US: American Gods - Starts May 1st Amazon / Starz (Wheres the post?)

Man of Honour
I think/hope they are saving some stuff for another season as there are quite a few elements that have been thrown in and not really explained, expanded on or used much - you get like a brief glimpse in some origin story type scene and then something related in another scene later and that is the only use of it.

Soldato
I think this weeks episode could have been wrapped up quicker and pushed forward with other parts, didn't need a full 50 minutes for a vague backstory on the Leprechaun.

Gutted that the finale is next week, considering other shows get 20+ episodes for a first run and we only get 8 for AG.

Soldato
Definitely needs more episodes for a season.

8 is pathetic when there is so much more story to be told and they seem to like telling it the slow way.

I get the gist it's old gods vs new gods but it's still vary vague 7 episodes in!

Man of Honour
I thought it was overcompensating with the artsy stuff and not enough content - while I like that it doesn't hold your hand on every detail I've not found its trajectory very satisfying overall. I'm at a point where I'm not sure if I really care where it goes from here or not assuming there is another season.

Permabanned
Thoroughly enjoyed almost every episode. Seems to be a lot of people annoyed by the ambiguity of it all but hey ho, I'm a Twin Peaks fan... ambiguity is what I live for xD

I think it fits the tone. Not only because the central premise of the show is so overwhelmingly absurd, but also because Shadow is equally as confused throughout.

I loved it personally and thought it all wrapped up very well. Though, from what I know of the book, there'll be a fair few fans that'll be annoyed the reveal didn't happen where it should have...

Permabanned
Definitely needs more episodes for a season.

8 is pathetic when there is so much more story to be told and they seem to like telling it the slow way.

I get the gist it's old gods vs new gods but it's still vary vague 7 episodes in!

Apparently they had to do a lot of restructuring due to budget constraints. The reveal in the books is considerably more grand, they decided to ditch that in order to layer the budget across the whole series. I kind of admire that...

XPE

XPE

Soldato
This felt like a show that was cancelled 8 episodes into its season rather than the plan for the full season.

Soldato
OP
Apparently they had to do a lot of restructuring due to budget constraints. The reveal in the books is considerably more grand, they decided to ditch that in order to layer the budget across the whole series. I kind of admire that...

I can see them building what was this seasons finale's reveal, into 3-4 episodes of season 2. House on the rock is somewhere i wanted to visit after reading the book, I've loved this season, I honestly thought they would have plough-through the book, but it looks like amazon really do want to get many seasons out of this. I'm all for it an can't wait for season 2!!

Soldato
Watched the last episode this morning and sad that it's already ended, Enjoyed all of it so far even if ep7 was slow and didn't need a full episode, The visuals throughout just ooze Bryan Fuller (if you've watched Hannibal you can see the same there)

Ended strong and gave us a tease of the power that Mr Wednesday has. Kristin Chenoweth stole the screen imo similar to how Gal Gadot did in WW.

Thankfully it's been announced that s2 will have 10 episodes but I can't see them coming out till this time next year :(

Soldato
Only watched first 5 episodes, but really enjoying it so far. Haven't read the book, still lots of it I have no idea whats going on. But damn does it look good, and is very entertaining.

Man of Honour
There is definitely some good bits - there are a few elements like the arty visuals that are kind of a crutch at times though without that and some at times sharp dialogue it would have fallen flat on its face really. Also if you aren't atleast basically aware of the common themes in mythology you'll probably be pretty lost by what is going on.

Back
Top Bottom