• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD's FSR3 possibly next month ?

Soldato
I'm thinking about going to my local library with a £50 note, photocopying it a load of times, and then buy an AMD GPU with it.

If they're giving us a load of fake frames, I'm sure they won't mind me paying for them with fake money lol :p:cry:

Pay with crypto, same thing. If you've mined some so far, it will be the same, printing your own make believe currency for so called make believe frames. :)

Last edited:
Soldato

FSR3 will support 2 games Forspoken and Immortals of Aveum soon. :cry:

So it seemed Starfield will not have FSR3 support. :cry:

Soldato

FSR3 will support 2 games Forspoken and Immortals of Aveum soon. :cry:

So it seemed Starfield will not have FSR3 support. :cry:
That would be a big error if so. Starfield with FSR 3 would be a massive win for AMD if it is good and supports a wider range of GPUs.

Caporegime
I wish I could say I'm surprised..... :p :cry:

Also, this?

While AMD has officially confirmed that FSR is coming soon, unfortunately, they have not yet provided a specific release date.

So still no release date?

Sadly, I put money on it that this will suffer the same fate with FSR 1 and 2 and all of amds other game tech features, slow and/or **** poor uptake and more than likely will be a hit and miss on its implementation, probably more miss if history is anything to go by. They need to drop this "over the fence and hands of approach to let the community do as they please" approach as it clearly isn't working for their tech now.

EDIT:

Just me or is that not a poor increase in fps too, bearing in mind it is using FSR performance mode? Would say most of the performance gain is coming from the upscaling there....

dtEuAFv.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Some disgruntled Ampere users, hopefully AMD don't lock it down and it won't be too long for you to finally try frame gen.

If anything like FSR 1/2, most people will be turning it off anyway due to the poor quality, you get what you pay for after all.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
Videocardz has found out that FSR3 will be coming to Forspoken and Immortals of Aveum. But they do not know the release date of this

No mention of Starfield, which MLID claimed multiple times will launch with FSR lmao

Last edited:
Soldato
Videocardz has found out that FSR3 will be coming to Forspoken and Immortals of Aveum. But they do not know the release date of this

No mention of Starfield, which MLID claimed multiple times will launch with FSR lmao

So they have frame gen too? So moar fake frames war will start between Nvidia and AMD? :cry:

Last edited:
Caporegime
I rather they lock it down tbh

Yup, they would be better of taking ownership of their tech and probably going closed source way now assuming they are serious about getting their tech into games.... but given that what only 2-3 consoles games STILL only have FSR, this kind of says it all tbh...... Also, read their official github page of the open/closed issues for the repo where you see developers asking questions on issues with fsr regarding how to update the fsr version yourself (same way rtx owners can do with dlss). Essentially, you can't because of the way amd have created FSR, they have done it in such a way so it's entirely up to the developers how it gets implemented and compiled, which is a good thing in its own right i.e. more choice for developers to choose what works best for them and not be restricted to one way dictated by said vendor but like I have always said before based on my own experience, this is also a big con especially if the vendor i.e. amd don't provide any support/guidance to assist.

I think I am justified. The question is were Nvidia lying about it not being possible to make frame generation work well on Ampere and older.

This has already been answered, ada has a significantly more powerful optical flow accelerator that makes it possible for ada to provide a good experience in terms of low latency increase as well as IQ iirc, so the reason they haven't enabled it is they don't want to get "crap reports/posts of how it sucks on anything but ada" which is probably a good thing (assuming that is true) as can you imagine how many articles and posts there would be here slamming how poor dlss 3/FG is.....

It'll be interesting to see amds version though as supposedly nvidia have been working on theirs for 6 years (even before dlss came along) especially around lag. I'm not expecting good results outside of their 2-3 PR/sponsored games especially considering how far behind they are in the upscaling department but who knows, they could knock it out of the park here....

Back
Top Bottom