Antec Core HS / Ayaneo Slide Handheld PC Console (Questions & Support thread)

Thanks, was mostly just curious whether it was by design to include the contrasting version :D
As I said I'll barely use it (probably just when I stay at my parent's to look after their dog) so won't be changing it (unless I can do it at zero cost :P )

Edit: was also really impressed at the inclusion of 2 USB A-C adapters, really nice touch :)

Last edited:
Thanks, was mostly just curious whether it was by design to include the contrasting version :D
As I said I'll barely use it (probably just when I stay at my parent's to look after their dog) so won't be changing it (unless I can do it at zero cost :P )

Edit: was also really impressed at the inclusion of 2 USB A-C adapters, really nice touch :)

Yes they made sure to give you everything you need right out of the box, I noticed that too and thought what a great idea as many of us don't have a USB C thumb drive/external storage/keyboards/mice,etc for example and the adapters come in handy and not having to now go order them and wait again to use the device.

I see why people pay AyaNeo a lot for their gear now, nice packaging, everything you need right out of the box and quality build.. Well this is my first time buying their hardware and was so impressed as you guys know I got two of them, rare I ever do that with anything but when I do like something I do buy more than one...

Example of things I have more than one of the same thing keyboard (2 spare) and mice (lol 5 sat spare in a draw), I dislike change when I find something I like. This Antec Core HS fell into that for me as very rare I like something in that way.

Last edited:
I have been playing with Bazzite https://bazzite.gg/ on my white Antec Core HS and it's pretty good so far, some minor issues but if you like a more SteamOS like experience it can be done if you like to tinker with Linux and I'm just dual booting it for now to keep windows too, but may in future just keep a SteamOS Linux OS on permanently on that device and keep the black one just windows 11.

Link above and if you feel like tinkering on yours, but I recommend you make a clone of your device first so to keep the factory recovery partition and your current windows installation if ever needed or to easily restore back to how it was before tinkering.

Other SteamOS like OS's mentioned here too, that will probably work a bit better on this device, but still testing and trying to get my brain back to Linux mode again.

EDIT:-

Just a little warning about installing Bazzite, it sometimes randomly reboots or just locks up, seems not 100% compatible yet but does it randomly, sometimes could be hours of use other times a few minutes, so if you are easily frustrated and don't know how to use linux and figure out issues maybe avoid for now and I'm going to send them some feedback and hopefully they put fixes in too.

Last edited:
Hello everyone.
A piece of info: but is it just me if I set the memory speed to 7500mhz or 7000mhz the handheld (16gb/hd 512gb) restarts? Does it happen to anyone else?
Both with windows and with bazzite os.
If I leave the memory at 6400 everything works wonderfully.

Hello everyone.
A piece of info: but is it just me if I set the memory speed to 7500mhz or 7000mhz the handheld (16gb/hd 512gb) restarts? Does it happen to anyone else?
You have the same problem as me, a bad chip. It doesn't support 7000MHz or 7500MHz. In fact, I went back to 6400MHz and since then I have never had any more problems and sudden reboots

Hello everyone.

Setting it to 7500 doesn't guarantee it will work just by setting that and also best to save and reset option when saving that in the saving options in the BIOS as that will make the device retrain memory for that speed but again doesn't mean it will work unless you manually adjust memory timings too.

It does warn you of this when going into these settings and not all devices will just work by setting that option only. So if you don't know how to adjust memory timings to make it stable at 7500 or even 7000 best to leave it at 6400 if it causes obvious issues.

Last edited:
Sorry if this is a silly question but, seeing people mention they've made images of the NVME drive before doing anything with their unit, how exactly is this done?

Sorry if this is a silly question but, seeing people mention they've made images of the NVME drive before doing anything with their unit, how exactly is this done?

I used CloneZilla. To clone my device to make sure if in the future I need to replace the SSD I could clone it all back with the factory partition too that has a recovery factory backup on it too.

