow Nv users. :o

My 79XTX@1440p, AFOP Unobtanium FSR3+FMF on latest Preview driver is laughing at these comments!

AMD get mocked for always copying Nv, so now they've had 3/4 months in Beta and are about to launch on 24/0124 the first to market AMD FMF driver with exclusive tech for their product line bottom to top, and then mocked again. :(

Anyway, the fps are that high you can't notice FMF movement enabling/disabling in combination with FSR3 and that's just on a 5800X@1440p, a 7800X3D even higher no doubt.

Yes Nv is better at everything else, but whether anyone likes it or not, that's AMD coming from 1-0 down to 2-1 AMD on FG techs in a very, very short space of time.

Edit

And before any Nv user shows their opinion on "proof" as fact, with vids, before posting "proof", find any major channel that's tried 79XTX@1440p, AFOP Unobtanium FSR3+FMF on any new driver since they tested it at launch.:)

Last edited:
Caporegime
You have an RTX 4090 though, how many games are you not already getting satisfactory performance in, at 1440p or 4K resolution?

A 4090 even with upscaling is not enough if you're a high refresh rate gamer, especially at 4k. A lot of games over the last year don't run that well without upscaling (or reducing settings) and in some cases frame gen is required.

Ignorance is bliss from my fellow Nv users. :o

My 79XTX@1440p, AFOP Unobtanium FSR3+FMF on latest Preview driver is laughing at these comments!

AMD get mocked for always copying Nv, so now they've had 3/4 months in Beta and are about to launch on 24/0124 the first to market AMD FMF driver with exclusive tech for their product line bottom to top, and then mocked again. :(

Anyway, the fps are that high you can't notice FMF movement enabling/disabling in combination with FSR3 and that's just on a 5800X@1440p, a 7800X3D even higher no doubt.

Yes Nv is better at everything else, but whether anyone likes it or not, that's AMD coming from 1-0 down to 2-1 AMD on FG techs in a very, very short space of time.

Edit

And before any Nv user shows their opinion on "proof" as fact, with vids, before posting "proof", find any major channel that's tried 79XTX@1440p, AFOP Unobtanium FSR3+FMF on any new driver since they tested it at launch.:)

I thought your 7900xtx was smashing everything at native 4k? ;)

I can't speak for anyone else, but my 79XTX is absolutely smashing high refresh 4K 65" QD-Oled FREEsync Premium couch gaming.

I can't comment on the FMF since can't use it but if it is anything like the injection of FSR 3 then I'm sure it does work well and probably better than the official FSR 3 integration? However, does the quality of it depend on the game like the mod does? Some games it works great, others not so great. Better to have than not to have though obviously.

The official FSR 3 integration is still crap though in avatar and I haven't seen any patches to the game to fix the evidenced issues with frame pacing and UI, which makes it a no go imo. Does combining FMF and FSR fix somehow fix this? If so, be great to see some videos showcasing it as we had review outlets praising how good FSR 3 was even though when we had proper in depth look, it wasn't free of issues like claimed.

Last edited:
Soldato
A 4090 even with upscaling is not enough if you're a high refresh rate gamer, especially at 4k. A lot of games over the last year don't run that well without upscaling (or reducing settings) and in some cases frame gen is required.
You can get 60 FPS (1% lows) in nearly all titles with an RTX 4090.

Even Alan wake II:

And Cyberpunk + Phantom Liberty:

There's a couple of really demanding games like Avatar II and Starfield that can't quite reach 60:

But there's only a few titles like this.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You can get 60 FPS (1% lows) in nearly all titles with an RTX 4090.

Even Alan wake II:

And Cyberpunk + Phantom Liberty:

There's a couple of really demanding games like Avatar II and Starfield that can't quite reach 60:

But there's only a few titles like this.

That great if you're happy with 60 fps though but not so much if you're gaming on a high refresh rate monitor, personally I want at least 80 FPS and ideally 120+ fps

Soldato
I thought your 7900xtx was smashing everything at native 4k? ;)
It's still smashing everything I play at 4K, AFOP looks incredible in the settings I use, best looking game I've ever played, already posted AFOP screenshot data with native running 90+ FPS AVG fps@4K.

Unobtanium it can't do, but I never claimed it smashes everything at maxed out settings@4K, but obviously your adding your own context to what I said and running with it...
Are you deliberately being obtuse here? Or trolling? If trolling, maybe read the stickied post at the top of this sub-forum.

I can't comment on the FMF since can't use it but if it is anything like the injection of FSR 3 then I'm sure it does work well and probably better than the official FSR 3 integration? However, does the quality of it depend on the game like the mod does? Some games it works great, others not so great. Better to have than not to have though obviously.

