Anyone Using an Asus DSL-AC68U

Don
Finally gave up.... And bought a ubiquiti edge router lite and an open reach modem. Better all round. ...

This is what I opted for instead of trying this Asus. Had enough trouble with my DSL-N55U.

The trouble with Asus is they seem to release products before fully testing them, then they use the public as their testers and they are not very forthcoming with information.

If they were more pro-active on their forums and support, then I would overlook it a little.

Associate
For whatever reason the latest stable (non-beta) patch messed something up on my router. Constant connection drops with the general message of 'ethernet link down'.

I have since rolled back to a previous firmware, however my internet speeds have been gradually dropping from 80Mbps down all the way to 35Mbps at the moment. I am with talk talk on 80/20 and have complained to them about it, but I do think it was triggered by that firmware. Very strange...

Soldato
Latest firmware is pretty good BTW :)

still rocking 80/20 speeds actually its been awesome all year lol
its probably cause i ditched using the dsl_ac68u as a modem and only use it as a router now...... in co with a Offcom Broadcom HG612 modem :)

---------------------

5389443137.png

Great website for stats on your connection as well and alerts you to drop outs via email as well...

SWWNk3x.jpg

Im quite happy :) ....

Soldato
Wasn't the only significant problem the modem?

I'd assume these were mostly purchased by people wanting a single box solution at a time where the separate Openreach modems were still the norm.

If you're going to use a separate modem there were/are better/cheaper router options available.

Soldato
Wasn't the only significant problem the modem?

I'd assume these were mostly purchased by people wanting a single box solution at a time where the separate Openreach modems were still the norm.

If you're going to use a separate modem there were/are better/cheaper router options available.

I only went the modem/router route cause the modem on this asus router does not like my line when it comes to CRC errors, even though it was/is stable using the asus modem it still bugs me when i see high crc / error seconds count compared to the open reach modems very low error seconds.

Associate
For whatever reason the latest stable (non-beta) patch messed something up on my router. Constant connection drops with the general message of 'ethernet link down'.

I have since rolled back to a previous firmware, however my internet speeds have been gradually dropping from 80Mbps down all the way to 35Mbps at the moment. I am with talk talk on 80/20 and have complained to them about it, but I do think it was triggered by that firmware. Very strange...

HI, if happens again ... at wan>internet connection>edit>additional pppd options ... try the command
lcp-echo-interval 0
If will not connect, try instead of 0 value, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60

Soldato
Hi All, random question here. How do i get this router working with BT Infinity? It only has Ethernet connections on the back so will i need to plug it into a separate modem?

Associate
If you have bought the router only version of this (Model RT-AC68U) then you will need to use the HomeHub as your modem and connect that via Ethernet.

If you actually have the Modem/Router version (Model DSL-AC68U) then there should be a DSL connection on the back which you plug the DSL connection in to.

Soldato
If you have bought the router only version of this (Model RT-AC68U) then you will need to use the HomeHub as your modem and connect that via Ethernet.

If you actually have the Modem/Router version (Model DSL-AC68U) then there should be a DSL connection on the back which you plug the DSL connection in to.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...gigabit-adsl-vdsl-modem-router-nw-077-as.html

This is the DSL version and it does not have a DSL connection in the back when i look at the images. If i do indeed have the router only version does the BT home hub have a modem only setting?

Associate
If it really is the DSL version then you should have this blue port as indicated here to plug the connection into.

UVC0Pnp.png

The model number is printed on the front of the vbox, top-right, and also on the back at the top in the middle.

Soldato
What ISP do you have it connected to? Can you make use of the ASUS remote connection features?

I am with BT. I have the BT feeding through to the router. I don't know what you mean about remote connection but I'm pretty certain it'll work if it's a feature. I can access my NAS drive from out of the home as well (Seagate Central) as the hard drive plugged into the router using ASUS AiCloud.

Soldato
I am with BT. I have the BT feeding through to the router. I don't know what you mean about remote connection but I'm pretty certain it'll work if it's a feature. I can access my NAS drive from out of the home as well (Seagate Central) as the hard drive plugged into the router using ASUS AiCloud.

that's pretty much what I ment :). Is it BT infinity that you have?

Back
Top Bottom