Explained here regarding the factory recovery partition :- https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...estions-support-thread.18991990/post-37344975

Last edited:
I used CloneZilla. To clone my device to make sure if in the future I need to replace the SSD I could clone it all back with the factory partition too that has a recovery factory backup on it too.

Explained here regarding the factory recovery partition :- https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...estions-support-thread.18991990/post-37344975
Cheers, as much as I know imaging is a thing I've never actually sone it on any of my machines before.

I'm having an absolute nightmare so far. I bought the black 32gb/2TB model on ****** back on 29/9, it arrived in a few days, I set it up and had fun playing Lego Star Wars on it, only niggle was they included the white/grey dock with the black console. No biggie, I can live with that. I then noticed overnight on the 6th or 7th of this month that sound was only coming from one speaker, tested & confirmed it was a hardware issue. Called ****** on Wednesday the 9th and to their credit they arranged an immediate RMA and replacement. DPD courier should've picked it up Thursday but was being an arse about my address, ****** rearranged the collection for yesterday which happened and immediately sent replacement which arrived today. Here's where things become more of a huge problem...
I was told for the RMA process to package up everything including accessories as they'd send a full replacement package, so I reboxed the console, power brick, leads, dock, thumbcaps, case ... EVERYTHING. What they've sent as replacement was just the console package with power brick and lead. On top of that, when I booted the console up the touchscreen doesn't respong to touch and there seems to be damage in the form of a light patch on the left side of the screen. I can't call them up to sort this as they're closed on a weekend so will have to wait till Monday to sort this all out again!! :mad:

I know none of you can help or do anything about this, I just wanted a rant and to get it off my chest because honestly this is such a cool little machine and I just wanna enjoy the thing, but I'm getting worried there's QC issues with the hardware on Antec's side as a whole. Anyway, rant over, I'll let y'all know what happens after Monday

EDIT: didn't realise the retailer name would be censored, just wanna say I'm not tryna cause them any trouble etc

Last edited:
@D33J yeah the reason the name is censored is because these forums are owned and operated by Overclockers UK, to which the place in question are a competitor.

Regarding the RMA, the device plus power brick etc. are one item, while the dock, thumbsticks, screen protector etc are 'free' accessories.. they should have been more clear in their communication.
If the new unit is not responding to touch (as well as the screen bright spot issue!), it could theoretically be a software issue but either way is not acceptable or your responsibility to resolve - So sadly that sounds like another RMA.
Make sure you get their confirmation that they'll replace the accessories that you returned as that is part of the offered package you paid for!

Regarding the colour of the dock I had the same question, but I think that was due to stock allocation - not an issue for me as I will very rarely use it and it could be lime green for all I care :P

Post back if you have more issues with RMA as I'm sure people in this thread could advise how to proceed - I've really been enjoying mine! Played through Mafia definitive edition at decent settings and it's running GTA:IV on full settings 1080p no problem :)

@D33J yeah the reason the name is censored is because these forums are owned and operated by Overclockers UK, to which the place in question are a competitor.
That's a fair point, only bought it from the other place as they seemed to be the only ones with the free accessory bundle...

Regarding the RMA, the device plus power brick etc. are one item, while the dock, thumbsticks, screen protector etc are 'free' accessories.. they should have been more clear in their communication.
Yeah, sadly they weren't, they told me to send everything, and I even clarified with them on the original RMA call...

If the new unit is not responding to touch (as well as the screen bright spot issue!), it could theoretically be a software issue but either way is not acceptable or your responsibility to resolve - So sadly that sounds like another RMA.
Make sure you get their confirmation that they'll replace the accessories that you returned as that is part of the offered package you paid for!
I've ran all Windows/Ayaspace updates and the screen issues remain, same after factory reset procedure so yup, looks like another RMA and will deff push them about what's to sent out next time...