The official FSR 3 integration is still crap though in avatar and I haven't seen any patches to the game to fix the evidenced issues with frame pacing and UI, which makes it a no go imo. Does combining FMF and FSR fix somehow fix this? If so, be great to see some videos showcasing it as we had review outlets praising how good FSR 3 was even though when we had proper in depth look, it wasn't free of issues like claimed.
My comment stated 1440p for clarity, that's on the 165Hz 27" panel.

Need to test on the 65" first as the bigger panel will probably highlight the UI elements poorly where it very well could be a better experience running native 4K-for that panel as FG isn't a magic bullet

27" 1440p however, I don't notice the UI blur as it's a much smaller screen.

Just a gentle reminder, FSR3 runs better on AMD, a 3080 isn't indicative of AMD performance using FSR3, all your seeing is a 3080 running FSR3.

Your experience isn't indicative of the capabilities of FSR3.

If DLSS3 ran on your 3080, would you compare it and complain because it can't match the 4090's output or would you think it matched the same output?

Caporegime
It's still smashing everything I play at 4K, AFOP looks incredible in the settings I use, best looking game I've ever played, already posted AFOP screenshot data with native running 90+ FPS AVG fps@4K.

Unobtanium it can't do, but I never claimed it smashes everything at maxed out settings@4K, but obviously your adding your own context to what I said and running with it...

My comment stated 1440p for clarity, that's on the 165Hz 27" panel.

Need to test on the 65" first as the bigger panel will probably highlight the UI elements poorly where it very well could be a better experience running native 4K-for that panel as FG isn't a magic bullet

27" 1440p however, I don't notice the UI blur as it's a much smaller screen.

Just a gentle reminder, FSR3 runs better on AMD, a 3080 isn't indicative of AMD performance using FSR3, all your seeing is a 3080 running FSR3.

Your experience isn't indicative of the capabilities of FSR3.

If DLSS3 ran on your 3080, would you compare it and complain because it can't match the 4090's output or would you think it matched the same output?

Well you have made many comments before about using native and never upscaling so maybe now you're playing the games where your gpus don't have enough grunt thus you "need/prefer" upscaling over reducing settings? So wouldn't you agree, pick your poison? For what it is worth though, I personally didn't find the unobtanium to look that much better.

The UI issues are just as obvious on 4k and 1440, at least based on my testing on the 4k55" oled and 34" 3440x1440hz oled, which is quite distracting since the ui takes up such a large chunk of the display. The issue with the UI is not blurring but that there is screen tearing in the UI boxes and iirc, it is running at 30hz compared to the game itself so it almost feels/looks like you have a half and half experience.

Perhaps it has changed but I haven't seen anything since the last in depth looks comparing nvidia and amd with fsr 3 to run any differently? The issues in avatar and other games are also exhibited on amd hardware too as per findings by DF etc. But again, maybe there has been an update here? If so, be great to see some actual sources/evidence showing this is the case (as shown before when claims have been made on fsr 3 and other technology capabilities, when some proper in depth testing came along, it showed otherwise...)

Of course not because we all know that dlss 3/fg uses hardware called optical flow accelerator and the one found in ada is much more powerful than the ampere one. FSR 3 output seems to be similar (obviously ignoring your base fps given this has the main impact on how good FG regardless of nvidia/amd will look), I'm more than happy to be proven/shown that FSR 3 runs better on amd hardware though. I do know RDNA 3 has the extra anti lag feature to use but iirc, this may have rolled out to rdna 2 now? But alas, this is just for latency, not the other stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
We're not running on what you state as gospel though, you might think we are but that's only yourself to blame for projecting your very limited Nv experiences as fact.

Your 3080 FSR3 testing is irrelevant to a 79XTX running FSR3 and FMF-whether it's your 4K medium sized screen, your UW, v's my experience on a my 4K QD-Oled 65" panel or 27" 1440p panel.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's not what I state as I can't comment since I don't have an amd gpu to use FMF, I'm going by reputable sources and other people who do have both and who post evidence to back up their findings. Sorry I don't go by "trust me bro" posts with no evidence especially after FSR 3 release and the avatar issues as evidenced by DF/Alex etc.

Most recent thing we have is Daniel Owen in terms of FSR 3 and FMF:

Like I said, maybe there has been an update or something? If so, surely must be some eviedence you can post? Not sure why you're so opposed to doing that? It's not hard nor time consuming (15 minutes at most to record and upload) and it would solidify your points on this.

TBH, doesn't really matter anyway as I'm sure we will get some footage from reputable sources with evidence soon enough especially if AMD have solved the issues like you claim.

