• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

A lot of the time the cooling performance / noise just comes down to how aggressively the default fan curves are set to in the Vbios.

large picture mode i think you're right, up to a point, a better cooler can still help with temps and noise, i mean i was looking at a Gainward 4070, 83c at 36db with 195 watts, compare that to my MSI 2070 Super Gaming X which is a card twice the weight at 1.5KG: 71c at 31db with 220 watts, a very clear difference in cooling performance.

And you can still buy cards with just plain bad coolers on them.

Rumor - 7800XT 7700XT basically equals 6800XT on Timespy.

FTFY. ;)

I think I might hold out for a 6950XT at close to £500 rather than a 7800XT at around the same price. Worse case scenario is I wait and the 6950XT doesn't drop down that low again and by that point the hype for the 7800XT will have died down a bit and there will be hopefully better discounts.

never actually tried it(mobile version), was hard enough to get the desktop version for me, saving pocket money etc :D how was it compared to the mx?

I never actually compared the two directly but most laptops didn't have a dedicated card,so you could actually run some games on it.

The MX440 was a stop-gap and got quickly replaced by a 9500 PRO!

Back
Top Bottom