Regarding the colour of the dock I had the same question, but I think that was due to stock allocation - not an issue for me as I will very rarely use it and it could be lime green for all I care :P
Same my dude, it was just going tucked behind my TV anyway, out of sight out of mind :cry:

I've really been enjoying mine! Played through Mafia definitive edition at decent settings and it's running GTA:IV on full settings 1080p no problem :)
Again, same. I was chuffed to bits with the performance on it, even though I didn't really push it THAT hard with a 2015 Lego Star Wars game, was looking forward to some more playing this weekend. Fingers crossed it all sorts out well I guess.

Cheers for the reply!!

Cheers, as much as I know imaging is a thing I've never actually sone it on any of my machines before.

I'm having an absolute nightmare so far. I bought the black 32gb/2TB model on ****** back on 29/9, it arrived in a few days, I set it up and had fun playing Lego Star Wars on it, only niggle was they included the white/grey dock with the black console. No biggie, I can live with that. I then noticed overnight on the 6th or 7th of this month that sound was only coming from one speaker, tested & confirmed it was a hardware issue. Called ****** on Wednesday the 9th and to their credit they arranged an immediate RMA and replacement. DPD courier should've picked it up Thursday but was being an arse about my address, ****** rearranged the collection for yesterday which happened and immediately sent replacement which arrived today. Here's where things become more of a huge problem...
I was told for the RMA process to package up everything including accessories as they'd send a full replacement package, so I reboxed the console, power brick, leads, dock, thumbcaps, case ... EVERYTHING. What they've sent as replacement was just the console package with power brick and lead. On top of that, when I booted the console up the touchscreen doesn't respong to touch and there seems to be damage in the form of a light patch on the left side of the screen. I can't call them up to sort this as they're closed on a weekend so will have to wait till Monday to sort this all out again!! :mad:

I know none of you can help or do anything about this, I just wanted a rant and to get it off my chest because honestly this is such a cool little machine and I just wanna enjoy the thing, but I'm getting worried there's QC issues with the hardware on Antec's side as a whole. Anyway, rant over, I'll let y'all know what happens after Monday

EDIT: didn't realise the retailer name would be censored, just wanna say I'm not tryna cause them any trouble etc

Yes these devices seem to suffer from a few issues I have noticed too, I had two and have one now as I sold one to a work mate that has one too and both of mine suffer from not charging to 100% and same with his he purchased originally too and mine later for his daughter knowing this issue with the battery as he suffers with it too.

Currently waiting on Antec to get back to me if they can supply replacement batteries and batteries in the future too, if not I will be returning the one I have remaining too for a refund.

Other people that have purchased these seem to suffer with the battery issue I am seeing too and have either returned them for a refund or returned them for an exchange, but seems these all have some sort of issue out of the box and I will explain more later as it involves BIOS,EC firmware and controller updates to make the Bypass and limiting charging work too.

Not a happy camper at the moment with this device all because of a battery.

The battery shows the issue out of the box where it will refuse to show 100% (both mine would state 99% full charge out of the box and stop charging but would die at anywhere from 20-30%) charge in windows or linux and then doing a complete battery discharge and draining the battery in some windows application or game then it will either shut down before 0% battery sometimes even between 20-30% so called charge left and will be totally dead, if it starts up again best to then go into the BIOS and let it completely die in there and then wait till it cools down and do a full charge again and see where it ends up in windows and what percentage it stops at charging, mine stops at 82% and refuses to charge more and can be seen in Ayaspace showing 0W being sent to the battery when it stops charging. No limiting is set or anything it just refuses to charge past 82% this device the previous device would stop at 75% and my work mates stops at 77-78% and refuses to charge more.

So heads up on the battery too.

The draining process and fully charging after is basically calibrating the battery and this will show any issues with it too, as it will then die correctly at 0% but never charge to 100% and will depend on the status of your battery how far it will fully charge to and stop and at what percentage it shows at the time.

@ciggybumly that purchased one has returned it for a refund too, as his had a ticking fan issue and the battery charge issue mentioned above.

