Android mini pc (MK802). Anyone got one ?

Associate
I am typing this reply using a ug802 which is one of the newer android mini pcs. It has the RK3066 chipset which has a dual core cpu which scales fom 1.2ghz to 1.6ghz. The Antutu benchmark is the same as a Samsung Galaxy S2. There are reports of Wifi issues but I have done the "fix" of running the wifi antenna through the case so it's external and I am now getting 18 to 20 MBits near the router which is the same as my Galaxy S3.

I am extremely pleased with mine, there are audio sync issues on videos but this will be fixed by a custom rom.

Tried running a xbox controller to play some games but it didnt work, again will be fixed by a custom rom. Tried Shadowgun and it looked more than decent.

Associate
I am typing this reply using a ug802 which is one of the newer android mini pcs. It has the RK3066 chipset which has a dual core cpu which scales fom 1.2ghz to 1.6ghz. The Antutu benchmark is the same as a Samsung Galaxy S2. There are reports of Wifi issues but I have done the "fix" of running the wifi antenna through the case so it's external and I am now getting 18 to 20 MBits near the router which is the same as my Galaxy S3.

I am extremely pleased with mine, there are audio sync issues on videos but this will be fixed by a custom rom.

Tried running a xbox controller to play some games but it didnt work, again will be fixed by a custom rom. Tried Shadowgun and it looked more than decent.

The ug is just a rename off mk they have the same chip.

Do you have a photos off the aerial mod you made ?

Kenneth.

Associate
placed order on 28 september, had to follow up week later ie 8th october, still have not recieved item.

kenneth.

to date 10 days, although it stated 15-30 business days, have to wait a bit more.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
placed order on 28 september, had to follow up week later ie 8th october, still have not recieved item.

kenneth.

to date 10 days, although it stated 15-30 business days, have to wait a bit more.

It's from china, it will be at least 20 days and more like 30.

Does XBMC run well on Android, or rather will it run well on the MK808? This thing looks fascinating!!
Zero point getting the mk808 it is pretty leggy, just got the ug up and running and it's pretty smooth. Haven't tried it out fully yet.

However the wifi is much worse 50% signal in the same room as the router.

No idea on xbmc I don't use it.

Man of Honour
Hiapad hi-802 is a quad core pc-on-a-stick
Sale next month for $89

:) these are getting improvements so far, dual core seems good enough. Now I've tested it out on bedroom tv. Think ill get the quad core for the lounge.

I wish they came with an external aerial port for wifi.

Man of Honour
Been using the ug802 for a few days now and it's night and day better than the mk802 there is next to no lag and works like a dream for streaming netflix (apart from wifi issue, but can either mod or just use a USB to network adapter). I don't like the media interface on it though, wish they had just stuck to vanilla android. But as we all know you can find roms if you so wish.

Caporegime
Been using the ug802 for a few days now and it's night and day better than the mk802 there is next to no lag and works like a dream for streaming netflix (apart from wifi issue, but can either mod or just use a USB to network adapter). I don't like the media interface on it though, wish they had just stuck to vanilla android. But as we all know you can find roms if you so wish.

Excellent - I will buy this now. ROMs easy to flash/bootloader unlocked? Doesn't the MK have a Mali GPU? How does the Vivante GC2000 GPU fair?

Man of Honour
Excellent - I will buy this now. ROMs easy to flash/bootloader unlocked? Doesn't the MK have a Mali GPU? How does the Vivante GC2000 GPU fair?

No idea. And this is not the MK it's a UG two different models.

Haven't found a stable rom yet, so haven't tried. One rom is very close to being stable, so hopfully the next release will be stable.

I have had it "crash" a couple of times, just tottaly unresponsive to input. Pulled plug out and put back in sorted it. Other than that still no issues. Really need a vanilla android rom though.

Caporegime
Just received an email regarding several Android mini PCs. The one that has caught my eye doesn't appear to have a make but it's powered by the RK3066 Dual-core 1.6GHz & Quad-core Mali-400. It comes with 4.1 - I presume stock? Seems a steal for £45 but not sure if I should wait for the quad core Hiapad quad core A9.

Caporegime
Hhhmmm decisions. I noticed some versions come with dual WiFi antenas/modules, will they preform better considering some of the WiFi issues these devices have? If the UG802 is noticeably better than the MK802 as you said - could just go with that. I guess if there is a will, someone will get stock 4.1 on them soon enough?

Thanks for your input Glaucus :)

Man of Honour
The ug is day and night better than the MK.

That custom rom allows you to either use the custom Ui or stock android, but its not totally stable yet, the next version they are hopping to be stable.

Back
Top Bottom