Soldato
Meanwhile, there's this:

At least there's the option there...

Personally, I will try it out on release. If the issue with camera movement, which leads to fluid motion being disabled (and a sudden dip in framerate) is still there, I doubt I will use it, as I only have use for something that improves 1% lows. They should let the user decide how this 'feature' actually works.

If not, then there's always FSR3 mods for games supporting FSR2...

Last edited:
Caporegime
Meanwhile, there's this:

At least there's the option there...

Personally, I will try it out on release. If the issue with camera movement, which leads to fluid motion being disabled (and a sudden dip in framerate) is still there, I doubt I will use it, as I only have use for something that improves 1% lows. They should let the user decide how this 'feature' actually works.

If not, then there's always FSR3 mods for games supporting FSR2...

Shots fired! :D

I would be curious to know if NVIDIA feels now they have to match what we've done in making some of these solutions driver-based

AMD driver injection is definetly a big pro but unless shown otherwise, amd are missing the memo here.... they are way behind on the quality of their upscaling especially the further you go down the presets and res. and arguably still behind on frame generation (until proven otherwise), which as somewhat shown by polls, means no one is using their upscaling unless absolutely neccasry or if possible they use xess instead since according to hubs video, xess is ahead in iq.

I think what we're gonna start seeing, DLSS is only available on certain solutions, so either NVIDIA is going to have to benefit from our solution because we did make it open-source and cross-vendor, or they're probably going to need to do something similar.

Haven't we been hearing that DLSS is dead since FSR 1 got released?

Essentially he sums it up in the end:

I mean, the competition will never end, right? We'll have new technologies, they (NVIDIA) will have new technologies

But the thing that amd need to do to set themselves apart here is beat nvidia to the game with new innovative tech and not simply follow what nvidia do months/years later. Having driver based method is one example of where amd have beat nvidia to the punch though.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's not what I state as I can't comment since I don't have an amd gpu to use FMF, I'm going by reputable sources and other people who do have both and who post evidence to back up their findings. Sorry I don't go by "trust me bro" posts with no evidence especially after FSR 3 release and the avatar issues as evidenced by DF/Alex etc.

Most recent thing we have is Daniel Owen in terms of FSR 3 and FMF:

Like I said, maybe there has been an update or something? If so, surely must be some eviedence you can post? Not sure why you're so opposed to doing that? It's not hard nor time consuming (15 minutes at most to record and upload) and it would solidify your points on this.

TBH, doesn't really matter anyway as I'm sure we will get some footage from reputable sources with evidence soon enough especially if AMD have solved the issues like you claim.
And there we have it,your opinion Isn't proof from an out of date 3 month old vid running launch FMF that doesn't include any data from a driver released a few days ago running AFOP FSR3+FMF @1440p.

First time I've mentioned a positive experience running FG on AMD and you are all over it.
:cry:

Bear with me till I down tools, walk out of work and create a vid for you to disagree with, we all know your not going to accept it regardless because NV didn't get first to market on a tech.

Last edited:
Caporegime
And there we have it,your opinion Isn't proof from an out of date 3 month old vid running launch FMF that doesn't include any data from a driver released a few days ago running AFOP FSR3+FMF @1440p.

First time I've mentioned a positive experience running FG on AMD and you are all over it.
:cry:

Bear with me till I down tools, walk out of work and create a vid for you to disagree with, we all know your not going to accept it regardless because NV didn't get first to market on a tech.

If so, surely must be some eviedence you can post? Not sure why you're so opposed to doing that? It's not hard nor time consuming (15 minutes at most to record and upload) and it would solidify your points on this.

?

I never said my opinion is proof? I've said I'm not going to believe anything until there is actual evidence to show what you are stating especially when we look at history of where such claims were debunked with evidence. Why does that stance offend you so much?

Like I said, sorry if I don't take what you say as gospel given we have had claims before which have been debunked by actual evidence. Not sure why you're taking so much offense to that? I just don't do "trust me bro" posts, simple as that, that's not my problem if you have issue with that.

I've already posted plenty of positive notes on the modded FSR 3 into games and as you know, I have been using it myself on cp 2077 so why would I be all over your post for you posting something positive? You posted that it works great combining FSR 3 and FMF hence why I asked does it resolve the issues which are evidenced with FSR 3 in avatar? Which you still haven't shown me proof of other than saying you don't notice it, this does not prove that such issues are fixed....

I'm obviously not expecting a video right here and now, you could just simply come back with "sure I'll get to it when I have some time" or if you don't want to, simply say "I'm not wasting time doing that, xyz will be along with their own footage to show it soon".

Back
Top Bottom