More information can be read in the Handheld channel under the general list on this discord https://discord.gg/4YHhAavz .

Last edited:
More information can be read in the Handheld channel under the general list on this discord https://discord.gg/4YHhAavz .

Yeah, I jumped in the Discord server last night shortly after my last response on here. The number of people discussing the various issues they've had, combined with people saying Antec have already discontinued the device really had me wondering whether I should just cut and run. I think I'm gonna go for one more exchange (will be my 3rd unit) and hope for the best, but if that one has issues too I'll just send it back and keep my money, such a shame.

Yeah, I jumped in the Discord server last night shortly after my last response on here. The number of people discussing the various issues they've had, combined with people saying Antec have already discontinued the device really had me wondering whether I should just cut and run. I think I'm gonna go for one more exchange (will be my 3rd unit) and hope for the best, but if that one has issues too I'll just send it back and keep my money, such a shame.
Ask @Ace Modder he is also Antec_Lee on the discord and Antec staff. Regarding why the device maybe going EOL.. I have no idea mate. I just want them to reply if they can provide batteries now and if they can't I'm sending it back for a refund as I have wasted enough time now on this device. Not very happy about the situation and a simple question of can they get replacement batteries is just delaying the return and refund process with that retailer it was purchased from.

Last edited:
Ask @Ace Modder he is also Antec_Lee on the discord and Antec staff. Regarding why the device maybe going EOL.. I have no idea mate. I just want them to reply if they can provide batteries now and if they can't I'm sending it back for a refund as I have wasted enough time now on this device. Not very happy about the situation and a simple question of can they get replacement batteries is just delaying the return and refund process with that retailer it was purchased from.
I saw the message you linked on the Discord, seems like there maybe not dropping the device entirely, just stopping the 32Gb/2TB model and just doing other variants. Whether Ace/Lee will be able to confirm that is another matter, companies don't like staff leaking stuff, gotta protect the profit margins for the shareholders after all.

I saw the message you linked on the Discord, seems like there maybe not dropping the device entirely, just stopping the 32Gb/2TB model and just doing other variants. Whether Ace/Lee will be able to confirm that is another matter, companies don't like staff leaking stuff, gotta protect the profit margins for the shareholders after all.

I think they are just trying to get rid of the 16GB/512GB ssd versions now. Then maybe a totally new device, I don't know but I think these are just old stocks of Ayaneo Slides repackaged as Antec Core HS and they purchased their remaining stock of unsold Slides. I don't know but something is not sitting right with me as I am seeing so many issues with these devices out of the box now, I had two newly purchased at different times and drops at that retailer and both have a bad battery issue.. and my work mates that purchased them too.. so their is a pattern to this battery issue..

Then other people stated the same and having other hardware issues from fans ticking to other issues and the main one is the battery issue it seems.

As you see sold out of the 32GB versions and only the 16GB ones remain. https://antecplay.com/collections/handheld

I'm not really willing to get a 3rd now and test my luck again.. so if no batteries can be obtained its going back for a refund and calling it a day.

Last edited:
We are planning to launch more devices, specifically with the 8840u CPU replacing the 7840u. As for the battery thing, my colleague (in Taiwan) is working with Ayaneo on that, I will nudge him to see if we can get some updates.

We are planning to launch more devices, specifically with the 8840u CPU replacing the 7840u. As for the battery thing, my colleague (in Taiwan) is working with Ayaneo on that, I will nudge him to see if we can get some updates.
see now I'm wondering if I should refund the current faulty device rather than replace it with a 3rd, then just wait for a new 8840u device

Hi everyone,
We’re aware of a battery issue affecting a small number of users, and we’re currently gathering information to better understand the scope. If you’re experiencing this issue, please reach out to us at https://antec.com/support so we can begin the process of addressing it.

We’re actively exploring solutions, including replacement options, but the specifics are still being worked out. Rest assured, we’re committed to resolving this matter thoroughly and correctly.Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Back
Top Bottom